• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

Did you call 416-489-4353? I called twice at around noon and it said the number was not in service. Just checked my phone to make sure that I had the number right and I did.

Did you call 416-489-4353? I called twice at around noon and it said the number was not in service. Just checked my phone to make sure that I had the number right and I did.
No, I got 9058470838, it'll show up as lotus oakville on google but they are known as peninsula imports or something, I did have a chat with them early on but took my business to Gentry.

Last edited:
If you Google lotus Oakville you get a website with the number that I called.

haha this is getting intriguing, so much so I just called lotus oakville to check and the number went through... guess they are out of the running, on another note, this is an open forum and in my opinion it's always good to hear the good, the bad and the ugly, you take what you want out of it and usually you learn a thing or two, secondly I think we can all agree that execution on the release of information for the Canadian market has been poor with various dealers quoting a wide variety of ranges on price and specs to the point where this group became the source of truth. Lastly, what was the point of the GM of a dealership all of a sudden dropping in? Would any business owner admit if the deposits were being returned at a high rate, I would think not, so at the end of the day we're all adult enough to go ahead or back out and have a healthy discussion or two in the process. Back to sippin Kamboucha on this fine evening 😎🍺
The least you could do is share some Kombucha with the rest of us... :LOL:

Do you work for a dealer, Carbuilder? Could you shed some light on this cancellations in Canada?
No to the first question and I have no idea what you are after in the second. But if it helps you, this fraudster stated 85% of orders in Vancouver were being cancelled. The GM of that dealership said it is not true. The fraudster also stated something like 50% of UK orders were being cancelled….not true either.

No to the first question and I have no idea what you are after in the second. But if it helps you, this fraudster stated 85% of orders in Vancouver were being cancelled. The GM of that dealership said it is not true. The fraudster also stated something like 50% of UK orders were being cancelled….not true either.
The GM of Vancouver said the demand stay strong. It can be totally true of course but at the same time as a politician for the brand, an ambassador, I would have been surprise to read the opposite coming from him. They dont have other choice publicly to stay behind Lotus USA pricing for the image.

In UK, the Emira FE V6 price is 14% lower than a base Evora while in North America the Emira FE is 4-5% cheaper than a base Evora. There is nothing to be impressed.

I will buy the Emira soon or later because I am a big fan of the brand and the car but I am very disappointed that we havent been able to be priced in Canada at least between the GTS 4.0 base and Cayman GT4 base just like every other place in the world. It is disrespectful.

Last edited:
Anyone hear from their Canadian dealers since the pricing announcement? Next steps, if we'll get to see the car as part of the ongoing roadshows, pricing out the door, etc etc???

To begin. I have only posted my opinions on here and what I have observed with my strong opinions on this car. It’s a forum and it should be for discussion. And I’ve brought up my very strong points against this car. So let me leave my final thoughts.

1. I saw people freaking out about the price release date in Canada so I told them the date. Once the wrong prices were released, I spread the word on the correct prices. It came from my annoyance at people being starved for information. Wonder how I knew this though?
  2. At no point in my post history did I claim to work for Lotus Vancouver. Look through my history. This was assumed based off my putting my home town as my location here and some how my less than 1 week account has found it’s way to the GM of lotus Vancouver. At no post did I actually mention who I worked for. My post history is public. Yet this GM of Vancouver is here to discredit a claim never made.
  3. Clearly my comments have hit hard enough that the general manager for a lotus dealership has come onto this forum. If someone was delivering harsh opinions on a new porsche/BMW/Mercedes release would this happen? I mean did anyone look at bimmerpost when the new M3 was released? Let alone this GM claiming I must be from a competing dealership? People said the M3 sales would flop, it did. People said it was ugly, it was. But no general manager came in.
  4. ALL buyers of the first edition Emira will be getting this car before a single independent reviewer gets their hands on it. From a company without a proven track record of quality or support. Even the tour cars are not representative of the final product and now we’re hearing paint samples were inaccurate on other forums. They can’t provide one accurate tour car but will build 1500 flawless cars. They messed up a small circular paint job and sent it around the world and messed up the pricing email for Canada. Sounds like a safe place to park 6 figures.
  5. As an aside the GM claims people are happy about the price but yet people are upset on the forums. Guess no one on here put deposits down. If there are so many happy people with money down, why come on a forum to put out a fire? Going as far as liking a post suggesting I must work for Porsche.
  6. People have been starved for information for months and after an apparently amazing pricing release we are now hearing from a dealership saying the car isn’t a bust and demand is strong. Or are you trying to save deposits? Where have you been? What’s the price of the base V6, why are people being asked to put down their hard earned cash with so little information. Or are we going to wait till deposits are non refundable?

Let this situation right here speak for itself.. This will be my last post here. I have given my thoughts and opinions. Spend your money how you will.

Food for thought: I have had 20 posts on this forum till now. All of these posts revolve around comparing the car to other cars, and my issue with the pricing. Two posts mention dropping deposits, why give importance to something not true to the point of getting a general manager of a lotus dealership to post his contact information directly on the forums to help settle emotions? Maybe there’s meat to what I’ve said on here. You know you’re getting too close when they start reacting.

Bye and good luck to all you first edition buyers.
Good luck to you mate.
To begin. I have only posted my opinions on here and what I have observed with my strong opinions on this car. It’s a forum and it should be for discussion. And I’ve brought up my very strong points against this car. So let me leave my final thoughts.

1. I saw people freaking out about the price release date in Canada so I told them the date. Once the wrong prices were released, I spread the word on the correct prices. It came from my annoyance at people being starved for information. Wonder how I knew this though?
  2. At no point in my post history did I claim to work for Lotus Vancouver. Look through my history. This was assumed based off my putting my home town as my location here and some how my less than 1 week account has found it’s way to the GM of lotus Vancouver. At no post did I actually mention who I worked for. My post history is public. Yet this GM of Vancouver is here to discredit a claim never made.
  3. Clearly my comments have hit hard enough that the general manager for a lotus dealership has come onto this forum. If someone was delivering harsh opinions on a new porsche/BMW/Mercedes release would this happen? I mean did anyone look at bimmerpost when the new M3 was released? Let alone this GM claiming I must be from a competing dealership? People said the M3 sales would flop, it did. People said it was ugly, it was. But no general manager came in.
  4. ALL buyers of the first edition Emira will be getting this car before a single independent reviewer gets their hands on it. From a company without a proven track record of quality or support. Even the tour cars are not representative of the final product and now we’re hearing paint samples were inaccurate on other forums. They can’t provide one accurate tour car but will build 1500 flawless cars. They messed up a small circular paint job and sent it around the world and messed up the pricing email for Canada. Sounds like a safe place to park 6 figures.
  5. As an aside the GM claims people are happy about the price but yet people are upset on the forums. Guess no one on here put deposits down. If there are so many happy people with money down, why come on a forum to put out a fire? Going as far as liking a post suggesting I must work for Porsche.
  6. People have been starved for information for months and after an apparently amazing pricing release we are now hearing from a dealership saying the car isn’t a bust and demand is strong. Or are you trying to save deposits? Where have you been? What’s the price of the base V6, why are people being asked to put down their hard earned cash with so little information. Or are we going to wait till deposits are non refundable?

Let this situation right here speak for itself.. This will be my last post here. I have given my thoughts and opinions. Spend your money how you will.

Food for thought: I have had 20 posts on this forum till now. All of these posts revolve around comparing the car to other cars, and my issue with the pricing. Two posts mention dropping deposits, why give importance to something not true to the point of getting a general manager of a lotus dealership to post his contact information directly on the forums to help settle emotions? Maybe there’s meat to what I’ve said on here. You know you’re getting too close when they start reacting.

Bye and good luck to all you first edition buyers.
Mate good bye and good luck to you. No need for the utter gibberish you’re pushing done peoples throats. Or putting their pride & purchase of a new car. You’re negativity is genuinely not welcome.

Your opinion was till you started trashing all aspects. Your opinion is like an A hole 🕳 and everybody has one. Good luck 🤞 to the next forum you decide to advise your unwelcome opinion.

• Winner
Reactions: Den
I am “after” trying to figure out if these so-called cancellations did occur, and if they did, to what degree.

You seem to have insider info, hence the question.

I have to say, lots of weak people here, so fearful of an opposing point of view. Very emotional.

On the lotustalk forum a poll was taken of those with deposits and around 35% cancelled their orders after pricing was announced in USA. Remember those are fans who lurk on these forums, and does not include cancellations of all the others who are not active on these forums.

Even if only 20% cancelled, that's probably 18% more than any who cancelled their C8 deposit. C8 had a minuscule 2% cancel rate.

What with all the butt hurt ?

If you are happy with your decision to move forward and buy then why do you care what anyone else posts ? How weak are you that you need to discredit an opposing opinion.

Lotus attracts a lot of wackos.

I wouldn't say weak people, and everyone has a point of view which I will listen & either agree or not.
The problem with HiddenLotus was the false representation of working at Vancouver Lotus, which seems to be a untrue as confirmed by kai@lotusvancouver on thread https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/sorry-can’t-continue-purchase.328/page-3
This was totally deceitful in an attempt to put people off buying the Emira!

That is the exact definition of weak. Who cares what he posts. Ignore it. Who cares.

IF the EMIRA checks off all the boxes for you and makes you happy, then why would you even care what he posts.

Are you buying the car for yourself ? or are you buying it because others are also buying it and you want to fit in and have mutual back patting amongst other owners ? are you buying the Emira because others here told you that you made a great decision ?

And if others were cancelling their orders, why should that affect you ?

HiddenLotus comments should never affect you...... unless you are weak.

That is the exact definition of weak. Who cares what he posts. Ignore it. Who cares.

IF the EMIRA checks off all the boxes for you and makes you happy, then why would you even care what he posts.

Are you buying the car for yourself ? or are you buying it because others are also buying it and you want to fit in and have mutual back patting amongst other owners ? are you buying the Emira because others here told you that you made a great decision ?

And if others were cancelling their orders, why should that affect you ?

HiddenLotus comments should never affect you...... unless you are weak.
Who said they affected me????

Who said they affected me????

you said in a previous post you were wobbly reading all the negativity

"I must admit, I had a bit of a wobble when I read some of these posts, then the positives came through" YOUR POST

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back