• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

Hey all, looking for some advice. I have my Emira at Galpin Auto Sports getting some parts fitted. Seems like they're having issues with the decat pipe (ugh) and the wheel spacers. Any thoughts? I've never heard anyone having issues from the wheel spacers.

IMG_5541.PNG

Yep, GRP spacers
You probably have a 50/50 shot of those spacers without the lip causing a vibration.
On the advice of several forum members that tried that style and had problems I went with the 12mm with lip from PCD Parts.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You probably have a 50/50 shot of those spacers without the lip causing a vibration.
On the advice of several forum members that tried that style and had problems I went with the 12mm with lip from PCD Parts.

Oh interesting, thank you for sending @LuckysDad. Do you have any idea why @GRP 's are having this issue?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh interesting, thank you for sending @LuckysDad. Do you have any idea why @GRP 's are having this issue?
No idea. It's just the feedback I received from other users when I asked about them. Half said they were great, half said they were troublesome. I'm assuming without the lip it may be difficult to get them exactly centered on the hub or the wheel center on the spacer. That's just a guess though.

No idea. It's just the feedback I received from other users when I asked about them. Half said they were great, half said they were troublesome. I'm assuming without the lip it may be difficult to get them exactly centered on the hub or the wheel center on the spacer. That's just a guess though.
Disconcerting as I also have GRP spacers.

Thought itd never happen to me...was checking the oil and tried to securely grab the sub panel and release it. Fingers slipped and it came undone and went immediately to the bottom of the engine. After a few hurtful thoughts towards Lotus engineers, I stuck my whole arm inside the hole and could feel it but not grab it. Then decided to remove the main panel for more reach and was able to get it barely. It fell all the way down to the belly pan. Luckily I'm tall and have long arms or wouldnt have been as easy or required removing the undertray.
Next time I'll use two hands on that panel to prevent that.

Those engine covers feel and look pretty cheap. Not sure what purpose they actually serve. If we're "adding lightness" I may just put them in storage.

Hey all, looking for some advice. I have my Emira at Galpin Auto Sports getting some parts fitted. Seems like they're having issues with the decat pipe (ugh) and the wheel spacers. Any thoughts? I've never heard anyone having issues from the wheel spacers.

View attachment 47585
Hi Emerson,

Sorry that they're giving you a hard time, but to be quite honest I'm not all that surprised that they are refusing to do the work for liability and contractual reasons.
On your 2 issues, here are my thoughts:

1) Cat Delete - If you're not willing or able to install yourself, then take your Emira to a local muffler shop or general auto repair shop. They generally will charge you on an hourly basis to swap the parts and it shouldn't take more that 1 hour to do so with the help of a proper lift. Actually, what's most time consuming of the process is unscrewing and screwing all of the small bolts securing the underside panel.

2) I do have to agree with Galpin's recommendation however to opt instead for Hub-centric spacers, as these offer a more precise fitting and reduce the risk of wheel vibration. I have them on two of my other cars and never experienced any wheel vibrations. I'm really a fan of GRP's products in general and their customer service has been second to none, but I've noticed that the only Emira spacers they offer are not hub centric, so I decided to order my spacers for the Emira directly from a shop in the UK called PCD Parts which I should be receiving soon. PCD do offer 12mm hub centric spacers via eBay that fit the Emira and I've read a couple of posts from other Forum members that have installed them and claim that they fit perfectly and have not caused any detrimental effect. The reason I opted to order them directly from PCD was because I wanted the 10mm instead of the 12mm, so I had to custom order them PCD's products are reasonably priced, but custom made orders do take 4-5 weeks, while the 12mm ones are more readily available.

Hope this proves helpful.

Hi Emerson,

Sorry that they're giving you a hard time, but to be quite honest I'm not all that surprised that they are refusing to do the work for liability and contractual reasons.

1) Cat Delete - If you're not willing or able to install yourself, then take your Emira to a local muffler shop or general auto repair shop. They generally will charge you on an hourly basis to swap the parts and it shouldn't take more that 1 hour to do so with the help of a proper lift. Actually, what's most time consuming of the process is unscrewing and screwing all of the small bolts securing the underside panel.

2) I do have to agree with Galpin's recommendation however to opt instead for Hub-centric spacers, as these offer a more precise fitting and reduce the risk of wheel vibration. I have them on two of my other cars and never experienced any wheel vibrations. I'm really a fan of GRP's products in general and their customer service has been second to none, but I've noticed that the only Emira spacers they offer are not hub centric, so I decided to order my spacers for the Emira directly from a shop in the UK called PCD Parts which I should be receiving soon. PCD do offer 12mm hub centric spacers via eBay that fit the Emira and I've read a couple of posts from other Forum members that have installed them and claim that they fit perfectly and have not caused any detrimental effect. The reason I opted to order them directly from PCD was because I wanted the 10mm instead of the 12mm, so I had to custom order them PCD's products are reasonably priced, but custom made orders do take 4-5 weeks, while the 12mm ones are more readily available.

Extremely helpful, thank you sir!! Will be taking your advice.

Hi Emerson,

I looked at their eBay site and didn't see any for the Emira. I want to get 6mm spacers as I have the lug bolts for that already.

Those engine covers feel and look pretty cheap. Not sure what purpose they actually serve. If we're "adding lightness" I may just put them in storage.
Not so sure that's a good idea because those trim panels probably have been designed to help channel the engine's hot air towards the open slot in the rear glass.

I looked at their eBay site and didn't see any for the Emira. I want to get 6mm spacers as I have the lug bolts for that already.
Not sure if you checked out the correct eBay item, but just in case check out Barcino2012's earlier post on this very same thread (dated April 13th) where he added the link for the spacers he successfully installed. While PCD does not specify model applicability, the spacers specs do match the Emira's wheel bolt specs of 5x114.3 and CB of 68.1. As I had mentioned in my previous message however, the specific spacers advertised on that eBay link are 12mm. You can send a message directly to Charlotte at [email protected] to enquire about the 6mm you're seeking. She was very helpful with my order. Good luck.

Not sure this qualifies since this is a cosmetic change and most of the posts seem to be mechanical, but my daughter was over helping me design a decal for the Emira to guide folks to my YT channel. This is her trying to make sure the QR code was readable from a follow car. This is not the final design, so please don't judge...
PXL_20240712_171018364.jpg

Not sure this qualifies since this is a cosmetic change and most of the posts seem to be mechanical, but my daughter was over helping me design a decal for the Emira to guide folks to my YT channel. This is her trying to make sure the QR code was readable from a follow car. This is not the final design, so please don't judge...
A suggestion for YouTube content is trying a insta360 x4 car rig and getting reactions. I was thinking about doing it b/c people were hanging out the window waving at my car. I'm just not consistent enough to create a car YouTube. But I might do it later for Emira rally content for fun.

1720908279295.png

A suggestion for YouTube content is trying a insta360 x4 car rig and getting reactions. I was thinking about doing it b/c people were hanging out the window waving at my car. I'm just not consistent enough to create a car YouTube. But I might do it later for Emira rally content for fun.

View attachment 47639
I'd like it more for chase cam footage than reaction shots