• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

So how many Canadian are still getting one ?
I am. While I was hopeful that the Canadian pricing would come in at a similarly priced Cayman GTS - it really was only "hope". I've never owned a Lotus but as a "car guy" was well aware of their reputation for being incredible handling cars and have watched many reviews of the Evora - Harry's Garage, Jay Leno etc. - that confirmed this. Locally the Evora price just seemed too high as you could by some lightly used true exotics close to that money - and the looks of the Evora didn't strike me, personally, enough to justify owning one. That has changed with the Emira. The FE pricing is less than you can buy and Evora - and the looks are now in another league. I have faith that it will handle at least as well as the Evora and that is all I need. I think that any car manufacturer that triples its sales - and still only produces 4500 cars annually - cannot begin to compete on price with the likes of Porsche. Even as a car guy I have a hard time identifying the years and models of the thousands of Porsche Caymans and 911's apart - so, for me, ordering a Cayman GTS (the other car I was considering before the Emira) seems like making a compromise compared to the Emira. I don't mind being different and I will get over paying what every states as $10k too much and get the only car that has captured my imagination (that I can afford) since I was a kid. I hope to own it forever and either give it to my children or they can bury me in it. If it is truly the last gasp of ICE cars this is my best shot at getting that aspirational car all car guys dream of. I can't wait.

Am I the only one who thinks the fact the lower black pack does not include the black exhaust tips is a bummer?

I thought it was part of lower black pack

Am I the only one who thinks the fact the lower black pack does not include the black exhaust tips is a bummer?
Yup, I will probably be buying them separately, but would prefer if they were a no cost option!!!!

I thought it was part of lower black pack
The configurator shows the black tips when black pack is applied, but the PDF shared by NoFear99 says the upper black pack (roof and mirrors) includes black rear lotus badge and black exhaust tips...

Have a look (page 9): https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/usa-canada-pricing.255/page-12#post-4307

To be fair though, they don't really say what's the color if you don't have the upper black pack. But the content of the lower black pack does not mention the color of the rear badge and exhaust tips

If you have only Lower Black Pack then the exhaust tips are titanium-coloured and the rear LOTUS lettering is silvered. The door mirrors are also half black/half body-coloured.

It will be possible to buy the black-coloured tips and letters as individual parts afterwards. Or get them coloured yourself. The other parts of Black Pack can be done with vinyl or black PPF. So the whole Black Pack or individual parts of it can be done post-delivery.

If you have only Lower Black Pack then the exhaust tips are titanium-coloured and the rear LOTUS lettering is silvered. The door mirrors are also half black/half body-coloured.

It will be possible to buy the black-coloured tips and letters as individual parts afterwards. Or get them coloured yourself. The other parts of Black Pack can be done with vinyl or black PPF. So the whole Black Pack or individual parts of it can be done post-delivery.
Great info Tom. If I go red, I think I will mimic the black pack on top with vinyl because I want titanium tips and chrome lettering to match my silver ultra lightweight v spoke wheels. If I go white (waiting for it of course) then I will likely just go black pack from lotus. So many choices. Fun.

I'm sorry, I sell lotus cars....

Almost all the deposits I've made with customers have been refunded today. The UK saw 50% of deposits refunded. I'm at 85% this evening.
So where do you really work? If you've taken orders for the Emira then it has to be a Lotus dealership and there is only one that I'm aware of in Vancouver. Going to answer or run and hide?

So where do you really work? If you've taken orders for the Emira then it has to be a Lotus dealership and there is only one that I'm aware of in Vancouver. Going to answer or run and hide?

If you bothered to do just a tiny bit of homework to look at his/her previous posted texts, you would easily see that it was already disclosed the LOTUS dealership they work at...... DUH... not too hard to go back and find it ....Gentry Lane LOTUS.....

YOU seem to be very angry and emotional about this.

"Going to answer or run and hide ?" really ?? you are not that articulate obviously.

My mistake then. I didn't realize they moved Gentry Lane from Toronto to Vancouver.

Does anyone have a guess for first edition i4 pricing or can we anticipate around 110000-115000

How many deposits do you have left?

I am. While I was hopeful that the Canadian pricing would come in at a similarly priced Cayman GTS - it really was only "hope". I've never owned a Lotus but as a "car guy" was well aware of their reputation for being incredible handling cars and have watched many reviews of the Evora - Harry's Garage, Jay Leno etc. - that confirmed this. Locally the Evora price just seemed too high as you could by some lightly used true exotics close to that money - and the looks of the Evora didn't strike me, personally, enough to justify owning one. That has changed with the Emira. The FE pricing is less than you can buy and Evora - and the looks are now in another league. I have faith that it will handle at least as well as the Evora and that is all I need. I think that any car manufacturer that triples its sales - and still only produces 4500 cars annually - cannot begin to compete on price with the likes of Porsche. Even as a car guy I have a hard time identifying the years and models of the thousands of Porsche Caymans and 911's apart - so, for me, ordering a Cayman GTS (the other car I was considering before the Emira) seems like making a compromise compared to the Emira. I don't mind being different and I will get over paying what every states as $10k too much and get the only car that has captured my imagination (that I can afford) since I was a kid. I hope to own it forever and either give it to my children or they can bury me in it. If it is truly the last gasp of ICE cars this is my best shot at getting that aspirational car all car guys dream of. I can't wait.

Wonderful post. These are a lot of the same reasons I am getting the car. I feel the same way about Porsche. Obviously awesome cars but I never know what I am looking at when I see one.

No I didn't, since he doesn't work there.

I seem to be the only one that cares that someone may be misrepresenting himself here and giving out information that is simply not true.

To begin. I have only posted my opinions on here and what I have observed with my strong opinions on this car. It’s a forum and it should be for discussion. And I’ve brought up my very strong points against this car. So let me leave my final thoughts.

1. I saw people freaking out about the price release date in Canada so I told them the date. Once the wrong prices were released, I spread the word on the correct prices. It came from my annoyance at people being starved for information. Wonder how I knew this though?
  2. At no point in my post history did I claim to work for Lotus Vancouver. Look through my history. This was assumed based off my putting my home town as my location here and some how my less than 1 week account has found it’s way to the GM of lotus Vancouver. At no post did I actually mention who I worked for. My post history is public. Yet this GM of Vancouver is here to discredit a claim never made.
  3. Clearly my comments have hit hard enough that the general manager for a lotus dealership has come onto this forum. If someone was delivering harsh opinions on a new porsche/BMW/Mercedes release would this happen? I mean did anyone look at bimmerpost when the new M3 was released? Let alone this GM claiming I must be from a competing dealership? People said the M3 sales would flop, it did. People said it was ugly, it was. But no general manager came in.
  4. ALL buyers of the first edition Emira will be getting this car before a single independent reviewer gets their hands on it. From a company without a proven track record of quality or support. Even the tour cars are not representative of the final product and now we’re hearing paint samples were inaccurate on other forums. They can’t provide one accurate tour car but will build 1500 flawless cars. They messed up a small circular paint job and sent it around the world and messed up the pricing email for Canada. Sounds like a safe place to park 6 figures.
  5. As an aside the GM claims people are happy about the price but yet people are upset on the forums. Guess no one on here put deposits down. If there are so many happy people with money down, why come on a forum to put out a fire? Going as far as liking a post suggesting I must work for Porsche.
  6. People have been starved for information for months and after an apparently amazing pricing release we are now hearing from a dealership saying the car isn’t a bust and demand is strong. Or are you trying to save deposits? Where have you been? What’s the price of the base V6, why are people being asked to put down their hard earned cash with so little information. Or are we going to wait till deposits are non refundable?

Let this situation right here speak for itself.. This will be my last post here. I have given my thoughts and opinions. Spend your money how you will.

Food for thought: I have had 20 posts on this forum till now. All of these posts revolve around comparing the car to other cars, and my issue with the pricing. Two posts mention dropping deposits, why give importance to something not true to the point of getting a general manager of a lotus dealership to post his contact information directly on the forums to help settle emotions? Maybe there’s meat to what I’ve said on here. You know you’re getting too close when they start reacting.

Bye and good luck to all you first edition buyers.

Even though you are apparently not monitoring this forum any more (kicked off it maybe?) you did state how many orders were being cancelled due to the pricing which was completely false. So you can try and weasel out of what you said, but you were blatantly lying several times. And you sucked in a lot of people who should now feel very foolish.

Even though you are apparently not monitoring this forum any more (kicked off it maybe?) you did state how many orders were being cancelled due to the pricing which was completely false. So you can try and weasel out of what you said, but you were blatantly lying several times. And you sucked in a lot of people who should now feel very foolish.
Do you work for a dealer, Carbuilder? Could you shed some light on this cancellations in Canada?

The definition of gaslighting…or he works for Lotus Oakville. Interesting, I tried calling them at the number on their website last week and it is no longer in service.

Last edited:
The definition of gaslighting…or he works for Lotus Oakville. Interesting, I tried calling them at the number on their website last week and it is no longer in service.
haha this is getting intriguing, so much so I just called lotus oakville to check and the number went through... guess they are out of the running, on another note, this is an open forum and in my opinion it's always good to hear the good, the bad and the ugly, you take what you want out of it and usually you learn a thing or two, secondly I think we can all agree that execution on the release of information for the Canadian market has been poor with various dealers quoting a wide variety of ranges on price and specs to the point where this group became the source of truth. Lastly, what was the point of the GM of a dealership all of a sudden dropping in? Would any business owner admit if the deposits were being returned at a high rate, I would think not, so at the end of the day we're all adult enough to go ahead or back out and have a healthy discussion or two in the process. Back to sippin Kamboucha on this fine evening 😎🍺

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back