• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

It is yet too early to judge if the cancellation volume is important or not because the V6 base + pricing for the options a la carte are not even known. Lot of people may have to skip the V6 FE train because of it’s higher price then planned but still hope for an alternative solution more decent for them between 100K - 115K with a base véhicule + couples options.

Myself the first included, I wonder how much I could save with pretty much the same options as a first edition but without the convenience package and without those forged wheels especially when visually I dont even like them and prefer the 10 spokes style onto this car. On a side note, we will also all agree that color’s choice for the FE are very limited and it is a bit sad to order such an expensive car with a color you find ok but not in love with.

I guess LOTUS sitting around with their calculator figuring out what the base v6 price will be ?? hahah

hopefully we can get the pricing before no one cares anymore.....

I've followed a lot of car launches and this is the first where the base price wasn't know from the get go. That said, I've read on-line that the base V6 is supposed to be equal or close to the base I4 price. Apparently, Lotus has said that the I4/DCT parts are actually higher priced than the V6/manual parts cost. Don't know if that is true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I never intended to buy an FE really. Sure, if the price was an absolute bargain I would consider it, but I never spec my cars on the high end. I don't care for 200 way power seats or leather cup holders. If I can get the v6 manual in a colour that I like with leather seats (hate alcantara) and the 10 spoke wheels for $110k, I'm Ok with that. Then it will just boil down to fit, finish and reliability. Luckily, I will have at least a year of buyers before me so I can see how things go.

Last edited:
I've followed a lot of car launches and this is the first where the base price wasn't know from the get go. That said, I've read on-line that the base V6 is supposed to be equal or close to the base I4 price. Apparently, Lotus has said that the I4/DCT parts are actually higher priced than the V6/manual parts cost. Don't know if that is true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I never intended to buy an FE really. Sure, if the price was an absolute bargain I would consider it, but I never spec my cars on the high end. I don't care for 200 way power seats or leather cup holders. If I can get the v6 manual in a colour that I like with leather seats (hate alcantara) and the 10 spoke wheels for $110k, I'm Ok with that. Then it will just boil down to fit, finish and reliability. Luckily, I will have at least a year of buyers before me so I can see how things go.

Isn't the price with the I4 the base price? We don't know what the V6 price is yet, but it's supposed to be higher. I've read it's 3-4K USD higher.

My understanding is that there will be a V6 base price also and that the parts are actually cheaper vs the I4. Obviously, that doesn't mean it will be priced less, but it should be at least close.

I've followed a lot of car launches and this is the first where the base price wasn't know from the get go. That said, I've read on-line that the base V6 is supposed to be equal or close to the base I4 price. Apparently, Lotus has said that the I4/DCT parts are actually higher priced than the V6/manual cost. Don't know if that is true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I never intended to buy an FE really. Sure, if the price was an absolute bargain I would consider it, but I never spec my cars on the high end. I don't care for 200 way power seats or leather cup holders. If I can get the v6 manual in a colour that I like with leather seats (hate alcantara) and the 10 spoke wheels for $110k, I'm Ok with that. Then it will just boil down to fit, finish and reliability. Luckily, I will have at least a year of buyer's before me so I can see how things go.

If ever, the V6 base price is not much higher than a base I4 priced @ 96 400$CAD, let's say +5KCAD more = 101 400$.

V6 FE 119 988$ - 101 400$ = 18 488$ difference left for options ; It seems like a lot because there is not much options for this car like a Porsche.

What are the available options after all : Let's give it a try for fun.

- Higher quality, lighter wheels. ( Not for me : Probably is a 3000$CAD option )
- Painted brakes Calipers. ( Me want : +600$-700$CAD)
- 12 ways adjustable seats instead of 4 ways. ( Me want if priced correctly but not at all cost ; + 1500$CAD )
- Heated seats ( Totally useless ; not for me )
- Lotus branded sill kick plates. ( Me want : +750$CAD )
- Metallic or special paint color instead of solid color. ( Me want ; +2500$ to 5000$CAD) ( Porsche +750$ to 3000$ )
- KEF premium 340W sound system ( Not for me )
- Black Alcantara headliner ( Me want ; +750$CAD )
- Sports pedals ( Me want ; +600$CAD )
- Convenience Pack ( Not for me ; Front parking sensors, Rain sensing wipers, Auto dimming mirrors )
- Rear reversing camera (STD in USA/CAN)
- Interior Alcantara trim option with colored stitching ( Me want ; +3500$CAD ? )

Total options that I want : 11 000$ - 12 000$CAD

Base price : 101 400$ + 12 000$ = 113 400$CAD (+800$ steering wheel colored stitching if available with manual later.)

Correct me if the prices of the options I guesstimate are way off.

Last edited:
My understanding is that there will be a V6 base price also and that the parts are actually cheaper vs the I4. Obviously, that doesn't mean it will be priced less, but it should be at least close.
Well, reading the tea leaves... The I4 is currently spec'd at 360HP while the V6 is at 400HP. There is no rational reason why the V6 will be priced similar or lower than the I4. I know the I4 won't be cheap, since it represents the pinnacle of current 4-cylinder turbo engine design. Lotus is likely counting on the I4 to be a volume mover for the first 2-3 years after its release before slowly cranking up the power and price.

Correct me if the prices of the options I guesstimate are way off.
You don't have to guess this way. It's been revealed that the FE has "about 15k GBP of options at a discount of about 12k GBP". This was talked about at one of the earlier release shows back in July, I believe. You can apply the conversion rates and work backward to get the V6 base price. Of course, things might have changed, but I don't see any indication that it has. And without such indication, it's best to assume that it hasn't changed.

I have to say, lots of weak people here, so fearful of an opposing point of view. Very emotional.

If you are happy with your decision to move forward and buy then why do you care what anyone else posts ? How weak are you that you need to discredit an opposing opinion.
Pot, meet kettle.

I only care about other posts when they make statements that sound like fact, when they are really just an opinion or a blatant lie. No issue with an opinion, but at least state that it is an opinion. And once you've made your point clear a dozen times, maybe time to move on?

And those are my opinions. Oh, and I'm happy with the price of the car, standing on its own or compared with anything.

On another thread on here Tom e has predicted the following.
I4 base 60k
I4 fe 71k
V6 base 66k
V6 fe 76k
Both cars getting 11k worth of extras that will be worth about 14 or 15k so a bit of a discount if you can secure an fe.
He seems very knowledgeable on all things lotus so I would think he is not far away, all though it his still a guess.
All prices GBP.

Thanks. I have no idea who is right or close, but another thread somewhere stated that the I4 FE actually cost more to make than the V6FE, but they would be priced the same with Lotus eating the difference. Who knows for sure until they announce the price!

I’m patiently waiting for fe i4 pricing. really can’t wait to get the car. To me the value will be there. I also have a 4c which had a rough start with cars sitting on lots for years. now they seem to be rising in value. But for me it’s how much enjoyment I get out of my cars. The emira looks to be like it will be another great addition to the collection.

I agree totally the i4 will be an amazing machine and brilliant value in base i4 spec. The base v6 will prove to be great value too. But I want one now.

Was really looking forward to this but I think Lotus just lost my purchase. I was willing to pay more than the C8 corvette to get the more exotic feel of the Emira. However, I can’t justify that much more for a slower car and the fact that if I had any problems with the Lotus I would have to transport it two states away to get to the closest Lotus dealership.
Although dime a dozen, the C8 outperforms and has Chevy dealerships around every corner (7 within 25 miles).
I agree, the price is too high relative to the C8 corvette, also I had seen it on youtube in a head to head race with a Toyota Supra and it was very close, the Toyota is not as good looking but performance wise it is similar and much cheaper.

Well, I hope we don't die before 2023!
My plan was to get the FE for 2022 and keep it for 12 months and resell it august 2023 with a small depreciation to order a 2024 V6 base optioned for my needs / taste and more budget friendly but the freakin Canadian luxury tax for january 2022 is screwing everything. I'm going to loose 4 700$ for that stupid tax alone + a possible small depreciation onto the car's resale value make it now almost impossible to justify. I was ready to loose 5K but not 8K-10K for 12 months ownership.

Last edited:
I agree, the price is too high relative to the C8 corvette, also I had seen it on youtube in a head to head race with a Toyota Supra and it was very close, the Toyota is not as good looking but performance wise it is similar and much cheaper.
Which vehicle did you see in a head to head race?

Hello all! Manager of the Lotus Vancouver dealership here. I see there has been some interesting topics being discussed that merit our input.

Firstly; we are a very small team (nimble you could say) and I can guarantee that whoever HiddenLotus is that he is not under our employ and does not represent Lotus in British Columbia in any capacity. He/She may be employed for another shop, but is not one of our team members.

Secondly; We have been very busy with Emira deposits (100 + to date) and it hasn't slowed down since the price release. To be perfectly transparent, we have refunded 3 clients. Two of the refunds didn't want to wait until 2023 (both before price release) and the 3rd expected the price to be $60k.

For the pricing; it's important to note (apologies if it has already been mentioned in this thread already) that the pricing ranges from the base i4 at $93,393 to the fully loaded First Edition V6 Manual at $119,888. Both prices are + destination fees and there are a handful of cost options. Including Auto gearbox on the V6 and Upper Black Pack. We do not know the cost yet of Freight/PDI but we will do our absolute best to stay under our pesky 20% tax rate.

For the allotments/confirming orders; we will know how many allotments we will receive in January and will begin confirming orders for summer 2022 then. At that time we should know the destination fees and will have a clearer image of whats going on with production numbers, timing, + prices across the board.

I look forward to hearing your comments/questions and if anyone would like to reach directly to me please feel free to reach out to Arthur at [email protected]

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back