• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

I washed it. First time I've washed a car in 20yrs !!!

Attachments

• Emira being washed 2.jpg
    Emira being washed 2.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 55
I removed the trunk panels yesterday to gain access to the ignition coil section and also to place some Second Skin Heat Wave Pro as I'm trying to reduce the trunk temperature from reaching 300 degrees (to maybe 250 degrees? :)).
Regarding the ignition coils, I found that, the wire harnesses are indeed exposed to water getting in due to their placement and orientation. I placed some heat shrink tubing on some of the wire harnesses and battery silicone covers on others to better protect them. Nothing is glued or permanent, only heat shrink tubing and zip ties to seal and hold them in place, so they can easily be removed should there be a need to replace any of the parts in the future. I hope this could help avoid future water damage to the ignition coils and related harnesses. Here are before and after pictures.View attachment 51275View attachment 51274 pictures.
Black electric tape wrapped would accomplish similar protection correct?

Don't worry Lotus will come out with a factory rubber sheet to drape over this area in due time.

Yeah, not so much a lightness pursuit rather, some find the colorful hook sticking out to be attractive or cool. I don't even like the sight of the open hole for the hook in the Emira's lower mesh grill. Goes to show that you really can't argue with tastes when some even think this is cool...View attachment 51363
That's nuts.

I removed the trunk panels yesterday to gain access to the ignition coil section and also to place some Second Skin Heat Wave Pro as I'm trying to reduce the trunk temperature from reaching 300 degrees (to maybe 250 degrees? :)).
Regarding the ignition coils, I found that, the wire harnesses are indeed exposed to water getting in due to their placement and orientation. I placed some heat shrink tubing on some of the wire harnesses and battery silicone covers on others to better protect them. Nothing is glued or permanent, only heat shrink tubing and zip ties to seal and hold them in place, so they can easily be removed should there be a need to replace any of the parts in the future. I hope this could help avoid future water damage to the ignition coils and related harnesses. Here are before and after pictures.View attachment 51275View attachment 51274 pictures.
Since you were in there, can you tell me which cylinders are two and five? They should be on opposite banks, but I'm trying to figure out how those two were corroded and the others weren't.

Regardless I'm going to work on a shield I think.

Prepped my garage. It's a tight two car so the bad weather vehicle sits on one side and the Emira on the other. The Kia has video cameras everywhere so I can get that pretty tight and run up against it's stopper. The Emira has annoyingly sensitive parking sensors (for the garage that is) so I need to know when I'm inside so I can cut the corner and bring it next to the wall.

Enter a quarter-dome security mirror. I made a shelf to hold it and on which I can put quick detailing stuff. Just had to notch out around the conduit for the EV charger.
1000026953.jpg

Prepped my garage. It's a tight two car so the bad weather vehicle sits on one side and the Emira on the other. The Kia has video cameras everywhere so I can get that pretty tight and run up against it's stopper. The Emira has annoyingly sensitive parking sensors (for the garage that is) so I need to know when I'm inside so I can cut the corner and bring it next to the wall.

Enter a quarter-dome security mirror. I made a shelf to hold it and on which I can put quick detailing stuff. Just had to notch out around the conduit for the EV charger.
View attachment 51449
Clever.

grp air filter, 12mm spacers and grp lowering kit
I'm thinking about these next as well. Do you have any full car pics of your lowered spaced setup?

Also, I was told at a meet the GRP air filter actually enhances the exhaust sound. Do you think thats true after installing it?

I'm thinking about these next as well. Do you have any full car pics of your lowered spaced setup?

Also, I was told at a meet the GRP air filter actually enhances the exhaust sound. Do you think thats true after installing it?

Right now I only did 100km and to be honest the exhaust sound is the same (I already installed the grp decat and the Milltek valve controller )

For the spacers and lowering kit I only have this photos , I’m happy with the looks, and no scratches for now

I think the kit lowered the car like 2cm

Attachments

• IMG_5030.png
    IMG_5030.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5028.png
    IMG_5028.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 45

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back