Who here has tracked their Emira?

Blackthought_

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone here track their Emira? If so, did you track the car 100% stock or did you upgrade parts? Particularly interested if you changed out the brake fluid, pads, tires, etc.

These pads https://www.seriouslylotus.com/performance-friction-front-brake-pads-emira
Pads are down about a third maybe closer to half worn.
Cracks started to appear on my second track day, on the third after a session you could watch and hear them appear.
Thanks, the vagueness and shaky cam photo is amazing haha. Not surprised by the heat-checking and ultimate cracking of the cross drilled holes when using aggressive pads. You might still hear popping/crackling of the your new rotors on cool-down - it's usually more of the contraction of the ring to the rotor hat/bell - at least the noise doesn't change for me on different cars regardless of rotor type (as long as it's a 2 piece or especially floating type rotor).

Appreciate you sharing the photos and info though, helpful data-point for me on this platform.

That’s the boxes for the pads.
image.jpg

Original discs are not up to track work, no discs that have holes are. That’s why race teams don’t have discs with drilled holes.
You can see how destroyed my fronts are after three hard track days.
Lotus won’t entertain a conversation about upgrades so I am going it alone to make it work.
Not looking for increased braking just discs that don’t fall apart.
@Warren-RB curious to know why your discs (non-CCB) are drilled and slotted as opposed to just slotted?

I don't think the rules about drilled v slotted holds for Carbon Ceramics.

I've seen plenty of Carbon Carbon race brakes with drilled holes. Though on more serious "F1" style I guess you do also see something more like

1728433426514.png

But I don't think I've ever seen a Slotted Carbon rotor.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back