• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

I took my one-day-old car (bought yesterday) out for a spirited drive today in the canyons for three hours.

It is a very engaging machine.

I am a regular Joe who likes cars. I don't know the correct terminology, so I might get this wrong when I say that a car has a "very linear power band," or maybe it's "very linear power delivery."

Either way, it reminded me that "smooth is fast" and "fast is smooth" and that I should use the car's momentum so I did.

You put the pedal down smoothly and the car responds well, gets going, and keeps going in a "straight line of power" (if that makes sense).

I always ignored the Supercharger >< Turbocharger threads, but now I am Team Supercharger.

I felt connected to the road, as is the Lotus promise. The car was glued to the road through turns, and a posted limit of "15 MPH" felt like a printing and installation mistake.

It is such a tremendous canyon-carving car...

...with some quirks, I need to document and post about to see if they are typical or atypical.

None of which distracted me from the driving experience at all, but they didn't seem like they should be

-Some rattles at low RPM
-Perhaps some rubbing with the wheel hard left or hard right at low speed
-Random Apple Car Play disconnections

And now I have some firsthand experience with the things people have been saying all this time, like the grabby brakes that take some getting used to.

3 hours isn't much experience to speak of, but here I am, a happy Lotus owner.

Attachments

• IMG_7761.png
    IMG_7761.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
Went out for a drive last night to grab a burger and parked all the way on the opposite side of the parking lot. To my surprise I saw some really excited kids gawking my car. I stuck around and answered some questions and let them take photos of my car. (sorry for the blurry picture)

found me.jpg

Attachments

• paparazzi.mov
    18.1 MB
anothe C&C day with a group. The Silver one had eventuri intake and carbon fiber race seats so we checked that out as well.

1723948293854.png

Got my first check engine light tonight after a slightly aggressive drive.
P0111 - intake air temp sensor out of range
I cleared it with my scanner. Interestingly it wasn’t showing as a hard code but now as a pending code.
CEL didn’t come back on after restart. I’ll have to drive more to update.
The car sat for almost 3 weeks so I’m not surprised it threw a fit after that.

Got my first check engine light tonight after a slightly aggressive drive.
P0111 - intake air temp sensor out of range
I cleared it with my scanner. Interestingly it wasn’t showing as a hard code but now as a pending code.
CEL didn’t come back on after restart. I’ll have to drive more to update.
The car sat for almost 3 weeks so I’m not surprised it threw a fit after that.
mines done that simply from pumping gas that the car didn’t like. Now im more selective with stations I go to.

mines done that simply from pumping gas that the car didn’t like. Now im more selective with stations I go to.
Luckily I always pump gas from the same reliable gas station with confirmed 91 octane.
It threw the light right after driving it hard and getting caught up at a few red lights before the slow cruise toward home. Ambient temps were around 75°F with 80-85% humidity. I think some heat soak is triggering the sensor.

Luckily I always pump gas from the same reliable gas station with confirmed 91 octane.
It threw the light right after driving it hard and getting caught up at a few red lights before the slow cruise toward home. Ambient temps were around 75°F with 80-85% humidity. I think some heat soak is triggering the sensor.
At 85 percent humidity it should have steam cleaned the engine.

Had it down at Car Week for the weekend! Saw my first fellow Emira on the road, a Magma Red outside of Pacific Grove, and a Seneca parked at Laguna during the historics on Saturday.

And finally finished running it in on the way home - but will wait to have proper fun with it until post-oil change.

Put fuel in it for the first time. The Emira sure makes the drive from Los Angeles to the Coachella Valley fun.

I am not sure what I was expecting for fuel economy, and embarrassingly, I never thought much about the size of the fuel tank.

If you exclude or amortize the cost of the car, the fun factor-to-cost ratio per mile makes the Emira a bargain.

PS: I'm curious if anyone else's car is vain like me. She always looks at herself in the mirror. She thinks or knows she is a baddie.

Attachments

• IMG_5470.jpg
    IMG_5470.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5471.jpg
    IMG_5471.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5475.jpg
    IMG_5475.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Ppre
Put fuel in it for the first time. The Emira sure makes the drive from Los Angeles to the Coachella Valley fun.

I am not sure what I was expecting for fuel economy, and embarrassingly, I never thought much about the size of the fuel tank.

If you exclude or amortize the cost of the car, the fun factor-to-cost ratio per mile makes the Emira a bargain.

PS: I'm curious if anyone else's car is vain like me. She always looks at herself in the mirror. She thinks or knows she is a baddie.
Pretty good smiles per gallon so far
Your smileage may vary.
Looks can be appealing.

I didn’t “do” anything to me car, per se, but last Friday I picked my daughter up in my Emira, and my dad picked my son up in his 1976 Triumph TR6, one right in front of the other. Pretty good start to the first week back at elementary school!

I didn’t “do” anything to me car, per se, but last Friday I picked my daughter up in my Emira, and my dad picked my son up in his 1976 Triumph TR6, one right in front of the other. Pretty good start to the first week back at elementary school!
Now we know who the coolest kids are.

Cleaned mine yesterday only to find the first significant stone chip :(. So phoned today to get some touch up paint from Lotus only to be told that they don't do such a thing! So ordered the Chipex systme which apparently guarantees to be an exact match for my Magma Red. Fingers crossed it is.

Cleaned mine yesterday only to find the first significant stone chip :(. So phoned today to get some touch up paint from Lotus only to be told that they don't do such a thing! So ordered the Chipex systme which apparently guarantees to be an exact match for my Magma Red. Fingers crossed it is.
How do you sell painted cars and not touch-up paint?
Lotus continues to amaze.

My car is at the port, waiting for its shipment tomorrow to Israel from Italy to finally become my daily, really excited and a bit nervous as I really enjoyed the car abroad, hopefully there won’t be any issues as nearest dealer is a few hours flight haha either way luckily we got an amazing and supportive forum community!
1134efcc-7dc1-4e78-a1fa-f3e508bb6634.jpeg

After 9 weeks I got mine fixed!

But, I used the opportunity to have the @Aerie carbon paddles and engine surround and the @GRP titanium/carbon exhaust tips fitted.

Collecting it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 0820241338a_HDR.jpg
    0820241338a_HDR.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 0820241338c_HDR.jpg
    0820241338c_HDR.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 47

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back