What did you do to your Emira today?

@GRP are there EBC pads that don't require disassembly to fit the Emira?

To be clear, I very much think they're still worth getting and with minimal effort you could just put some anti-squeal on the back of the pad and get it to work, I've just been too busy to solve the very light squeal between work and some travel.

Just get the black calipers and you can spend more time driving and less time cleaning.
A lot of early delivery car owners were complaining about the brake dust.
This is the only reason I got the black calipers and diamond cut wheels instead of yellow and silver.
I ceramic coated the wheels and for the most part just give a quick wipe down on the face of each wheel after a drive.

@GRP are there EBC pads that don't require disassembly to fit the Emira?
All of the pads to suit the Emira are drop in -- no major disassembly required really.
Pop the pins out, pull out the old pads, compress the pistons and drop in the new pads.

All of the pads to suit the Emira are drop in -- no major disassembly required really.
The only issue is that the pads are a little thicker so I had to remove the rubber backing plate from the pads to make them fit
One of you is a liar, and now you must fight to the death! :)

I think Greg meant no major disassembly of the car is required to swap the pads. But for the EBC pads to fit you do have to remove the backing.

Reactions: GRP
I'm not familiar with doing this previously but I definitely don't want squeak. I'd rather clean my wheels often over it.

Just get the black calipers and you can spend more time driving and less time cleaning.
It's not just the calipers that get dirty/filthy.. It's the entire silver wheel plus the calipers. It's crazy after a single drive how much dust there is on the wheels and calipers.

Ryan G

I'm not familiar with doing this previously but I definitely don't want squeak. I'd rather clean my wheels often over it.
Same here.. Wondering if anyone will make a true Emira low dust brake pad soon. I am all in for some of that to not have to clean my wheels after every drive.

Ryan G

Finally set up Homelink, after much troubleshooting. Turns out it's very important to have a fresh battery in the garage door opener.

I've never been able to figure out Homelink on any of my cars.
I got Tailwind. It knows which doors to open and close automatically via each cars Bluetooth. Pretty slick 👍

Black wheels! :)
So true. I love the silver on my Nimbus, but don't wash it very much. Between the bugs and dust, it gets rough after a few drives. I wish I'd gone black to just to cover my sins. I just touched it with a wet rag to see how bad it was.

Pretty bad.

1720714483676.jpeg

So true. I love the silver on my Nimbus, but don't wash it very much. Between the bugs and dust, it gets rough after a few drives. I wish I'd gone black to just to cover my sins. I just touched it with a wet rag to see how bad it was.

Pretty bad.

View attachment 47565
My black rims keep their appearance even with the dust, which softens their sheen. You know it's there but likely less obstrusvely.

What is the name of the UK company that supplies the Alcantara shift boots? I know it has been mentioned on the forum. I have tried several search terms, but I cannot find it.

It's worse with the louvered hatch on my Evora. Water gets in there no matter what.
Chose to be cautious and arranged for 1,000 mile dealer oil and filter change.
About 275 dollars plus tax.
Found out I was due for 2 software updates: one relates to the occasional popping sound coming from the KEF system.

Also, there is a dealer fix from Lotus regarding installing a shroud (my term) to protect the AC wiring assembly from water entering the hood vent. Anyone asking/getting - install takes 2 hours.

And.... received my Lotus Shop Manual copy.
The car is settling in nicely and I swear it drives better each time.

Chose to be cautious and arranged for 1,000 mile dealer oil and filter change.
About 275 dollars plus tax.
Found out I was due for 2 software updates: one relates to the occasional popping sound coming from the KEF system.

Also, there is a dealer fix from Lotus regarding installing a shroud (my term) to protect the AC wiring assembly from water entering the hood vent. Anyone asking/getting - install takes 2 hours.

And.... received my Lotus Shop Manual copy.
The car is settling in nicely and I swear it drives better each time.
$275 doesn't seem bad, my local dealer is quoting around $500-600.:confused:

$275 doesn't seem bad, my local dealer is quoting around $500-600.:confused:
My local Exotic shop wanted $400 for the oil change and another $400 while doing the oil change to do the Valve controller and 3rd cat delete.. I thought that was excessive.

I got another shop to quote the oil change at $150 (they do exotics as well) and then another $300 for the 3rd cat delete and valve controller.. So I am going there.

Ryan G