• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

Unfortunately, ceramic coating doesn’t make much of a difference. Just makes it slightly easier to clean.
My experience as well. Still need to clean as often...a tad easier...still takes as much time. Still thinking gunmetal wheels to mask the dust. Has anyone managed to get the Red Stuff pads installed without removing the backing plate? KitKat seemed to think that might be why he has the bit of noise he is experiencing. Hard to imagine that a pad sold as compatible with the Evora/Emira would require modification to fit...

My experience as well. Still need to clean as often...a tad easier...still takes as much time. Still thinking gunmetal wheels to mask the dust. Has anyone managed to get the Red Stuff pads installed without removing the backing plate? KitKat seemed to think that might be why he has the bit of noise he is experiencing. Hard to imagine that a pad sold as compatible with the Evora/Emira would require modification to fit...
I do believe @kitkat later posted that he did ultimately get the backing plates to fit.

I do believe @kitkat later posted that he did ultimately get the backing plates to fit.

Correct, I got the backing plates to fit and they still make a bit of sound. It's nowhere nearly like a track pad but a small bit of noise, I'm absolutely not bothered by it at all. I also recognize that some people associate brake squeal with brakes that are worn out, I associate them with aggressive track pads.

Correct, I got the backing plates to fit and they still make a bit of sound. It's nowhere nearly like a track pad but a small bit of noise, I'm absolutely not bothered by it at all. I also recognize that some people associate brake squeal with brakes that are worn out, I associate them with aggressive track pads.
Thanks for the clarification Kitkat! Sorry I missed that detail!!

I've had success with aftermarket rims on other vehicles, which are gun metal in color, making brake dust less visible. That's one reason the Aerie V2 rims I just ordered a few days ago, are gun metal. I doubt I'll have them in time to put on my extra set of tires, given the fast approaching winter season where I am, versus their production and shipping times. I'll likely post photos on the Aerie rim thread, once the tires are on the rims/vehicle, if anyone's interested in seeing them.

If anyone is interested in how my deal with Aerie worked (ie. price-wise), shoot me a PM on the Forum.

I fall a bit more into the worn out camp but after reading dust-related posts and seeing pics of the copious amounts spewed - especially as it shows on silver wheels - made the choice easy.

Took it out for a spin and a flatbed 🤣

Alternator malfunction at exactly 1,000 miles 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_4227.jpeg
    IMG_4227.jpeg
    334.6 KB · Views: 34
Ran over this stupid thing and got a flat in my right rear tyre. The good news is that the TPMS warned me and gave me plenty of time to pull over and fix it.

I used the included Fix and Go kit and it was a cinch. Took all of 5 minutes and I was back on my way home.

Nice to learn something new (I'd never heard of "Fix and Go" before). I see you can buy replacement canisters. After you've pumped the "gunk" into the tire, does that one use kill the canister and require replacement?

How was install? How do you like them?
Honestly, install was way quicker than I thought. Was done in about 25 min taking my time. I like them way more, I kept hitting the buttons all the time.

- Disconnect battery
- remove airbag (removing the airbag takes 30 seconds, you just poke a small screwdriver on each side of the airbag to release the spring clips)
- pull off plastic trim
-now you can see the buttons.
-remove two screws from each button
-unplug buttons and pull them out
-install new buttons in reverse order (you don't need the screws for the new buttons)

Yep. I’ll need to get a replacement. Very happy with how well the system worked, I can say that.

Something I’d sure appreciate your feedback on: some describe the stock brakes as “grabby”, and you’ve described the reds as being similar in performance as stock, so does that mean you think they have a similar degree of “grabbiness”? (I know that’s kinda nuanced)