• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

This actually makes a bit of sense.
Not so much: maybe nearby but not adjacent.
Its generally understood distinctive cars want to be left alone, so no real need to buddy-up. Minding personal space applies to vehicles too. Not everyone knows the code.
Space is the final frontier.
Screenshot_20240919_003137_Google.jpg

Because the other person thinks that by parking next to you, their car is safer. You obviously care about your car, because you parked it away from everyone else, so they know you are not going to slam your door into theirs.
Just because its a rusty Astra, doesnt mean its not someones P&J.
Trust me I not trying saying a rusty 20 year old car is not worth something to someone as I’m not a car snob. This was meant to be light hearted but for sure statistically someone in a new Emira is more likely to care about minor bumps than someone with a rusty 20 year old car.
Let’s be honest would you sooner park next to a mint vintage Aston Martin DB4 or a 2005 Ford Fiedta with rust, dents and different coloured wings? 🤷🏻😁

I made a video!

Great comparison video! You really get an idea what this mod does and what it sounds like, especially no wind noises and other cars passing by who could distract. Well done! :)

For me personally no other backbox / muffler needed, when this mod was done. Perfect solution.

Great comparison video! You really get an idea what this mod does and what it sounds like, especially no wind noises and other cars passing by who could distract. Well done! :)

For me personally no other backbox / muffler needed, when this mod was done. Perfect solution.
I agree. Very happy with the 3rd cat delete and stock exhaust.

Trust me I not trying saying a rusty 20 year old car is not worth something to someone as I’m not a car snob. This was meant to be light hearted but for sure statistically someone in a new Emira is more likely to care about minor bumps than someone with a rusty 20 year old car.
Let’s be honest would you sooner park next to a mint vintage Aston Martin DB4 or a 2005 Ford Fiedta with rust, dents and different coloured wings? 🤷🏻😁
If we park, we would park in an area with no cars or near another high priced car, as that would hopefully protect ours. However if someone is parking theirs, then they potentially look for the same and an Emira would fit that scenario

Arguably, the best place to park, even in a virtually empty car park, is next to another expensive/cared for car, that way, if others do then park next to you, you can only get one crappy car next to you, as the other side is already taken. Unfortunately, you then annoy the owner of the nice car you park next to :)

I suppose the answer is I drove it! I collected it after finalising the deal last week. Took it out to Caffiene & Machine and got some photos of it - I'll throw the album in the appropriate thread.

Now I'm waiting to put the private plate and black Lotus badging on! If anyone has any suggestions for getting the wheel hubs out without taking the wheels off, I'll listen. 😂

DJR_5823.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back