• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Cost $415 and only weighed 5lbs! Since it was so small I secured it with zip ties because I was too cheap to pay the extra $200 for the machined aluminum mounting kit at the time.

Either way, I'm anxious to hear what Lotus plans for US.

I got nervous when someone mentioned a 3D printed battery mount, let alone zip-ties.
That got past a track inspection?
In an "incident" that could easily be 20g.. so 120lb.
Would easily do more than $200 extra damage.
Just a thought.

In my bike racing days I passed more than a few tech inspections with structural duct tape and zip ties. :D

No. I'm told they're currently working on 100+ i4s then going back to V6s, but none of which are for North American vehicles. I highly doubt we'll see any customer cars in the US this year. 😔
Can you even imagine if that ends up being true? Omg...

Lotus will deliver a dozen FE this year and say they delivered on their promise with the 1st delivery by the end of 2023. It will probably mirror what UK had last year 20-30 cars.

I can. It'll be just like last year when we were all told our cars would be here in Sept-October. Then right before in August they were like "nah, they'll be there next spring." And now here we are like it's Groundhog Day and it's happening all over again. Only difference is this year I get to watch the ROW enjoy theirs and spec new ones in a bunch of different colors while I continue to sit and wait in the dark hoping for the best case scenario of my exotic sports car arriving right before winter. 🙄

groundhog-groundhogday.gif

Yeah Lotus will start producing them in May 2024. :ROFLMAO:

I can. It'll be just like last year when we were all told our cars would be here in Sept-October. Then right before in August they were like "nah, they'll be there next spring." And now here we are like it's Groundhog Day and it's happening all over again. Only difference is this year I get to watch the ROW enjoy theirs and spec new ones in a bunch of different colors while I continue to sit and wait in the dark hoping for the best case scenario of my exotic sports car arriving right before winter. 🙄

Look at the bright side.. At least you locked in before the price hike :)

And what is the definition of insanity again? Something about doing the same thing over and over again...starting to feel like that at times.

I shopped a 570 GT with barely any miles. Asking price was barely $35k more than the Emira.
Would absolutely consider a 570 GT if it had a manual transmission. It's a MUST have for me. It's why I placed an order for a 911T as well.

Never thought I would admit that a tranny has me by the short hairs.

my local credit union wants 14% interest to finance
I was given the same interest rate from my bank too, if I wanted to use an unsecured loan to buy any car that's over 5 years old. It's rough out there, I tell ya... :p At least we're all in this together!

I was given the same interest rate from my bank too, if I wanted to use an unsecured loan to buy any car that's over 5 years old. It's rough out there, I tell ya... :p At least we're all in this together!

Why not do something that does not require any collateral? Lightstream for example? Doesnt matter if its a 1985 Mustang or a 2022 Ferrari.

Lightstream for example?
Just looked them up, they sound like a great alternative! Sadly, it looks like they're USA-only (I live in Canada). Thanks for the suggestion, though. I should look for something similar up here. 👍

Just looked them up, they sound like a great alternative! Sadly, it looks like they're USA-only (I live in Canada). Thanks for the suggestion, though. I should look for something similar up here. 👍
If you find it, let me know too. I’m in Canada as well. 👍

If you find it, let me know too. I’m in Canada as well. 👍

Sorry, yes thats Canada. Its a no collateral loan so they send you the money and you buy whatever you want with it. Much better if you get into a pickle and need to sell the car fast. Cars with liens are more difficult to sell since you dont actually own it and the bank holds the title.

Sorry, yes thats Canada.
Just to clarify, are you saying it IS a Canadian service? Because all of their customer testimonials had US cities next to the name, and I couldn't find the word "Canada" anywhere on their website, so I assumed it was US-only.

I found some other similar companies in Canada but they're not called Lightstream.

Just to clarify, are you saying it IS a Canadian service? Because all of their customer testimonials had US cities next to the name, and I couldn't find the word "Canada" anywhere on their website, so I assumed it was US-only.

I found some other similar companies in Canada but they're not called Lightstream.
I apologize, Im not sure what I meant to say, but if its not working for you in Canada then it will not work, its a US based company.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back