• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

With VAT removed, the GBP price of the Emira V6 FE is 61500 pounds. This converts to 105k Canadian roughly. Like I said earlier, this is a 105-110k car with auto being 110k.

Even looking at how it has been priced between the GTS and GT4 globally (95k CAD to 116k CAD). This was in our initially discussion with the reps and the discussion I had with customers. Even at 105K we felt this car was a bit much but it was reasonable
Then out of nowhere we get delays on pricing then this insulting price comes out at a price higher than a PDK Cayman GT4 (excuse me what??). Again I don't think they expect to sell much of these in Canada and its obviously an after thought market. To answer your question, the 888 is to target Chinese customers with large disposable incomes that will be here in Vancouver. I've seen this too much lol.

The cars in Canada will be American cars shipped over here but sold through Lotus USA.

We don't have a Lotus Canada. Remember this when you need parts for this car. I will say this, do not buy this car in Canada, you are an after thought

no info on the base V6 (which makes sens if they don't wan't to compromise FE sales), but I'll still be waiting I think

Actually does NOT make sense , to me.... this entire hidden waiting pricing is a scam.

Actually does NOT make sense , to me.... this entire hidden waiting pricing is a scam.
you can call it scam as long as you want, nobody is forcing you to buy anything... I don't really understand this attitude, that's marketing, maybe done wrong, you be the judge, but calling it scam is laughable IMO.

What means '' black alcantara headliner '' ?

Does that mean the interior roof is in alcantara instead of some sort of clothe tissu ?

Right. Alcantara type headliner is usually a +cost option in most cars. It does look very nice as Alcantara is non-reflective, so it just fades away. It does make the interior darker, however.

you can call it scam as long as you want, nobody is forcing you to buy anything... I don't really understand this attitude, that's marketing, maybe done wrong, you be the judge, but calling it scam is laughable IMO.
OK, then I will use better verbiage,..... its a "bait and switch" slimy tactic.

I would never tell anyone how to spend their money. I just want everyone on this forum to get one so we can continue talking about this car and sharing even more once cars are delivered. Most of us are monitoring Canada and every else for that matter and I hate that it's not coming in correct. This purchase is just so passionate and subjective. I like the GT4 and the C8 but I wouldn't buy one even if it was 20K less than the Emira. Some people want value, some are looking for speed, I just like the look of the car. The performance is good enough. Good enough for spirited driving and good enough to have great fun on the track. To me, Lotus is being very cocky about this car so I am hoping there is something really special to the handling.

My advice is not to cancel your deposit until you have seen the car in person if you don't want to wait until 2023 or 2024. That's the leverage that Lotus has. Buy now, or potential wait years before you can get one. If they can keep their production line full for years to come that will allow them to get a return on their investment and hopefully make a profit. I agree with @HiddenLotus on every post. If I could fly to Lotus and protest on his behalf I would.

Can someone please explain something to me about this pricing? They are releasing FE V6 and Base I4 pricing. Will there be a FE I4 and Base V6 and why aren't they giving those prices or am I missing something???

Can someone please explain something to me about this pricing? They are releasing FE V6 and Base I4 pricing. Will there be a FE I4 and Base V6 and why aren't they giving those prices or am I missing something???

It's perfectly logical. They have to release the FE V6 pricing because, well, that's what they are trying to sell at the start. However, since FE V6 includes a ton of options, the price is higher than what the base Emira would cost. So, to avoid complaints about how an Emira costs as much as a GT4, they also released the I4 base price as an "as low as" price.

As you can tell, that strategy has worked wonders.

As for why other prices have not been released, they are releasing the minimum amount of info needed.

OK, then I will use better verbiage,..... its a "bait and switch" slimy tactic.

I disagree with bait and switch too. These cars aren't commodities. What they are worth is irrelevant. Lotus and every other company that is selling a non commodity will try and sell based on the value to the customer. Whatever the customer will pay is what they will charge. It's a good strategy for Lotus or any other company. This is the whole reason the iPhone 10 price drops a ton as soon as the iPhone 11 hits. The value has changed, some product, lower value.

It's perfectly logical. They have to release the FE V6 pricing because, well, that's what they are trying to sell at the start. However, since FE V6 includes a ton of options, the price is higher than what the base Emira would cost. So, to avoid complaints about how an Emira costs as much as a GT4, they also released the I4 base price as an "as low as" price.

As you can tell, that strategy has worked wonders.

As for why other prices have not been released, they are releasing the minimum amount of info needed.

So the FE V6 is the most expensive in the line up, and the Base I4 will be the least expensive in the lineup. Correct?

So the FE V6 is the most expensive in the line up, and the Base I4 will be the least expensive in the lineup. Correct?

Well, for now. Theoretically, once they open the order books up, a fully loaded V6 Emira with every box ticked will have an even higher MSRP than the FE V6.

It's been theorized that the base V6 will be 3-4K USD higher than the base I4, making it about $79k USD. If we extrapolate that same equation, a FE I4 may be $90K USD. Not included in the price is the destination, which is $2200 USD.

The cars in Canada will be American cars shipped over here but sold through Lotus USA.

We don't have a Lotus Canada. Remember this when you need parts for this car. I will say this, do not buy this car in Canada, you are an after thought

Years ago, my salesperson was saying Lotus was looking at opening up Lotus Canada to help alleviate problems such as this and even now with big financial backing, it still has not happened. I guess I'm not that surprised, but potential new buyers to the Lotus brand need to understand this.

Of all the car forums I've been on over the years, I have never seen (well, read) so much whining and complaining. You don't like the price, fine, don't buy the car and move on.

Oh, but I can buy this one for less and this one is far better. Then go and buy that one. Whining about the price on a forum is not going to accomplish anything. A Cayman GT4 is a better buy............then buy it!!

If you think you know more about how to price the car in the Canadian market than Lotus does then apply for a job in their marketing department and help them grow their business.

And @HiddenLotus, if you worked at a dealership I owned you would be out of a job instantly. You don't discourage sales at a company you work for. You don't like their strategy, quit. But telling us 6 times over not to buy the car is really stupid.

I suppose it is my issue that I expect car forums to be about cars, not 90% social media to give opinions that add nothing to the information about the car.

OK kids, you can go back to your important issues now.

Rick

Of all the car forums I've been on over the years, I have never seen (well, read) so much whining and complaining. You don't like the price, fine, don't buy the car and move on.

Oh, but I can buy this one for less and this one is far better. Then go and buy that one. Whining about the price on a forum is not going to accomplish anything. A Cayman GT4 is a better buy............then buy it!!

If you think you know more about how to price the car in the Canadian market than Lotus does then apply for a job in their marketing department and help them grow their business.

And @HiddenLotus, if you worked at a dealership I owned you would be out of a job instantly. You don't discourage sales at a company you work for. You don't like their strategy, quit. But telling us 6 times over not to buy the car is really stupid.

I suppose it is my issue that I expect car forums to be about cars, not 90% social media to give opinions that add nothing to the information about the car.

Rick

I agree with this but to me this is why we are enthusiasts. I said it once, and I will say it again. Lotus is very pleased with this forum. The last thing you want to do is create a product that no one cares about. Due to the nature of this car and all the threats that ICE is going away, people may think the dance is ending and they want to waltz. I think people really want this car, I know I do.

I'm not going to say it is solely coming from new members to the Lotus brand, but I have noticed quite a few posts on all the Lotus forums from that target group bringing up the price point. I believe part of it is still stemming from the fact that early on Lotus was heavily marketing the lowest price (I4 Base) in the UK and the US/CAN crowd seemed to have gravitated towards that price point (Even if they wanted a V6).

Personally, the V6 FE may be a tad high if you don't want all of the options it comes with, but that is where the V6 Base will come in. I will be leaving my deposit with my dealer in order to secure an allocation for the performance version of the V6, as my other option will be a GT4 and the comparison will need to be apples to apples in order for me to make an informed decision. If no performance version of the V6 is released, I will be happy to spec a V6 Base over even my other option of a GT4 because nothing I have driven can compare to a Lotus!

Rick
I agree with your sentiment to some extent. The issue is that the amount of information available for the car itself has thinned out to a trickle since launch. The last big info drop happened in late September and now the crowd is hungry again. This is why so much focus is on this release of Canadian pricing.

Just wait till V6 FE holders just know how badly they will get bent over after making a non-refundable deposit.

Rick
Oh please, I give my honest opinions to my customers, fortunately I don't work where I am expected to be a puppet.

The Emira is not the only car we sell. In the luxury car business, its about keeping your clients happy. The same customers come back year over year. They trade in their old cars and pick up new ones. We aren't a toyota dealership trying to get maximum volume.

These cars will sell to the die hard lotus fans, but people new to the brand are going to be upset enough to not come back to the dealership. 80% of the people who left their cash as a deposit with me have backed out, there is a reason for this, and it important that it is said.

We were giving out 20k incentives on the Evora at the end of its life in what was a failure in Canada, Lotus clearly didn't know how to price that car for this market. Now they want to fo 5x that volume?

See a brand new Evora still sitting on a lot after over a year. Find me a C8 or new cayman GTS on a lot in Canada at anywhere near MSRP. I was around when the Evora GT released at a dumb price in Canada and we made the same comments.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/lotus/e...81/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=ppl&sprx=-1

The vast majority of people with their money on this car are not on forums, and they are not happy. They set an expectation with their announcement at 60k pounds. Look at all the media. This hype would've been dead day 1 if they came out with their real pricing. Instead they have people on the hook for up to 4 months

Rick

All true..... except many people put deposits due to the low teaser pricing whispers from LOTUS, and now that official pricing is much higher, many have sour grapes. This explains the negativity.

Don't tease with verbal pricing, ask for $2500USD deposit, and then only after receiving a high volume of deposits release higher pricing that does not reflect what was initially represented.

Just wait till V6 FE holders just know how badly they will get bent over after making a non-refundable deposit.

Oh please, I give my honest opinions to my customers, fortunately I don't work where I am expected to be a puppet.

The Emira is not the only car we sell. In the luxury car business, its about keeping your clients happy. The same customers come back year over year. They trade in their old cars and pick up new ones. We aren't a toyota dealership trying to get maximum volume.

These cars will sell to the die hard lotus fans, but people new to the brand are going to be upset enough to not come back to the dealership. 80% of the people who left their cash as a deposit with me have backed out, there is a reason for this, and it important that it is said.

We were giving out 20k incentives on the Evora at the end of its life in what was a failure in Canada, Lotus clearly didn't know how to price that car for this market. Now they want to fo 5x that volume?

See a brand new Evora still sitting on a lot after over a year. Find me a C8 or new cayman GTS on a lot in Canada at anywhere near MSRP. I was around when the Evora GT released at a dumb price in Canada and we made the same comments.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/lotus/e...81/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=ppl&sprx=-1

The vast majority of people with their money on this car are not on forums, and they are not happy. They set an expectation with their announcement at 60k pounds. Look at all the media. This hype would've been dead day 1 if they came out with their real pricing. Instead they have people on the hook for up to 4 months

Lol 7 years to sell.
When you price a car at a certain level, the car has to sell itself, it is no longer in the hands of the salesmen.

Nobody walks into a Ferrari dealership and buys a Ferrari because the salesman convinced them it’s better than a Corolla.

These people come with cash in hand for the most part and are already convinced they are buying a perceived valuable product. Value for money matters to people. To the lotus die hard fans, all they need is the badge.

You price a car high, welcome to the game. The Lexus LFA is a great car that failed because it didn’t have the perceived value, doesn’t mean no one bought it. All the excitement about the Emira came from the fact it looked cheaper. The M4 competition was priced at 75,000 pounds, it’s $110k in Canada. Emira is 60k pounds starting…and in Canada?

I’m not about to explain why a new lotus with the same performance numbers as a Nissan Z has more value than a cayman GT4 to anyone.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back