• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

We do not know the cost yet of Freight/PDI but we will do our absolute best to stay under our pesky 20% tax rate.

I do not understand that statement about the 20% tax rate and the destination charge ? Can you elaborate on what you means ?

Before to place the official order for the FE 2022 in January are we going to know the price for the V6 base + options pricing list ?

I do not understand that statement about the 20% tax rate and the destination charge ? Can you elaborate on what you means ?

Before to place the official order for the FE 2022 in January are we going to know the price for the V6 base + options pricing list ?
In BC we have a luxury tax that comes in once the $125,000 threshold is crossed. So it's important to try to stay below the $124,999 mark, otherwise you're paying an additional 5% on the total amount.

Regarding the base prices, I'd assume that yes, we should know. But I cannot guarantee it. I am going to a dealer meeting mid November where I expect more information on timeline and pricing.

In BC we have a luxury tax that comes in once the $125,000 threshold is crossed. So it's important to try to stay below the $124,999 mark, otherwise you're paying an additional 5% on the total amount.

Regarding the base prices, I'd assume that yes, we should know. But I cannot guarantee it. I am going to a dealer meeting mid November where I expect more information on timeline and pricing.
What are your % sales tax in BC ?

There is also going to have the freakin luxury tax of 20% that will apply onto the amount over 100K. ( 20% x 23K-24K = another 4.7K - 4.8K )

What are your % sales tax in BC ?

There is also going to have the freakin luxury tax of 20% that will apply onto the amount over 100K. ( 20% x 23K-24K = another 4.7K - 4.8K )
For info on BC taxes: https://benaustin.ca/luxury-car-tax/

You're lucky you're in QC my fellow frenchie :) (I'm from Sherbrooke)

Still waiting on news for the 10% levy for cars over $100k. Fingers crossed it doesn't get through.

For info on BC taxes: https://benaustin.ca/luxury-car-tax/

You're lucky you're in QC my fellow frenchie :) (I'm from Sherbrooke)

Still waiting on news for the 10% levy for cars over $100k. Fingers crossed it doesn't get through.
I wonder who is lucky when I look at the pictures below. :)

The new Canadian luxury tax for 2022 is not 10% but 20% applied onto the amount that exceed / over 100K.

For a purchase over 200K, it is going to be an extra 10% onto the total of the bill instead.
1634932837825.png

1634933247413.png

Last edited:
I wonder who is lucky when I look at the pictures below. :)

The new Canadian luxury tax for 2022 is not 10% but 20% applied onto the amount that exceed / over 100K.

For the purchase over 200K, it is going to be an extra 10% onto the total of the bill instead.

Tax laws aren't always the most clear when they are first released (Sometimes they aren't even clear years later :LOL:), but if they do get the required votes to pass the new luxury tax, then this is how it will work:

The tax is calculated at the lesser of:
  • 20% of the value above threshold ($100,000 for cars and personal aircraft; $250,000 for boats); or
  • 10% of the full value of the luxury car, boat or personal aircraft.
The tax would apply at the point of purchase if the final sale price paid by a consumer (not including the GST/HST or provincial sales tax) is above the $100,000 or $250,000 price threshold.

Hello all! Manager of the Lotus Vancouver dealership here. I see there has been some interesting topics being discussed that merit our input.

Firstly; we are a very small team (nimble you could say) and I can guarantee that whoever HiddenLotus is that he is not under our employ and does not represent Lotus in British Columbia in any capacity. He/She may be employed for another shop, but is not one of our team members.

Secondly; We have been very busy with Emira deposits (100 + to date) and it hasn't slowed down since the price release. To be perfectly transparent, we have refunded 3 clients. Two of the refunds didn't want to wait until 2023 (both before price release) and the 3rd expected the price to be $60k.

For the pricing; it's important to note (apologies if it has already been mentioned in this thread already) that the pricing ranges from the base i4 at $93,393 to the fully loaded First Edition V6 Manual at $119,888. Both prices are + destination fees and there are a handful of cost options. Including Auto gearbox on the V6 and Upper Black Pack. We do not know the cost yet of Freight/PDI but we will do our absolute best to stay under our pesky 20% tax rate.

For the allotments/confirming orders; we will know how many allotments we will receive in January and will begin confirming orders for summer 2022 then. At that time we should know the destination fees and will have a clearer image of whats going on with production numbers, timing, + prices across the board.

I look forward to hearing your comments/questions and if anyone would like to reach directly to me please feel free to reach out to Arthur at [email protected]
Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the info!
That would be great if you can do your best to keep the final bill below $125k with black pack and freight/PDI.
I think most people will go with manual and black pack. They will be out or wait for base V6 if the final price is more that 125k (including myself).

Hello all! Manager of the Lotus Vancouver dealership here. I see there has been some interesting topics being discussed that merit our input.

Firstly; we are a very small team (nimble you could say) and I can guarantee that whoever HiddenLotus is that he is not under our employ and does not represent Lotus in British Columbia in any capacity. He/She may be employed for another shop, but is not one of our team members.

Secondly; We have been very busy with Emira deposits (100 + to date) and it hasn't slowed down since the price release. To be perfectly transparent, we have refunded 3 clients. Two of the refunds didn't want to wait until 2023 (both before price release) and the 3rd expected the price to be $60k.

For the pricing; it's important to note (apologies if it has already been mentioned in this thread already) that the pricing ranges from the base i4 at $93,393 to the fully loaded First Edition V6 Manual at $119,888. Both prices are + destination fees and there are a handful of cost options. Including Auto gearbox on the V6 and Upper Black Pack. We do not know the cost yet of Freight/PDI but we will do our absolute best to stay under our pesky 20% tax rate.

For the allotments/confirming orders; we will know how many allotments we will receive in January and will begin confirming orders for summer 2022 then. At that time we should know the destination fees and will have a clearer image of whats going on with production numbers, timing, + prices across the board.

I look forward to hearing your comments/questions and if anyone would like to reach directly to me please feel free to reach out to Arthur at [email protected]
Thanks Arthur!

I just confirmed that we still have not received V6 base pricing......

LOTUS corporate still has not figured out how to use a calculator
email I received for my Canadian order...

Today we are pleased to announce the USA MSRP for the Emira.

Emira I4 Base - $74,900

Emira V6 First Edition - $93,900

email I received for my Canadian order...

Today we are pleased to announce the USA MSRP for the Emira.

Emira I4 Base - $74,900

Emira V6 First Edition - $93,900

No base V6 pricing...... still

I guess LOTUS sent someone out to get new batteries for their calculator, so they can calculate the V6 base price....

No base V6 pricing...... still

I guess LOTUS sent someone out to get new batteries for their calculator, so they can calculate the V6 base price....

Based on the current info we have between here, the prices between the regions and the estimated price discount of the bundled FE options; I believe that the Canadian V6 Base price will land between $105-106K. It will be fun to see how close it is once we finally get the official pricing.

Also, for those who will be ordering from @LotusVancouver , you are in great hands! I have dealt with Arthur in the past and I have nothing but good things to say! When dealers become a part of the online community, it only benefits us owners.

Based on the current info we have between here, the prices between the regions and the estimated price discount of the bundled FE options; I believe that the Canadian V6 Base price will land between $105-106K. It will be fun to see how close it is once we finally get the official pricing.

Also, for those who will be ordering from @LotusVancouver , you are in great hands! I have dealt with Arthur in the past and I have nothing but good things to say! When dealers become a part of the online community, it only benefits us owners.
105K-106k for the base v6 mean it would be 9K-10K more then a base I4 at 96 400$ ? It seems like a big difference .

Its amazing.....LOTUS can come up with a cool mechanism to pull the cover off the show cars and tuck it underneath , unlike every other manufacturer that has a woman or man pull the car cover off their reveal show car,........ yet no one at LOTUS knows where to buy disposable batteries for their calculator to figure out the base V6 pricing.

They know it, they’re just not publishing it yet. It’s coming soon.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back