• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

I got the wrong email from Lotus USA me either but my friend and salesman send me the pricing via email but told me not to tell yet.
It is disapointing. More expensive then a base GT4..... And the transport and preparation fees are not yet included and cost close to 4K more on top of that.
Lotus USA should resend a new email shortly to correct their mistake.

105K-110K like hiddenlotus said was too good to be true but there was a middle between too low and too high but it is what it is.

I got the wrong email from Lotus USA me either but my friend and salesman send me the pricing via email but told me not to tell yet.
It is disapointing. More expensive then a base GT4..... And the transport and preparation fees are not yet included and cost close to 4K more on top of that.
Lotus USA should resend a new email shortly to correct their mistake.

105K-110K like hiddenlotus said was too good to be true but there was a middle between too low and too high but it is what it is.
so what's the $$?? you can't be adding to the torture, it's bad enough!

thx for sharing I was #40 as of first week August, looks like hey've added 20 depositors or so in the last 2.5 months, hmmm not bad.
No problem. I wish I had seen the Emira sooner. I was leaning towards a 992 and not really focused on anything else.

The pricing should've been released today. The Canadian model SHOULD be 105-110k. If they charge more then they decided they can make more off the Canadian deposits. There will be so many upgrades to this first model. Any Canadian paying more will take a bath in depreciation come resale.
There is a reason for delayed pricing and it's due to discussions around deposits and how much they think people will pay.
There's also the issue of luxury tax above $100k for Canadians that is new

The pricing should've been released today. The Canadian model SHOULD be 105-110k. If they charge more then they decided they can make more off the Canadian deposits. There will be so many upgrades to this first model. Any Canadian paying more will take a bath in depreciation come resale.
There is a reason for delayed pricing and it's due to discussions around deposits and how much they think people will pay.
There's also the issue of luxury tax above $100k for Canadians that is new

Between 110K and 115K was the sweet spot for me.

105K-110K sounds a bit low for a car with a high level of standard equipment.

HiddenLotus are you talking about the V6 FE at that price ?

But 120K is a bit too high either when you consider the USD to CAD gives 116 200$ and the GT4 is 116K.

The Emira FE is priced 7 200$US lower then a base GT4 in USA and here it goes 4K higher and distination charge for Porsche is only 1 500$ CAD and Lotus is going to be more then double that price at around 3 500$.

But 120K is a bit too high either when you consider the USD to CAD gives 116 200$ and the GT4 is 116K.

The Emira FE is priced 7 200$US lower then a base GT4 in USA and here it goes 4K higher and distination charge for Porsche is only 1 500$ CAD and Lotus is going to be more then double that price at around 3 500$.
I'm with you on this, hitting $125k pre taxes for first year production is steep, ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

I'm with you on this, hitting $125k pre taxes for first year production is steep, ah well, it was fun while it lasted.
What are you going to do ? Wait for a 2023 V6 base price + some options to get 110K-115K ?

I work at the dealership and this is where I was getting information. The original pricing from lotus reps was 105-110k (for FE v6) till they got deposit numbers. The car is in between a GTS and GT4 for the most part. In Canada, waitlists for a 4.0 GTS are about 1+ years, just call and try order one from new. It makes no sense to pay so much more for a brand new unknown car with year 1 hiccups from a brand with limited dealers vs an established 6 cyclinder cayman gts . The cayman gts with pdk has much better numbers.

But with deposit numbers being high, they can push higher. But just know if you're an early adopter in Canada and its higher than 110k with this luxury tax, you'll be looking at the worst depreciation you'll ever see. We were all confused because US pricing was out forever ago but they keep doing a dance with Canadian numbers.

What are you going to do ? Wait for a 2023 V6 base price + some options to get 110K-115K ?

What are you going to do ? Wait for a 2023 V6 base price + some options to get 110K-115K
I have no clue, I wouldn't tie up a deposit for that long and maybe evaluate another sports car, lots of brands are innovating. End of the day, it appears to lotus we're a small piece of the pie with possibly a limited potential for growth, they could price it whatever they want but if they truly want to grow and displace competition they'll have to get the pricing right for the first several years.

My advice to every Canadian buyer: if the FE is over $110,000 do not but this car. There will be a lot of upgrades, especially the 4 cylinder. The car's performance is very poor for the price. A PDK 4.0 GTS does 0-100 in 3.4s and will be under $100k, add options and it can be spec'd at $110k, it will handle like a Porsche. The new Nissan Z is a 400hp 6 cylinder from Nissan starting at around $48,000 Canadian from my sources doing 0-100 in about 4.3s, the same a the Emira for how much cheaper?? The C8 corvette is 0-60 in 3s for $70,000 CAD starting, this Emira will be more expensive than a C8 Z06.

Once supply chains normalize in 2023, Emira owners will be feeling stupid and you'll be hearing about upgrades that the first edition did not have and wondering how the competition is doing more for less. Those luxury taxes will not be on the competition to the same extent.

If I sound annoyed, it's because I've been getting calls from people about this all month and it's getting sloppy from lotus. How do you even mess up the pricing announcement emails to customers and we are getting blasted with phone calls now. Unbelievable that they haven't sent out a correction. Good luck ordering parts when they can't handle emails with this new lotus

My advice to every Canadian buyer: if the FE is over $110,000 do not but this car. There will be a lot of upgrades, especially the 4 cylinder. The car's performance is very poor for the price. A PDK 4.0 GTS does 0-100 in 3.4s and will be under $100k, add options and it can be spec'd at $110k, it will handle like a Porsche. The new Nissan Z is a 400hp 6 cylinder from Nissan starting at around $48,000 Canadian from my sources doing 0-100 in about 4.3s, the same a the Emira for how much cheaper?? The C8 corvette is 0-60 in 3s for $70,000 CAD starting, this Emira will be more expensive than a C8 Z06.

Once supply chains normalize in 2023, Emira owners will be feeling stupid and you'll be hearing about upgrades that the first edition did not have and wondering how the competition is doing more for less. Those luxury taxes will not be on the competition to the same extent.

If I sound annoyed, it's because I've been getting calls from people about this all month and it's getting sloppy from lotus. How do you even mess up the pricing announcement emails to customers and we are getting blasted with phone calls now. Unbelievable that they haven't sent out a correction. Good luck ordering parts when they can't handle emails with this new lotus
fair points all around, I'm in BC right now too, good thing the weather is better today haha, have a coffee relax, let's not stress over the errors of Lotus.

Where are you guys getting the $3500-$4000 Frt and Pdi numbers from? Is that typical Lotus charges? I honestly wasn't expecting that after buying a number of Porsches and knowing what they charge.

Everything you said is true but at the end I am a Lotus guy and that's the Emira that I want but I am truly disapointed at how again the Canadian market is taken into consideration from Lotus USA.
I hope they will at least correct their emails mistake with the US pricing and unfortunately the PDF 9 pages documents with pricing is supposed to be free of errors.
Where are you guys getting the $3500-$4000 Frt and Pdi numbers from? Is that typical Lotus charges? I honestly wasn't expecting that after buying a number of Porsches and knowing what they charge.
I asked my friend and salesman what was the destination charge for the Evora GT and he told me 2000$US for transport + 800$ for preparation but dont know if that 800$ was usd or cad.

The issue I have is that as someone who works where these cars will be sold, it makes us look dumb to our customers. We told them end of August/September, we told them first week of October, then we tell them definitively October 18th and they send out the wrong currency. Then we're getting people calling us expecting to lock in orders at $93900 CAD only to tell them that is a joke and we're making them wait again for an unknown time for the correct pricing. The people who get the headaches from customers are from us.

Remember, the vast majority of people ordering these cars arent on these forums, their only information is from a dealer and people have been sitting on deposits for 3-4 months with nothing while the UK and US knows their price.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back