• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

personally, I've been giving it more thought since the 125k rumor intensifies, before that I was convinced it would never go higher than 115k...
I’m in a hurry to know our real price since july 6th and me either I was pretty confident that my max budget of 115K + taxs = 130K-135K was going to be more then enough but we could have a bad surprise. The futur covid luxury tax is going to hurt also. If the price is 125K it is another 5K over the top. ( 20% x 25K ) The total bill could easily get toward the 150K instead. Pretty much the same bill as if you had bought an Evora GT and the Evora was suppose to compete the 911 while the Emira is suppose to compete one step under.

Last edited:
I called my dealer today (Calgary) and found out we should have pricing by this Friday. He told me the dealers in Canada have collected around 100 deposits for the FE. He also is hopeful the CDN price will be equivalent to the US price. Potentially CDN FE price could be less than US FE based on the Evora pricing when it launched in Canada.

That would be great hope your right on both issues. It’s like Christmas that never comes

I think there must be more Canadian deposits I’m number 43 in Montreal and I think someone said they were 40 something in Toronto. Must be more than 20 out west but who knows

I like the sounds of 100 deposits but also think that may be low. Hoping for a first edition v6 but placed my deposit fairly late Aug 31.

I called my dealer today (Calgary) and found out we should have pricing by this Friday. He told me the dealers in Canada have collected around 100 deposits for the FE. He also is hopeful the CDN price will be equivalent to the US price. Potentially CDN FE price could be less than US FE based on the Evora pricing when it launched in Canada.
My Montreal dealer have 52 deposits for the Emira and 70% of them want a manual transmission just like myself so mainly V6 sales.

I am supposed to be into 6th position on the list.

Last edited:
I absolutely think Lotus is monitoring the markets and pricing based on demand, enthusiasm, etc. I hope they get the Canadian pricing correct.

I think there must be more Canadian deposits I’m number 43 in Montreal and I think someone said they were 40 something in Toronto. Must be more than 20 out west but who knows
When did you put your deposit down?

My Montreal dealer have 52 deposits for the Emira and 70% of them want a manual transmission just like myself so mainly V6 sales.

I am supposed to be into 6th position on the list.
6th? Nice! May I ask what day you put you deposit down to get that spot? Trying to figure out where I might be based on that.

6th? Nice! May I ask what day you put you deposit down to get that spot? Trying to figure out where I might be based on that.
6th july 17h00 🙂

He had already 2 or 3 deposit before the launch of the car.

Around July 15th he was already at 35-36 deposits.

Last edited:
Juste like NoFear99, put my deposit down as soon as I saw the announcement on july 6th. Deposit receipt indicates I'm 4th in line at the Montreal dealership.

Wow I missed the boat. I put deposit august 30 in Montreal and I’m #43. But I want the AMG

Wow I missed the boat. I put deposit august 30 in Montreal and I’m #43. But I want the AMG
I like the sounds of 100 deposits but also think that may be low. Hoping for a first edition v6 but placed my deposit fairly late Aug 31.
With just a quick review of what forum members in Canada are saying their individual dealers have deposits for it sounds like more than 100 Canadian orders. There are two dealers in Toronto and the one I have a deposit with says they had 45 deposits (and that was a month ago) - so assuming the other Toronto dealer has a similar amount along with Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver etc I would think the total deposits are closer to 200.
Let's just hope they get the pricing right for our market/country and all deposit holders get to own the Emira they dreamed of.

With just a quick review of what forum members in Canada are saying their individual dealers have deposits for it sounds like more than 100 Canadian orders. There are two dealers in Toronto and the one I have a deposit with says they had 45 deposits (and that was a month ago) - so assuming the other Toronto dealer has a similar amount along with Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver etc I would think the total deposits are closer to 200.
Let's just hope they get the pricing right for our market/country and all deposit holders get to own the Emira they dreamed of.
There have 6 dealers in Canada . We can fairly say they have an average of 40 deposits each. So that means 225-250 deposits. If priced well they can sell around 170 to 200 cars in Canada per year. Porsche have sold 301 Cayman in 2020.

I think Lotus was selling 250-300 evora gt in USA in the past years and +or- 40 to 50 Evora GT in Canada.

Last edited:
Let’s hope.
2021-10-14_13-16-58.jpg

it's 7pm in Hethel so.... not sure if the pricing party will take place today, unless it's an automated timed email blast, I'll keep looking out over the water :(
Unfortunately I think the pricing comes from Lotus cars USA and I do hope they will give us real Canadian pricing with our own market reality and not like they use to do in the past to take the US pricing and add up a 25%-30% over the US price to convert the USD to CAD.

They dont do things like that everywhere else in the world by doing direct currency conversion.

By doing that Lotus USA show that they dont respect the Canadian market.

That is why, when you go to the official Lotus Canada website, we never had our own MSRP price showed for the Evora like other country in the world. The price of the car over here change with the currency fluctuation everytime. It really doesnt look serious that way.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back