• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

This is an interesting contender? @Leonard maybe right up your alley. Civic type R power and handling in a RWD lighter convertible. Looks of a small NSX. This would be a very cool car. Even @emiraspain might appreciate it....even if he dislike Japanese cars.

100% that would be very cool 😎

... and gear change, engine, practicality.... I was tempted by an S1 elise but in the end it was a little too compromised as a potential daily driver.As a weekend country road blatter, I would agree that the Elise was the better car. Mind you, it was too niche and so is gone from the market - the secnd gen S2000 will have competition from other quarters.

This is an interesting contender? @Leonard maybe right up your alley. Civic type R power and handling in a RWD lighter convertible. Looks of a small NSX. This would be a very cool car. Even @emiraspain might appreciate it....even if he dislike Japanese cars.

it does look its age now.....
i would have loved one, back when I was 22.....or so.... I'd not want one now. The new one, with a civic R engine would be a good car I'm sure, but the same engine is in the Atom and probably in the next new Nomad, which will weight about half the weight and have free air conditioning.......
If I moved from Spain to somewhere wet and miserable, ie the UK, then the Caterham may go and a 2000 could arrive, but I doubt it. Once you have tried the best, its hard to lower your standards... this is why every woman Ive dated is out there single..... all 1 and a half of them.

it does look its age now.....
i would have loved one, back when I was 22.....or so.... I'd not want one now. The new one, with a civic R engine would be a good car I'm sure, but the same engine is in the Atom and probably in the next new Nomad, which will weight about half the weight and have free air conditioning.......
If I moved from Spain to somewhere wet and miserable, ie the UK, then the Caterham may go and a 2000 could arrive, but I doubt it. Once you have tried the best, its hard to lower your standards... this is why every woman Ive dated is out there single..... all 1 and a half of them
I have very many Spanish friends, but none with your humour (compliment)🍻

He's not really Spanish. He's from Wolverhampton 🥰😅
there is more to the WEST midlands than Wolverhampton ... haha.... I think I've been there 3 times in my long life, but Im sure its wonderful, however, Im sure its not as wonderful as where I am currently sat... and thats not in Spain :)

there is more to the WEST midlands than Wolverhampton ... haha.... I think I've been there 3 times in my long life, but Im sure its wonderful, however, Im sure its not as wonderful as where I am currently sat... and thats not in Spain :)
You better not be tasting that South American fruit!!!

He's the fake Spanish.
The real one is me, lol.
I suggest we should change his name from emiraspain to emiramidlands!
I have a good friend in Bilbao too, Jose Ramon, but we call him El Visco😜

Attachments

• E6E160DA-1A40-41FF-AFEC-9167A3895952.jpeg
    E6E160DA-1A40-41FF-AFEC-9167A3895952.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 26
  • EA1800E8-F675-4942-B0E5-5FD20E7C842D.jpeg
    EA1800E8-F675-4942-B0E5-5FD20E7C842D.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 29
You better not be tasting that South American fruit!!!
I love in some countries in South America that all restaurants offer fresh fruit juices..... I have a sweet tooth and a mango / tomato del arbol / lulu ////// etc etc are all offered.... cant beat that.
No, im not there, Im at a chateau :). that narrows it down

I love in some countries in South America that all restaurants offer fresh fruit juices..... I have a sweet tooth and a mango / tomato del arbol / lulu ////// etc etc are all offered.... cant beat that.
No, im not there, Im at a chateau :). that narrows it down
Totally agree! I'm heading to my home country and will be enjoying lulo, maracuya, guanábana, etc. Compare that when you ask a waiter/waitress in the US if they have freshly squeezed orange juice and they still give you carton stuff!!

I’d be shocked if they brought back the S2000. If they did, I’d highly consider picking it over the Emira.

Shoot, if the Emira never lands or my test drive doesn’t wow me, I might consider getting a used s2000 and eventually sell off again (and likely lose very little money).

I’d be shocked if they brought back the S2000. If they did, I’d highly consider picking it over the Emira.

Shoot, if the Emira never lands or my test drive doesn’t wow me, I might consider getting a used s2000 and eventually sell off again (and likely lose very little money).
I have a feeling we will see a last ICE S2K. They already have the right motor and transmission (Civic type R) Lighter, sexier and convertible. 20K less than Base Emira... I would have one for sure.

I have a feeling we will see a last ICE S2K. They already have the right motor and transmission (Civic type R) Lighter, sexier and convertible. 20K less than Base Emira... I would have one for sure.
I’m a big s2k fanboy — had one for 15 years but I doubt they’re gonna do another fully ICE s2k. If they do I have a feeling it just won’t be the same — it’ll probably be disappointing.

I’m a big s2k fanboy — had one for 15 years but I doubt they’re gonna do another fully ICE s2k. If they do I have a feeling it just won’t be the same — it’ll probably be disappointing.
I'm hoping they partner with Mazda... throw in a civic type r powertrain in a Miata and design it like a mini NSX.... I would buy one for 50K. Wishful thinking I know.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back