• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

Precisely. This gave it away for me.

Vancouver is the biggest supercar market in North America per capita, due almost entirely to Chinese buyers.

The Emira had been priced for them. The rest of Canada is an afterthought.

Yea, any car price in Canada is a bargain compared to what a similar car costs in China.

I don’t think the lower pricing was unrealistic. In fact, it’s so realistic that it was priced that way in almost every other country in the world.

What’s unrealistic is thinking this car is worth more than 110k Canadian, before taxes and fees. Any knowledge of the Canadian car market and you’d know that not be the case.
Well, my knowledge of the Canadian car market told me there was no way it was going to be much under $120k. A similarity equipped Cayman GT4 is $6k more. Yes the Lotus is an unknown but it’s not like they’ve never made a car before.

So you are basically stating that your knowledge of the Canadian car market is superior to Lotus’s. Interesting.

Well, my knowledge of the Canadian car market told me there was no way it was going to be much under $120k. A similarity equipped Cayman GT4 is $6k more. Yes the Lotus is an unknown but it’s not like they’ve never made a car before.

So you are basically stating that your knowledge of the Canadian car market is superior to Lotus’s. Interesting.
From what little i knew of the car and going simply by the positioning in other parts of the world, I expected $115k. $120k isn’t a deal breaker for me, but I’ll reserve judgement on whether I buy or not until after I see it in the flesh. I’m buying primarily on looks and it needs to have high-end fit and finish for me to remain interested at $120k plus.

Last edited:

93 900$US + 27.5% = 119 722$
Official Canadian Emira price = 119 888$

Evora gt base price 98 000$US
Evora gt base price 125-129K$CAD (+28-30%)

Lotus want to be into the major league with the Emira and triple their sales number so you need to play like the other players and stop acting like a niche company.

Jaguar is also a small british automaker.
2022 F-Type 70KUSD = 85 500$ CAD
If the Emira could respect that proportion:
Emira FE V6 93.9K USD = 114 690$ CAD ( +22%)

C8 62K USD = 72K CAD ( +16% )

M2 CS 85K USD = 98K CAD ( +15% )

M4 Competition 75K USD = 88K CAD (+17%)

Cayman GT4 101.2K USD = 116K CAD ( +15%)

Font Screenshot Number Circle Terrestrial plant

Do you see the mistake in that picture that dont follow the rule ?

The Emira FE should never had been priced higher then 115 000$. The picture is clear as water.

Last edited:
The Emira FE should never had been priced higher then 115 000$. The picture is clear as water.
Yes, you’ve posted this info several times already. Another one who knows more about the Canadian car market than Lotus.

Yes, you’ve posted this info several times already. Another one who knows more about the Canadian car market than Lotus.

lets see how cocky and smart you are two years from now when these EMIRA are sitting on dealer lots unsold , even with discounts, just like the EVORA's. Once the " have to have, regardless of price" first adopters get theirs, lets see how these EMIRA sell.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so butt hurt? You don't like the price? Plenty of other good options. Griping about a few thousand? Probably not the right car for you. It's already priced lower than Evora yet loaded with more options and better interior. That's better value.

I'm sorry, I sell lotus cars. The know NOTHING about the Canadian market. This is a lightly spec'd GTS which is the main competitor for the V6 with premium package at 105k Canadian, some pain and a manual at 105K Canadian. Attached with a PDK GT4 at 122k Canadian.

This idea that lotus knows Canada is non sense, they couldn't sell the Evora GT here. The Cayman redesign will hit showrooms in 2023 when the base model V6 and FE i4 will be out. And they will be at similar prices. Same with the Z06.

Almost all the deposits I've made with customers have been refunded today. The UK saw 50% of deposits refunded. I'm at 85% this evening.

The cayman GTS will also avoid the majority of the luxury tax where it's at.

In every other market, lotus has accounted for the two cars below and then assumed Canadian's will ignore these?

What a joke

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 9.17.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 9.17.42 PM.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 8.26.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 8.26.37 PM.png
    225.4 KB · Views: 57
lets see how cocky and smart you are two years from now when these EMIRA are sitting on dealer lots unsold , even with discounts, just like the EVORA's. Once the " have to have, regardless of price" first adopters get theirs, lets see how these EIRA sell.
You criticize me because others are posting what Lotus should be doing. I’m just pointing out that maybe Lotus knows more about this stuff than we do. You really think people on a forum know more? Generally when a large corporation makes a decision that doesn’t seem to make sense it’s because they have facts that the rest of us don’t.

Check back with me in 2 years and we’ll see.

Almost all the deposits I've made with customers have been refunded today. The UK saw 50% of deposits refunded. I'm at 85% this evening.
HiddenLotus is a Lotus dealer sales person. If these figures don't indicate that LOTUS mis-priced the EMIRA, I don't know what else to say.

What other car company do you know has such a high cancellation rate of people with substantial deposits for a new car ?

HiddenLotus is a Lotus dealer sales person. If these figures don't indicate that LOTUS mis-priced the EMIRA, I don't know what else to say.

What other car company do you know has such a high cancellation rate of people with substantial deposits for a new car
Then he doesn’t know his stuff. 2 dealers in Ontario gave out very realistic price estimates. Why didn’t he know what they did to not lead potential customers astray?

Enough. You don’t like the price then ask Lotus what their logic is. I expected the price and I’m happy with it. Others apparently are too. If you expected something much lower, well, complain to Lotus if you want to possibly do some good. I know people take pleasure in sharing their displeasure, but I seriously doubt Lotus monitors a forum like this. Any major corporation I’ve worked for has been far too busy to surf the net to see how they should be doing business.

Not sure why I’m the bad guy here. Somebody has to be I suppose.

I was curious about something and I couldn't find it in the thread. Is the price too high or should it just be lower than the GT4 Canada? I am not being funny at all, I am just wondering if it's the actual price or its relationship to the GT4 that is off.

If the GT4 was $127,000 would the Emira be ok then priced at $119?

If the GT4 was $127,000 would the Emira be ok then priced at $119?

It's more about comparables. Certain cars get compared to each other (C63 vs M3 vs RS5). Generally each one offers something unique but are close in price.

The GTS is what lotus said the Emira would be competing against ($95k CAD). Like it or not the vast majority of people who made deposits did so based off the way the car was marketed. Everything talked about is as a Cayman S/GTS competitor. At this point the 4 cylinder is a joke.

The shock is the fact that it comes in at the price of a known track weapon that is a Cayman GT4. This is the top of the line from porsche as far as that segment goes.

My frustration comes from both my customers but from me also witnessing the same thing happening again in Canada.
When the Evora S came out, it was a 911 competitor and a C8 competitor.

See this old top gear article: https://www.topgear.com/car-news/lotus-evora-vs-porsche-911
https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/reviews/a6737/2011-lotus-evora-s-test-drive/

They brought it with a price higher than the 911 and the C8 corvette. People bought the early models on hype. Then quality issues came, then dealership network issues came, then people starting dragging lotus through the mud.

A full decade later, I'm still in the business witnessing de ja vu. With the same engine and basically a redone Evora. You would think over a decade later with the same engine the car would be cheaper.

This comment is 10 years old about the Evora S.

"If we were plunking down nearly a hundred grand for a car this exotic, we'd expect more from the drivetrain. Don't get us wrong: We love Toyota's confidence-inspiring reliability."

Nobody except a forumla 1 driver paid by lotus has reviewed that car. Wait till journalist get their hands on it. A decade of automotive progress and you're still doing the same thing. Wait till every review you read mentions the cayman in it and how a toyota engine from 2005 is still in the Emira

If they think they’re going to sell 5x the amount of cars at this price in Canada, then yes, I know more about the Canadian car market than Lotus.

As @HiddenLotus explained already, Lotus didn’t know what they were doing with Evora pricing in Canada, either.

I was curious about something and I couldn't find it in the thread. Is the price too high or should it just be lower than the GT4 Canada? I am not being funny at all, I am just wondering if it's the actual price or its relationship to the GT4 that is off.
Both, considering it’s nowhere near a competitor for the GT4.

Hell, an M2 competition is faster at 2/3 the price.

The UK saw 50% of deposits refunded.
That’s not correct. Lotus plans were based on a conversion rate for deposits of 60-70% and it’s been at the upper end of that so far.

Since the start of the UK dealer roadshows and Lotus outbound calling to deposit holders there have been about 25 cancellations per day. But there have been 50 new deposits per day to offset that.

Enough. You don’t like the price then ask Lotus what their logic is. I expected the price and I’m happy with it. Others apparently are too. If you expected something much lower, well, complain to Lotus if you want to possibly do some good. I know people take pleasure in sharing their displeasure, but I seriously doubt Lotus monitors a forum like this. Any major corporation I’ve worked for has been far too busy to surf the net to see how they should be doing business.

Not sure why I’m the bad guy here. Somebody has to be I suppose.

Interesting yet bizarre how you are so authoritarian in saying "enough". Comical. As far as LOTUS monitoring this site, and the two other LOTUS discussion sites you are so WRONG. I posted something on LotusTalk and LOTUS corporate answered on the site within a few mins. They also respond to owners and depositors on twitter.

In summary, we all want to see LOTUS succeed. Dealer employee's like HiddenLotus, me, and I am sure everyone else. If HiddenLotus was selling tons of these EMIRA, he would keep his mouth shut. BUT, HiddenLotus is only admitting what many long term lotus dealers have experienced already. EVORA's sitting on lots overpriced and not selling.

Those who are going thru with their EMIRA purchase should be happy that they are getting what they want. We wish them the best.

BUT, it's not sour grapes for those who put a large deposit and canceled. They have the right to go to Porsche or Corvette.

Just that many of us who have been LOTUS fans since the 1990's, this EMIRA launch is like watching anther stereotypical LOTUS fiasco.

EMIRA is the new EVORA. At this price point, after the hyper excited "have to have an EMIRA no matter what price" buyers get theirs, this EMIRA will sit on dealer lots within 2 years. Every other brand is completive and evolving. EMIRA will get eaten alive at the price point LOTUS is asking.

trust me, unlike the C8 and Porsche, no one is going to pay $10k over sticker ( currently due to chip shortages) to get one of these EMIRA.

The Toyota Supra is another fiasco. Beautiful car like EMIRA, but no one is paying a penny over sticker . And Toyota can't move them off the lot. Big pop in sales initially then the bottom fell out, ......and then there is the NSX also.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back