• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

I'm hoping they partner with Mazda... throw in a civic type r powertrain in a Miata and design it like a mini NSX.... I would buy one for 50K. Wishful thinking I know.
Considering the s2k was mid 30k in 2001, I highly doubt it would be under 65K today.

Considering the s2k was mid 30k in 2001, I highly doubt it would be under 65K today.
I don't know if they would go into M2 price territory or Audi TTRS price... but 15-20K over the price of a civic type r I could see that. Who knows, but would be awesome to see... I'll revise price guess to 55K :)

It’s been a long time since I posted on here. Originally placed a deposit on the 8th July 2021 so delivery would have been one of the early ones. However after some soul searching I cancelled my deposit last week and placed an deposit on an Evora GT410 Sport after having a test drive. Performance and Handling was everything I expected (I currently have an Exige V6 with a 430 Komotec upgrade). I have not driven the Emira so cannot comment, other than it is a stunning looking car but I was concerned the performance was not going to match its looks. I was not able to find a bad review on the Evora GT410 – unless someone can point me towards one. Also I was a bit under underwhelmed with peoples reactions to the performance – no grin factor. Having seen Harrys garage reviews on both the Emira and Evora GT there was definitely more of a grin factor with the Evora. I am sure people are going to enjoy the Emira and I may have jumped ship without driving an Emira but I am happy with my choice.

It’s been a long time since I posted on here. Originally placed a deposit on the 8th July 2021 so delivery would have been one of the early ones. However after some soul searching I cancelled my deposit last week and placed an deposit on an Evora GT410 Sport after having a test drive. Performance and Handling was everything I expected (I currently have an Exige V6 with a 430 Komotec upgrade). I have not driven the Emira so cannot comment, other than it is a stunning looking car but I was concerned the performance was not going to match its looks. I was not able to find a bad review on the Evora GT410 – unless someone can point me towards one. Also I was a bit under underwhelmed with peoples reactions to the performance – no grin factor. Having seen Harrys garage reviews on both the Emira and Evora GT there was definitely more of a grin factor with the Evora. I am sure people are going to enjoy the Emira and I may have jumped ship without driving an Emira but I am happy with my choice.
I kind of concur with all of that.
I'm so close to test driving and delivery I feel like I'm just in it until the end now, whenever that may be.
Pics of the Evora? Wasn't the nice blue one I went to check out last week?

I was very close to purchasing an Evora GT in 2021 (meaning, I hadn't driven it yet, but I had determined it was the car I wanted). Then, the Emira was released and I immediately switched to the Emira.

My thought is, as long as the performance of the Emira is the same as the Evora, then it's a huge win. Same engine, same transmission, same Lotus dynamics, AND wayyy better looks. To me, the Evora is the only car I'm comparing the Emira to. While I haven't driven either yet, from others it sounds like they are very similar and that's good news for me.

Excited for my test drive on Nov. 3rd.

I was very close to purchasing an Evora GT in 2021 (meaning, I hadn't driven it yet, but I had determined it was the car I wanted). Then, the Emira was released and I immediately switched to the Emira.

My thought is, as long as the performance of the Emira is the same as the Evora, then it's a huge win. Same engine, same transmission, same Lotus dynamics, AND wayyy better looks. To me, the Evora is the only car I'm comparing the Emira to. While I haven't driven either yet, from others it sounds like they are very similar and that's good news for me.

Excited for my test drive on Nov. 3rd.
That is the big question though isn't.
Unlikely to be as quick as a 410. Possibly a 400, ut how old is that now..
Cant wait for some direct comparisons to see exactly the differences. Although if i was a betting man I can see GT410, Sport and 430s going for more £££ than Emiras in a few years

The economy and £s tanking in the UK and the inevitable interest rates rising, and the extended supply chains led delays, anyone here in the UK having second thoughts on the Emira purchase?

For me, I’m still in, but that really depends on interest rates not being crazy high and how my other investments are doing to be honest! It’s a real shame Lotus has been caught bang in a middle of the economics woes!
Lotus gave us too much time, thought processes kicked into action, we decided we already have a lot of cars, our toys are convertible cars, we thought the Lotus might be underused which would be foolish.

We decided to instead update one of the other cars with the option to revisit Emira when some have actually hit the dealers.

Hopefully Lotus will overcome its difficulties and the Emira will join our collection when we don't want the wind in our hair as much, good luck to those still holding on.

those Evora's from what I've seen/heard have a more organic exhaust note, one of the perks of slightly older cars which had less restrictions imposed on them..? Have to admit, they (like most Lotus to be fair) hold a nice timeless design to them as well... and they're available if you look hard enough.
Enjoy the new wheels

I kind of concur with all of that.
I'm so close to test driving and delivery I feel like I'm just in it until the end now, whenever that may be.
Pics of the Evora? Wasn't the nice blue one I went to check out last week?
I am a sucker for a bright colour - metallic vivid green. It will match my Liquid yellow Exige :)

Attachments

• Evora3.jpg
    Evora3.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Evora4.jpg
    Evora4.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 60
those Evora's from what I've seen/heard have a more organic exhaust note, one of the perks of slightly older cars which had less restrictions imposed on them..? Have to admit, they (like most Lotus to be fair) hold a nice timeless design to them as well... and they're available if you look hard enough.
Enjoy the new wheels

I mean technically the emira can have the same exhaust note if you remove the extra items it has mufflling the noise so it’s nbd

So this is my dilemma...

I've not had the call yet but expect my November delivery to be bounced back to Jan/Feb at best.

My gt4 is not selling easily, it looks like I'm going to take a fairly sizable financial hit selling it in the winter. It's currently on a 6% pcp deal

So I sell my gt4 now, take the hit and then come Feb time when my emira lands and lotus have put the rate up to 10-11% in line with porsche (lotus CS has already stated its under review) and the emira will likely come out near 50% more a month than my gt4, as much as I want the emira and its a great chance to be in one of the first cars (well other than the rest of the world that have been supplied first) that's a hard pill to swallow. I really can't decide what to do
I don't even think with the way things are going there'll be much to gain by flipping the emira.

And all this is assuming the FE list price doesn't increase.

So this is my dilemma...

I've not had the call yet but expect my November delivery to be bounced back to Jan/Feb at best.

My gt4 is not selling easily, it looks like I'm going to take a fairly sizable financial hit selling it in the winter. It's currently on a 6% pcp deal

So I sell my gt4 now, take the hit and then come Feb time when my emira lands and lotus have put the rate up to 10-11% in line with porsche (lotus CS has already stated its under review) and the emira will likely come out near 50% more a month than my gt4, as much as I want the emira and its a great chance to be in one of the first cars (well other than the rest of the world that have been supplied first) that's a hard pill to swallow. I really can't decide what to do
I don't even think with the way things are going there'll be much to gain by flipping the emira.

And all this is assuming the FE list price doesn't increase.
I thought GT4’s were selling very well and you couldn’t get them?

I thought GT4’s were selling very well and you couldn’t get them?
The market has slipped heavily on them (and everything) there's still some old prices out there but they will be hard sells, maybe better in the spring.

Increased Apr and px valuations being below people's expectations are also big issues. People go into a deal with a monthly cost expectation and it comes out 50% more

Had a very quick test ride of the Alpine 110 and happy to say it did make me smile 😃 Love the look from the back end not so keen on the front end look - but for something that you can pick up new from £52k onwards not bad at all going to be very interesting how the Emira stacks up
Drove an Alpine Gt at Thruxton where I work on Thursday, very impressive performance and handling, the finish quality is really good, not saying it's perfect but certainly a good alternative to the Emira!!

something many on here have pondered...I already seem to be ploughing through this list having enjoyed many years of both DB9 and Noble M12 ownership, but thought this article was highly appropriate for those on here...

something many on here have pondered...I already seem to be ploughing through this list having enjoyed many years of both DB9 and Noble M12 ownership, but thought this article was highly appropriate for those on here...

The c80k 570s's are seriously turning my head. Just the extra per annum for a warranty, but then tge first years tax on an emira is 2k so that's one years sorted

The c80k 570s's are seriously turning my head. Just the extra per annum for a warranty, but then tge first years tax on an emira is 2k so that's one years sorted
I know they are a bit more money, but the 720s at 140k also seem rather ridiculous value for the performance of a P1 and guaranteed continued rarity value...as long as you get one that has had the early gremlins sorted it may even now turn into an investment opportunity. Sure running costs gonna be higher, but smiles per mile and per GBP are gonna be off the charts.

I know they are a bit more money, but the 720s at 140k also seem rather ridiculous value for the performance of a P1 and guaranteed continued rarity value...as long as you get one that has had the early gremlins sorted it may even now turn into an investment opportunity. Sure running costs gonna be higher, but smiles per mile and per GBP are gonna be off the charts.
Absolutely!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back