• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I got the Matchbox Emira from Bellevue too. If the U.S. cars get pushed into next year, I'm going to start wondering if it's because they're all grandfathered in at the original price, and they want to produce and sell cars at the new price first.

I got the Matchbox Emira from Bellevue too. If the U.S. cars get pushed into next year, I'm going to start wondering if it's because they're all grandfathered in at the original price, and they want to produce and sell cars at the new price first.

Likely, but doubtful. 93k isnt going to be worth 93k next year. Their best bet is to get them out NOW and put the money into the churn.

I'm just passing along the info my dealer gave me. I cannot personally confirm the build status of our cars of course, sounds like we will all be tuning in to hear Aero's intel on the 9th.

Though by that logic, why not push them out to 2025, 2026, 2027 or whenever sales at $105k drop off?

Matchbox Emira?? I know of an Evora model they made. Is it an actual Matchbox car?

I have a Lego Evija.
IMG_7207.jpeg

On June 9th you are going to be the most popular person on this forum. I'm certain people here can help with assembling a list of questions if needed.
@Aero here are my suggested questions:
1) When will U.S. cars start production?
2) Are they still planning to ship them and hold at U.S. port while awaiting certification and if so, how will they be stored?
3) When will i4 AMG cars start production and when will demos be made available to the automotive press?
4) What is the total current daily production rate from both shifts?

@Aero here are my suggested questions:
1) When will U.S. cars start production?
2) Are they still planning to ship them and hold at U.S. port while awaiting certification and if so, how will they be stored?
3) When will i4 AMG cars start production and when will demos be made available to the automotive press?
4) What is the total current daily production rate from both shifts?
I have 2 you can ask.
When are you going to stop leading us along with false promises.
When you start treating deposit holder with some respect

I thought the March Dealer meeting notes from Gator stated 2023 FE 1.0 as well as FE 2.0 would be produced in 2023 (despite one being $12k more)? It was inferred as a Lotus priority given the present tardiness.
Mind you produced isn't the same as delivered.
Separately, the seeming grand gesture of issuing 600 more to NA at the new higher FE price serves merely to fatten Lotus coffers ahead of less costly BE orders..
I and others might have been more impressed if the 600 unit bump was at the grandfathered (launch announcement) price, which was our reason for original 2021 deposits (which didn’t make the cutoff).
Now that 'would be worth the wait.'

Early FE 1.0 spec ordered last March or April. I agree the issues are mostly battery related. Intel says they're cheap Chinese batteries that sat in storage way too long. I'm concerned about my car sitting at the port for months and months too. Brain says to pull my order and get something else. Heart doesn't want anything else.
Had this same concern, but for a different reason. I was worried my paint would get damaged while sitting outside. Had my dealer confirm directly with Lotus that this will not be the case. I think, in general, we tend to obsess and overthink things while we wair

Had this same concern, but for a different reason. I was worried my paint would get damaged while sitting outside. Had my dealer confirm directly with Lotus that this will not be the case. I think, in general, we tend to obsess and overthink things while we wair
Do you believe them?

Yes. I'm traveling right now and can't find it, but there was a post/pics showing previously delivered cars to the US waiting in enclosed hangers.
That was for the Evora yes, however how much did that cost? Is lotus in the position to pay for stored cover for months now? Doubtful.

These vehicles will all be insured before they hit the shores. I doubt at a $100k price point the insurance carrier will allow them to sit outside for 4-months. One hail storm would be a limits loss, and unlikely for any carrier to take that kind of risk.

That was for the Evora yes, however how much did that cost? Is lotus in the position to pay for stored cover for months now? Doubtful.

What's your reason for the negativity? The message was directly from Lotus and there's already precedent. As far as your strawman, yes Lotus has money and Geely is investing heavily into the marquee as the upscale/luxury offering.

What's your reason for the negativity? The message was directly from Lotus and there's already precedent. As far as your strawman, yes Lotus has money and Geely is investing heavily into the marquee as the upscale/luxury offering.
Sorry if it came off negative, but businesses make money by cutting corners....and it's starting to show with the problems cropping up with the FE's.

Was the message directly from Lotus or a dealership? Because they seem to be on different wave lengths.

I obviously want success but I am realist with a business degree, not that it really matters though. But companies survive by cutting corners. If covered storage cost 50k for 3 month vice 5k for outdoors.....what do you think they will do? They are already loosing money on first batch FES. But this is probably a moot point since th3 NA Fes will most likely be made closer to the end of the year.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back