• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

Sad day for our neighbors to the north. It's not ideal for the US either, but I'm sorry it's even more expensive for Canadians.

I think these days you can't hide from the value propositions of cars. Lotus is producing a new sports cars with super car looks.

But with regards to value, this thing is slower than an Audi R8 made in 2008....14 years later. Its's using a Toyota engine from 2005 (16 years ago), with parts from the evora that is almost a decade old. And the 4 cyclinder version uses a detuned engine from a $60k Mercedes CLA where the first model made in 2013 made 355hp with a faster 0-100 than the Emira.

This is a 2023 model Emira for $140k-150k OTD for Canadians. And Nissan is reusing a platform and bringing a Nissan Z for $48k with 400hp and a manual with the same straight line speed.

I can wait for everyone to see the weight of the V6 version with all the options added then wonder how a BMW M2 is quicker with the same weight. Only to realized the Cayman GTS is lighter that the LOTUS Emira

Make it make sense.

This is what lotus priced themselves against in Canada. A GT car with PDK that is a non-depreciating asset and an established track weapon and the more tame GTS starts 30k below.
The number of emails I've gotten from people saying "I'm getting a Gt4 or a corvette" is comical.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 8.26.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 8.26.37 PM.png
    225.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 8.29.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 8.29.17 PM.png
    426.4 KB · Views: 97
Well, I guess one more plus for the people that do stick it out and buy one.... it'll be all the more rare to see one in Canada now that so many people are heading for the EXIT.

I may order a C8 and wait... while waiting I'll buy a '13-15' Evo X for $30k for a "winter car" and to beat on - and in the end with both these cars I'll still be spending less than I would have for the FE. I'll miss the exclusivity of course, but seriously... 🤷‍♂️

Our un-killable 2009 AWD Sienna has the 3.5l Toyota engine - maybe I'll put some trick exhaust on it and then I can pretend. 😢

Sad day for our neighbors to the north. It's not ideal for the US either, but I'm sorry it's even more expensive for Canadians.
Yeah no respect / ambition for positioning the Emira price according to the competition over here. Just take the US price do the conversion exchange rate by adding 24% and add another 3% on top of that. Thats pretty much what I’m doing when I go to Florida for vacation and plan my budget. ( exchange rate of the moment + 3% bank fees ) All that waiting time just for that.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. so are we getting corrected email today with sad news ?

Not sure tbh, you already witnessed how it went down yesterday, so I wouldn't bet on it!
Frankly, I'm a little surprised. I've seen erroneous emails being sent, it happens even to the best run companies. What's not normal is lack of any corrective communications after the fact. Not even a quick "we realize we sent the wrong email, please stay tuned" type of note. This strikes me as being a little strange.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised. I've seen erroneous emails being sent, it happens even to the best run companies. What's not normal is lack of any corrective communications after the fact. Not even a quick "we realize we sent the wrong email, please stay tuned" type of note. This strikes me as being a little strange.
I completely agree. This speaks volumes to what Lotus thinks of the canadian market.

I've been thinking about this since yesterday. I think I'll wait for the base V6 sometime in 2023 and enjoy the GT4 next summer.

Can you keep your deposit slot even if you wait for the base V6?

what are the chances this was some sort of experiment to gauge reaction, are we in a crooked Netflix show without knowing we are participants? 🤣 #lotuscanadasquidgames

Last edited:
Just got the following from Lotus.
"Thank you for your email and for joining us on the next chapter of the Lotus story. Apologies, due to a technical issue the wrong email has been generated, the correct email will be sent later today with the correct pricing."

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back