• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

The issue I have is that as someone who works where these cars will be sold, it makes us look dumb to our customers. We told them end of August/September, we told them first week of October, then we tell them definitively October 18th and they send out the wrong currency. Then we're getting people calling us expecting to lock in orders at $93900 CAD only to tell them that is a joke and we're making them wait again for an unknown time for the correct pricing. The people who get the headaches from customers are from us.

Remember, the vast majority of people ordering these cars arent on these forums, their only information is from a dealer and people have been sitting on deposits for 3-4 months with nothing while the UK and US knows their price.
I totally understand what you means. What a mess for you...

LMAO

$96000+ for V4 base
$120k+ for V6 manual
$123k+ for V6 Auto

All pre-tax. As a man selling these cars, don’t buy this. Please
Crap... If this is accurate then I'm out -I'm #16 at Lotus Montreal.
It looks like Lotus USA just converted to CDN $ and called it a day - either not understanding CDN market differences (I mean come on, we only get to drive the damn thing 7 months out of the year in many areas) or just not caring.

I sold my lightly tuned/modded '09 GT-R 2.5 years ago after 10 years of satisfying ownership - been looking for something reasonable to replace it since. I'm realizing now it was a mistake to sell it. I bought a '18 TTRS and after 2 years I was bored with that so sold that also. I got amped up when I saw the Emira and read about the expected pricing... but :rolleyes:

Very disappointing... I would have been ok with $105k-ish CDN for the FE, but $120k + whatever remaining options + delivery/fees + taxes... by the time all is said and done we'll be pushing near CDN$150k out the door. As beautiful as the car is it's just not worth near that much (to me anyway - I realize to some it will be).

Giving serious thought now to picking up a used 4C Coupe for fun - for around 60% the price of the FE.

I suspect there will be a lot of deposit refunds in CAN at this price point - but maybe there will still be enough people willing to stomach this price to meet Lotus's CDN expectations - who knows... ?

LMAO

$96000+ for V4 base
$120k+ for V6 manual
$123k+ for V6 Auto

All pre-tax. As a man selling these cars, don’t buy this. Please
LOL

2024 Cayman looking mighty fine right now.

Lotus USA, good job on souring my taste for this car.
F67A9691-672D-4FF6-B267-CE53BEA694BE.jpeg

It looks like Lotus USA just converted to CDN $ and called it a day - either not understanding CDN market differences (I mean come on, we only get to drive the damn thing 7 months out of the year in many areas) or just not caring.

I sold my lightly tuned/modded '09 GT-R 2.5 years ago after 10 years of satisfying ownership - been looking for something reasonable to replace it since. I'm realizing now it was a mistake to sell it. I bought a '18 TTRS and after 2 years I was bored with that so sold that also. I got amped up when I saw the Emira and read about the expected pricing... but :rolleyes:

Very disappointing... I would have been ok with $105k-ish CDN for the FE, but $120k + whatever remaining options + delivery/fees + taxes... by the time all is said and done we'll be pushing near CDN$150k out the door. As beautiful as the car is it's just not worth near that much (to me anyway - I realize to some it will be).

Giving serious thought now to picking up a used 4C Coupe for fun - for around 60% the price of the FE.

I suspect there will be a lot of deposit refunds in CAN at this price point - but maybe there will still be enough people willing to stomach this price to meet Lotus's CDN expectations - who knows... ?
For that price in Canada you can pick up newish R8’s and NSX’s. Actual super cars, with supercar performance.

OMG WHERE IS THE REAL PRICE. just want to see what to do

Yep hiddenlotus’s price are unfortunately pretty accurate at 100$-400$ difference to real pricing.

At around $150k ootd after options like black pack. You can look at a used mclaren 570s.

This is such a bad deal for Canadians I can’t recommend anyone buy this.

You’re taking a risk on an unknown car with unknown quality from a brand with limited support.

At around $150k ootd after options like black pack. You can look at a used mclaren 570s.

This is such a bad deal for Canadians I can’t recommend anyone buy this.

You’re taking a risk on an unknown car with unknown quality from a brand with limited support.
My Evora is looking better by the minute..

So is this speculation or did someone get a new email with correct pricing

150K for a used 540C or 570S is before taxs while it includes sales taxs and deluxe tax for the Lotus but I agree with you the total bill should never had been higher than 135K.

I know it's not apples to apples , but for an example....
'21 TTRS in USA US$72.5k
'21 TTRS in Canada CDN$78.9k
A reasonable (imo) example of the market realities of the different countries.

For me the FE should have hit $103k - $105k CDN to be sensible.

So is this speculation or did someone get a new email with correct pricing
Ive got an official Lotus PDF file with 9 pages that I’ve been told to not share yet but like I said hiddenLotus price are spot-on. 100$-400$ difference is not gonna change anything at this point.

Lotus is very small in Canada. The number of people who will be buying the Emira are mostly previous Evora owners who will see this as an update for slightly less. They’ll milk out the existing lotus base but I’m getting so many emails for refunds from new buyers who I’ve told the pricing. They keep mentioning they can buy a base 911 or a GT4 for that price, or the fact that the heavily marked up C8 corvette with performance numbers that are better is still cheaper in Canada.

Our finance department is about to spend the whole week processing refunds.

Lotus is very small in Canada. The number of people who will be buying the Emira are mostly previous Evora owners who will see this as an update for slightly less. They’ll milk out the existing lotus base but I’m getting so many emails for refunds from new buyers who I’ve told the pricing. They keep mentioning they can buy a base 911 or a GT4 for that price, or the fact that the heavily marked up C8 corvette with performance numbers that are better is still cheaper in Canada.

At 120K-124K they are not going to sell 3 times more car like they were planning. Each dealer was selling 5-10 Evora GT per year at 129K-150K and they are going to sell what 10-15 Emira per year instead of 20-25 if the car had been priced accordingly to be more competitive.

A real missed opportunity for Lotus, I think.

It's very unfortunate for them but their choice. A redesigned cayman is planned for 2023, C8 Z06, Nissan Z, C63 amg, G87 M2.

People paying 140-150k OOTD will be shocked to hear a trade in value of 90k or less in 2024, just two years after. Supply chains will be better and you'll start hearing of the brand new Emira S with 50 more HP (as is lotus tradition) while you're on your last year of warranty of a never tested first edition with inevitable quality issues only to realize that nobody cares about your first edition badge when they can get adaptive cruise control, more performance, carbon fibre bits and better colors on their Emira S.

The 4 cylinder base at 96k+ starting is the most insulting. They took it from a CLA 45amg which cost 63k CAD, detuned it and raised the price 33k for a different shell with what will be worse technology.

Great car, silly price in the Canadian market.

So sorry for our friends to the north, but this is exactly what I have been saying for weeks RE pricing and perceived value compared to staunch competition from Porsche and Chevrolet. @HiddenLotus makes all the right points…why would someone purchase an Emira at a premium when so many compromises are asked for? Features initially alluded to won’t be available, personalizing options are limited, the dealer/service network is Lilliputian, the power plants are retuned relative to what’s possible and even currently available, etc. etc. etc. put that together with a clumsy roll out that fails to inspire confidence and just a general sense of having expectations go unmet and you see buyers turn to other options and not feel at all like they are compromising. This is not a recipe for growing market share or expanding acceptance of your brand. I’ve got to believe Lotus could be and wants to be doing this better, particularly because the perceptions of one group of customers has a way of influencing the attitudes the others.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back