• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

I could be wrong, but I believe the 125k rule is before taxes are factored in. I don’t think the new federal deluxe tax would affect it.

I think the only way would be, as you say, for Arthur and the dealer to be willing to let it go under 125 to accommodate that. It would make a big difference in my decision.
BB6F1C3C-A336-4178-B135-67A915F8316B.jpeg

The GST is calculated with the deluxe tax.
You think it is going to be different for the PST ?

And people voted the liberals back in OMG
Indeed. People need to wake up to the snake oil that these politicians sell. They use fear and the promise of protection from harm to stay in power. It’s pathetic really. The cabal between our liberal politicians and our press, and the way a public willingly relinquish their freedoms is truly frightening. In America, our founding fathers gave us a brilliant system that protects freedom for individuals against the tyranny of the majority. A representative republic does this, not democracy. Democracy is a process, whose outcomes must be kept in check, not blindly obeyed. As I read what I’m writing I sound like a zealot. I’m not, by any stretch. I’m a pretty reasonable guy. But when the idea of freedom ceases being mainstream, we are in real trouble. And just looking at things today, that’s exactly where we are. We’ve given power to to a massive bureaucracy that now fights back to every threat on power. They use fear and divisiveness, pitting groups against one another then seizing resources from everyone and justify doing so in the name of protection. But it’s all crap. We now need to be equally resolute in a fight for freedom. Government needs to stay in its lane.

I find the price differential in Canada to be stupid. Why did Lotus price it this way for Canada? It is not inline with other manufacturers. Case in point:

USA
Emira FE is $94,000
Porsche GT4 starts at $101,000
So the Emira FE is $7,000k less

Canada

Emira FE is $120,000
Porsche GT4 starts at $116,000
So the Emira FE is $4,000 more

I am not arguing the absolute price difference as both countries have different structures. I am simply arguing the fact that the differential is in complete opposite directions, one being more, the other less.

How does this make any sense?

I find the price differential in Canada to be stupid. Why did Lotus price it this way for Canada? It is not inline with other manufacturers. Case in point:

USA
Emira FE is $94,000

Canada

Emira FE is $120,000

I am not arguing the absolute price difference as both countries have different structures. I am simply arguing the fact that the differential is in complete opposite directions, one being more, the other less.

Most of it has to do with the fact that there is no Lotus Canada, so we are at the mercy of Lotus USA when it comes to pricing. Canadian dealers are forced to buy from Lotus USA and they don't bother to market adjust the car. Meanwhile, a lot of other manufacturers are able to market adjust their cars.

Now that the Z06 has been officially revealed, I fear that a lot of Canadian deposits may shift if the prices are remotely close.

Most of it has to do with the fact that there is no Lotus Canada, so we are at the mercy of Lotus USA when it comes to pricing. Canadian dealers are forced to buy from Lotus USA and they don't bother to market adjust the car. Meanwhile, a lot of other manufacturers are able to market adjust their cars.

Now that the Z06 has been officially revealed, I fear that a lot of Canadian deposits may shift if the prices are remotely close.
I have my deposit down for the Emira and #7 for the GT4 at my dealership. Do you think CAD pricing will change before final ordering? That might ultimately decide whether I keep the GT4 instead.

Yeah, the Z06 reveal was incredible. What an engine.

USA
Emira FE is $94,000

Canada

Emira FE is $120,000

I second everything Chooch13 said.

This is how I think Lotus USA priced the car in Canada:

In Canada we pay the transport fees in double. We pay the 2200$US to get the car from UK to USA just like the American does 93 900$USD + 2 200$USD = 96 100$USD = 118.9K CAD + some kind of canadian customs border fees = 119 888$.

We are then charged another time 2000$US from our canadian dealer to cover the transport fees from Lotus USA to Canadian dealer.

How it could be worse than that I dont know... Ridiculous!

The new Z06 have a wonderful engine! 5.5L, flat plane crank, 8600RPM, 680HP N/A, a Ferrari sounds. It will start below 90KUS and around 104-105K CAD. We could get a very well equipped Z06 for less or same as the Emira FE.

Sadly Im a Lotus guys and want the Emira but any rational person would go with the Z06 all the way!!

F9A98B2B-B089-44DD-823E-6384D4DB43D9.png

Last edited:
I have my deposit down for the Emira and #7 for the GT4 at my dealership. Do you think CAD pricing will change before final ordering? That might ultimately decide whether I keep the GT4 instead.

I think the pricing is pretty much set in stone for the V6 FE. You should wait and see how much the V6 Base will come in at before cancelling any deposits though, unless you really want a V6 FE. The GT4 is also a fantastic car and is on my list as well!

Have not heard from Vancouver dealer since placed initial deposit in the summer. Haven’t been told where I am in the order queue, nor have I been told when to expect further communications. Pretty lacklustre IMO.
Hi, I'm sorry you haven't heard from us. Have you received your deposit confirmation email? Please reach out and we will gladly give you an update.

Currently we are waiting for our allotments that will be given out in January. After that we will contact deposit holders so that we can lock in the builds and take a larger deposit.

As previously mentioned, we will be attending an Emira training mid November where hopefully they will share their plans for a Canadian tour. It's been very difficult getting cars and teams in to tour so let's please be patient :).

I second everything Chooch13 said.

This is how I think Lotus USA priced the car in Canada:

In Canada we pay the transport fees in double. We pay the 2200$US to get the car from UK to USA just like the American does 93 900$USD + 2 200$USD = 96 100$USD = 118.9K CAD + some kind of canadian customs border fees = 119 888$.

We are then charged another time 2000$US from our canadian dealer to cover the transport fees from Lotus USA to Canadian dealer.

How it could be worse than that I dont know... Ridiculous!

The new Z06 have a wonderful engine! 5.5L, flat plane crank, 8600RPM, 680HP N/A, a Ferrari sounds. It will start below 90KUS and around 104-105K CAD. We could get a very well equipped Z06 for less or same as the Emira FE.

Sadly Im a Lotus guys and want the Emira but any rational person would go with the Z06 all the way!!

View attachment 953
love that image. made me laugh

Any idea how much the second deposits will be ?

Thanks and we will have to spec cars with that deposit?

Any guess when i4 fe will be arriving I was guessing early 2023

Hmmm….I didn’t know we had to place multiple deposits in Canada. I put $5k down, so I am required to put another $5k Cdn? Is that all?

Hmmm….I didn’t know we had to place multiple deposits in Canada. I put $5k down, so I am required to put another $5k Cdn? Is that all?
I could be mistaken, time will tell. Here, we only took $2,500 deposits, so a second deposit will definitely be needed to lock in the order.

@LotusVancouver, what is the policy when you hold a deposit and want to wait for the base version? Can you keep your spot in line while giving the chance for other deposit holders to order the FE?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back