What's the first mod you did or plan to do for your Emira?

PPF Ceramic
Tint
Gold Wheels for winter for either a DV car or the darkest blue they offer with the extra base colors
Car Cover

Komotec tune maybe.

Black-and-silver badging for sure. I'm leaning heavily towards immediately go for a full colour change via spray-on paint protection (Ngenco) ... Napier Green calls to me like a siren's song 🤤

At least I have a year to think on it :)

I thought I wouldn’t bother with any PPF etc as the cars going to be used lots and stone chips are just a part of life… but then after getting one within the first 200 miles I’ve pivoted and am now getting the PPFd next week. The cars just too good looking to have all chipped up!

I still want the exhaust done though. I’d like the noise of sport/track to be my tour noise and then I’d like a louder setting for Sport/Track.

I also want to change the seatbelts to yellow ones.

If possible I’d like to high temp paint the gray engine head to match the brakes (red for example)
Like this?

1672511549847.jpeg

Like this on the Evora GT:

2020-lotus-evora-gt-136-1575321692.jpg

Pic: Car and Driver
Haven't seen this pic before so thanks for sharing but this is one of the things I absolutely want to get done

PPF, third cat delete, change the nose and wheel Lotus badges over to the black ones (Hethel Yellow car with full black pack).
must have missed this about the 3rd cat delete. Definitely want to delete ... but does that mean it has (3) cats? If so then ideally I would remove all cats or maybe sport cats on the two and delete the one. I took them off my nismo altogether (so much better) and looking to put sport cats on the c8.

Ok so my summary list

- I will put on tint (I don't install PPF so not sure if I will get this done or not)
- I will ceramic the car and wheels
- powder coat the Lotus cover on the engine
- replace seat belts with red ones
- cat delete
- black out the LOTUS name badge
- still debating on black out the tail pipes
- fitted car cover

Future thoughts
- would like to have a CF cover on the sill
- front carbon splitter

must have missed this about the 3rd cat delete. Definitely want to delete ... but does that mean it has (3) cats? If so then ideally I would remove all cats or maybe sport cats on the two and delete the one. I took them off my nismo altogether (so much better) and looking to put sport cats on the c8.
Usually the first two removed will throw a check engine light I believe

I will immediately disable the exhaust valve, but in a different way than most of you guys.

My car will always be in quiet mode.

Nothing visual, not gonna clown up perfection :). But PPF to protect it and potentially replace the speakers and amplifier if it can be done simply by swapping parts without cutting anything up.

PPF for me too, but I wouldn't really consider that a mod. I'll probably do a 3rd cat delete first, though I'd also like to get some deviated stitching on the steering wheel and shift boot. Might just remove the shift boot all together and paint match the trim around it.
Any pics of the 3rd cat?

No problems passing DE emissions ?

Nah, shouldn't be an issue. There's no o2 sensor in that 3rd cat, so there won't be a CEL and they won't do a sniffer test since it's OBD2. Can't visually check it either since the undertray covers everything. 😉

I passed DMV with a catless turboback exhaust on both my STIs. You're fine as long as you code out the CEL.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back