• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

I mean, when I first put my deposit down, the Vancouver dealer told me to expect around 110k.

Who knows, perhaps we will be treated fairly by Lotus USA after all.
Hiddenlotus subscribed today to this forum.

His first post is too good to be true.

No source is mentionned, he just wrote what we all wanted to see.

With current exchange rates I would predict a little more for a V6FE car. I would guess more like $115-118, but we are all just guessing until they announce pricing. But if it is $105-110, buy two!

I mean, when I first put my deposit down, the Vancouver dealer told me to expect around 110k.

Who knows, perhaps we will be treated fairly by Lotus USA after all.
Take with a grain of salt but when I put my deposit in July the dealer volunteered that he expects loaded to come out around 120 - sounds right, and that’s what I anticipate. However given where the f/x has sat for quite some time 25% above the US price would be fair and will feel “scammed” if they try to go any amount above 30%.

The thing is the CAD Emira price should not be based only onto the currency exchange rate. The price of the car should be positionned between the Cayman GTS 4.0 and the GT4 just like every other market in the world until now to be where they want it to be against the competition.
1275568E-B954-4291-8F74-1AE7FA2B0503.png

While I agree with the notion that you should try to price your car near your competition, that might not be the best strategy when you are trying to capture market. Doing the former makes sense when you and your competitor are offering a comparable choice to the customer. But that’s not yet completely true, or at least might not be. The Emira, no matter how beautiful is still an unknown, or at least not completely known. For the customer there is an element of risk until the car has a track record. Who knows, it may blow people out of the water once they have a chance to compare the overall driving/ownership experience, fit and finish to that of the Porsche. But until they do, I think they would be wise to exceed people’s expectation on price. Getting more than you ask for for less than you expected is a sure fire recipe for success. If I were Lotus, I would be trying to undercut the competition for a while. It would probably cost them, since the truth is that lacking economies of scale they probably can’t produce a superior product for the same price or a comparable product for a lower price. But if they want to capture market beyond the initial “rabid enthusiasm” phase they need to win people to their brand and their cause……For the Drivers!

By pricing a very well equipped V6 Emira between the GTS 4.0 and GT4 means that if you compare a base V6 Emira with a base Cayman GTS 4.0 the Lotus is going to be less expensive or equal just like you suggest to gain customer interest to the brand with a slightly lowest pricing.

Last edited:
I was told the $125k estimate too. My guess is $117k tops from an exchange perspective. $110k from a marketing perspective. $125k will make me consider alternatives.

By pricing a very well equipped V6 Emira between the GTS 4.0 and GT4 means that if you compare a base V6 Emira with a base Cayman GTS 4.0 the Lotus is going to be less expensive just like you suggest to gain customer interest to the brand with a slightly lowest pricing.
Agreed. My comments reflected concern that in Canada their pricing would be disproportionately high, which I think would be a mistake (which is different than wrong). I’d love to see everyone who experiences the Emira to say”WOW, WHAT AN AMAZING VALUE”, but of course that too will take time to truly know. The Germans put together one hell of a car, and being over-engineered, they hold up like few others. If Emira can be comparable in appointments, price, performance and durability/reliability (which I believe it can), then on looks alone they’ve got a true winner for the ages. If any of these things turns out to not be true, there will be difficulties. Just one man’s opinion. Let’s go Lotus. You’ve got this!

It is the first time in my life that I am happy to sleep earlier on a sunday night to say hello to Monday and this is hiddenlotus’s fault.🤪

We will see if the prediction comes true.

Can’t wait to wake up to great news and we all will be happy

EXTRA, extra, read all about it, read all about it!!!! Just got an email back from Lotus USA....."
As for 1st Edition pricing for Canada, we are hoping to get that released today.
I hope that helps" - Head of Sales, Lotus USA

😎

EXTRA, extra, read all about it, read all about it!!!! Just got an email back from Lotus USA....."
As for 1st Edition pricing for Canada, we are hoping to get that released today.
I hope that helps" - Head of Sales, Lotus USA

😎
Holly Molly !

That means Hiddenlotus was not a fake...

I am speachless.

If he was spot-on for the date, was he spot-on either regarding pricing between 105K and 110K ???

Last edited:
OMG that’s great let’s hope his pricing was correct

Also received this from another member of the lotus team , my take is pricing announcement today and updates to the configurator next week or so, finally!!!!

"Thank you for your enquiry through our online chat facility in relation to the new Lotus Emira and for joining us on the next chapter of the Lotus story.

Although we base your build slot by the date and time you place your order, we are still a long way away from seeing a finalised list. Once we receive firm orders we will be in a better place to confirm when you would anticipate receiving your car.

We will also be updating the configuration tool next week with prices and available options for the Emira.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards"

I am somewhat fine with their pricing strategy to be positioned between a base cayman gts 4.0 and under a base cayman gt4 in all other market in the world. Now be consequent and do the same for the Canadian market period.View attachment 690
Shame that in Japan the price of emira is more expensive than GT4

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back