• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

So I downloaded the latest EPA Annual Certified Light Vehicle list from the EPA website. Lots of new model 2024 vehicles listed from Honda, Kia, BMW, Aston Martin, Porsche, GM, etc.... Yet NOTHING from Lotus.

The last Lotus entry was for the 2021 Lotus Evora GT.

So I'm concluding that the EPA Certification for the Emira has not yet been completed/approved. :(
To be fair, most of those brands probably intended to sell new cars all year round in 2023. Also, it's not going to show up on the list until it's certified. If Lotus says certification isn't happening until the fall of 2023, I'm not surprised it's not on the list in May of 2023.

To be fair, most of those brands probably intended to sell new cars all year round in 2023. Also, it's not going to show up on the list until it's certified. If Lotus says certification isn't happening until the fall of 2023, I'm not surprised it's not on the list in May of 2023.
I stand to be corrected on this but to the best of my limited knowledge if certification was submitted to EPA it would show up but say pending or something like that

Question: does the factory shut down for a summer break before switching to MY2024 production?

Dealer called with some updates and answers to my questions:
  • What is the current status of NA/US certification? No updates, but they're estimating ~December for first deliveries (yeah right)
  • When is US V6 production starting and when will deliveries actually happen? Production for US begins in August
  • Will the cars delivered to the Baltimore port be stored indoors while we wait for certification release? Yes
  • Can I change my FE1.0 color to one of the new 7 paint options without time or price increase? Absolutely not
So... there's that. No customer comms until the inevitable last minute delay email and to expect a winter delivery. Same as last year.

• What is the current status of NA/US certification? No updates, but they're estimating ~December for first deliveries (yeah right)
  • When is US V6 production starting and when will deliveries actually happen? Production for US begins in August
  • Will the cars delivered to the Baltimore port be stored indoors while we wait for certification release? Yes
  • Can I change my FE1.0 color to one of the new 7 paint options without time or price increase? Absolutely not
So... there's that. No customer comms until the inevitable last minute delay email and to expect a winter delivery. Same as last year.
Thank you for sharing your updates

We have sharp shooters eyes the manifests at the ports and so far have seen no evidence of 30+ Emiras being delivered, although they would potentially stagger them. I believe it will be closer to the date since I believe some NA parts are different (lights).
NHTSA doesn’t use the complete car for the tests so they won’t look Emira like it many respects.

This is helpful but sad. The report from the March Dealer meeting intimated FE V6 production would start in May (now August) for delivery Oct-Nov (now December). At least cars won't sit dockside starting July for months on end.
Maybe 'best Xmas ever' for a fortunate few. New Year's Resolution for everyone else.

The _only_ potential upside is that by August maybe Lotus has figured out the power steering and wiper issues. But I'm not holding my breath. They have yet to do anything other than disappoint since July 2021.

This has gotten so frustrating I'm nearing being done with the whole hobby. Between Lotus' total failure to deliver or communicate and Porsche practically promoting the scalpers there's nothing interesting to me that can actually be purchased right now.

This has gotten so frustrating I'm nearing being done with the whole hobby. Between Lotus' total failure to deliver or communicate and Porsche practically promoting the scalpers there's nothing interesting to me that can actually be purchased right now.
MC20

There is a silver lining to your statement in the fact that there is nothing the Emira is keeping you from purchasing right now. Well at least that is my situation. I am looking at 4 years from deposit to delivery.

$250k and no manual transmission.
I could honestly do the $250 if the vehicle was worth it, but the manual is absolutely mandatory for me.

I would absolutely spec a loaded GT3 touring at $200 if there was any way to actually A) get one to my spec, B) anywhere near MSRP...

But everything GT3 is marked up $50-$100 over retail and there are so many options that it's also impossible to find one how I would spec on the scalper market even if I was willing on price alone.

I could honestly do the $250 if the vehicle was worth it, but the manual is absolutely mandatory for me.

I would absolutely spec a loaded GT3 touring at $200 if there was any way to actually A) get one to my spec, B) anywhere near MSRP...

But everything GT3 is marked up $50-$100 over retail and there are so many options that it's also impossible to find one how I would spec on the scalper market even if I was willing on price alone.
Amen brother. We’re on the same page.

My Estimation is V6 F/E's will start trickling in Dec/Jan with majority arriving spring and some F/E 2.0's coming in spring/summer 2024. After that will be i4's in summer/fall. Base configurator will probably be up Q2 2024 for Base 2025 model year. Just my 2 cents.

My Estimation is V6 F/E's will start trickling in Dec/Jan with majority arriving spring and some F/E 2.0's coming in spring/summer 2024. After that will be i4's in summer/fall. Base configurator will probably be up Q2 2024 for Base 2025 model year. Just my 2 cents.
That’s being optimistic for Dec Jan
At this rate NA will not see a car before at least April or May
That’s assuming Lotus will even deliver any cars to the States
I’m starting to seriously look for a GT4.

That’s being optimistic for Dec Jan
At this rate NA will not see a car before at least April or May
That’s assuming Lotus will even deliver any cars to the States
I’m starting to seriously look for a GT4.
GT4 is a great car. Being out of production will certainly make it sought after. As for Emira, I think Lotus has satisfied some demand in uk/eu (considering many are still for sale) and would probably want to see the ones on the used market start moving. The i4 going forward will be interesting and the mix of sales numbers between the two. Hang in there, the Emira will arrive. Maybe grab a GT4 for stop gap car for the summer. Doubt you will loose much on it.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back