• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Any way to fix the brake dust?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi there
The brake dust on these cars is pretty nuts.
Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

Either pads or some sort of treatment I can put on the wheels?
Thanks a ton

Is there anybody who lives in Southern California somewhat near Fullerton that would possibly be willing to work with RacingBrake on developing replacement rotors/hats for the Emira? I worked with them years ago on making their patented slotted rotors for the Camaro. If Warren's still there, or at least his son, I can see about setting up a meeting to at least take a look at the situation.

From BMW to Mercedes:
Racing Brake makes me happy

Is there anybody who lives in Southern California somewhat near Fullerton that would possibly be willing to work with RacingBrake on developing replacement rotors/hats for the Emira? I worked with them years ago on making their patented slotted rotors for the Camaro. If Warren's still there, or at least his son, I can see about setting up a meeting to at least take a look at the situation.
I live in Orange, I am interested in low dust brake pads. Not looking to do rotors and hats

I live in Orange, I am interested in low dust brake pads. Not looking to do rotors and hats
I already have a forum member who has volunteered to meet with RB. Once they know what the specs are, Warren will let us know what they'll be able to make available. We might even be able to get some group buy deals going.

I would like to welcome @Warren-RB from RacingBrake to the forum! I've been in contact with him, and he's expressed interest in the Emira. They make good brake pads for street and track, as well as rotors, both in iron and ccb.
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the remark and Yes we are committed to serving Emira community; whether you are just looking for a low dust, no squeaking brake pads, or a lightweight 2 pc rotors, or even a complete system upgrade we have a solution for you.

We can also offer carbon ceramic conversion upgrade which you know from our Alfa Romeo offer here.

It looks like the Emira brakes are closely related to McLaren's 570S (iron version) which we already offered along with CCB brakes, so it's just a matter to have them sorted out and listed.

Thank you all and we look forward to serving your braking needs.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the remark and Yes we are committed to serving Emira community; whether you are just looking for a low dust, no squeaking brake pads, or a lightweight 2 pc rotors, or even a complete system upgrade we have a solution for you.

We can also offer carbon ceramic conversion upgrade which you know from our Alfa Romeo offer here.

It looks like the Emira brakes are closely related to McLaren's 570S (iron version) which we already offered along with CCB brakes, so it's just a matter to have them sorted out and listed.

Thank you all and we look forward to serving your braking needs.
As soon as you have them listed, please let us know, I am the first one to buy them and try them out!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back