• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

So this is my dilemma...

I've not had the call yet but expect my November delivery to be bounced back to Jan/Feb at best.

My gt4 is not selling easily, it looks like I'm going to take a fairly sizable financial hit selling it in the winter. It's currently on a 6% pcp deal

So I sell my gt4 now, take the hit and then come Feb time when my emira lands and lotus have put the rate up to 10-11% in line with porsche (lotus CS has already stated its under review) and the emira will likely come out near 50% more a month than my gt4, as much as I want the emira and its a great chance to be in one of the first cars (well other than the rest of the world that have been supplied first) that's a hard pill to swallow. I really can't decide what to do
I don't even think with the way things are going there'll be much to gain by flipping the emira.

And all this is assuming the FE list price doesn't increase.
Spend the day watch shopping. You can’t take it with you. The first time you see one in the wild, prob at you work place, you’ll hate your gt4. That’s all I got.

something many on here have pondered...I already seem to be ploughing through this list having enjoyed many years of both DB9 and Noble M12 ownership, but thought this article was highly appropriate for those on here...

the McLaren 12c I think could go on this list - but this list could really make people think twice... that Noble though... lovely

the McLaren 12c I think could go on this list - but this list could really make people think twice... that Noble though... lovely
I had the Noble 2.5 for a couple of years...such a compliant road/race car and the fastest A to B car on UK roads I have ever owned. The twin turbos created noises like a star wars ship right behind your ears...the sense of drama and occassion was palpable with each and every journey. I miss that car. But I like to think that the new Emira is similar in many respects, with a more modern exterior and a supercharger in place of the turbos...we'll see. And yes, the 12C deserves a mention as does the 650, which in many ways was what the 12C was always meant to be.

I had the Noble 2.5 for a couple of years...such a compliant road/race car and the fastest A to B car on UK roads I have ever owned. The twin turbos created noises like a star wars ship right behind your ears...the sense of drama and occassion was palpable with each and every journey. I miss that car. But I like to think that the new Emira is similar in many respects, with a more modern exterior and a supercharger in place of the turbos...we'll see. And yes, the 12C deserves a mention as does the 650, which in many ways was what the 12C was always meant to be.
Lucky lucky guy, there was a Noble dealership where I lived growing up, and just always been fascinated with them for their raw sportscar appeal and rarity.
You're pretty much right there, good friend works at McLaren and admitted the first 12c's had some issues, they did iron those out for those owners too as I understand, but had also got the 650 then on the way. But a carbon tub British sportscar at the prices they now are still blows my mind

Lucky lucky guy, there was a Noble dealership where I lived growing up, and just always been fascinated with them for their raw sportscar appeal and rarity.
You're pretty much right there, good friend works at McLaren and admitted the first 12c's had some issues, they did iron those out for those owners too as I understand, but had also got the 650 then on the way. But a carbon tub British sportscar at the prices they now are still blows my mind

I considered picking up an M400 / Rossion Q1 but couldn’t get over the lack of airbags in the car along with even worse parts availability than Lotus. But mostly the airbags tbh

Had a test ride of the Mini John Cooper Works 306 bhp AWD - automatic, certainly put a smile on my face, fun to drive noise was good ( fake thro speakers ) circa £40- £44 k Obviously not a beautiful sexy car 🚗 but yearh certainly liked the drive pur your foot down and it goes 😊 Has anyone got one in here ?

Last edited:
Had a test ride of the Mini John Cooper Works 306 bhp AWD - automatic, certainly put a smile on my face, fun to drive noise was good circa £40- £44 k Obviously not a beautiful sexy car 🚗 but yearh certainly liked the drive pur your foot down and it goes 😊 Has anyone got one in here ?
It's nice, but you can't spend 44k on a Mini!!!!
8k on a Mountain Bike yes. But not 44 on a mini 😉😅

Had a test ride of the Mini John Cooper Works 306 bhp AWD - automatic, certainly put a smile on my face, fun to drive noise was good circa £40- £44 k Obviously not a beautiful sexy car 🚗 but yearh certainly liked the drive pur your foot down and it goes 😊 Has anyone got one in here ?
We have a 2020 Cooper S with a tune to bump it to JCW specs. Unfortunately it's an automatic, but our last one was a '14 with a manual. Love them both! You just can't help but love them! Little go carts, comfortable, roomy, good gas mileage, very tossable, great for parking.

Was thinking bout one but don't like torque steer...:(

Was thinking bout one but don't like torque steer...:(
I think the GP looks great but it’s front wheel drive and gets poor review re: the torque steer too much power for front wheel drive such a shame they didn’t also do it as AWD think it starts at £36k as wud of been interested in that one

Attachments

• 94BA20D0-C167-4EDF-B09A-126C51E27ECC.jpeg
    94BA20D0-C167-4EDF-B09A-126C51E27ECC.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 21
  • D4430FD6-FC28-4A58-B0A6-293E2369AD62.jpeg
    D4430FD6-FC28-4A58-B0A6-293E2369AD62.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 21
I think the GP looks great but it’s front wheel drive and gets poor review re: the torque steer too much power for front wheel drive such a shame they didn’t also do it as AWD think it starts at £36k as wud of been interested in that one
If they had put AWD in the GP I wouldn't be here in line for the Emira! I love the cache of the mini. And I REALLY wish I had the disposable income for a Supercooper!!!! I don't think I've ever seen Matt/Smoking Tire have so much fun in a car..:)

Porsche called today. We can build your 718 GTS in Jan but your Bose option will be deleted as we can't get volume supplies of amps ( it will be in other models with it as standard spec). Can you retrofit it? No. What percentage of 718 HAVE Bose.......usually about 90%. All sounds familiar! Pun not intended

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back