Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

View attachment 9681
fabulous car šŸ‘

Loads of trips up to Scotland, utterly reliable, fabulous handling and other than tyres so little run. 40mpg on the motorway minimum and happily lead a group of Supercars on a run out. I doubt the Emira will be as quick on a B road as the FK8.
Well your screen name is VTECMatt I would expect a glowing review.

I know it's not as sexy as the Lotus .... but manual, RWD, 450+ HP, starting at 63K USD.... Let the debate begin

No way, if it was a gift I'd sell it right away. I don't care if it's incredibly fast. I don't want to be seen or associated with new BMW design.

I ordered a Porsche 718 Boxster T. Guards Red with tons of interior options, super blinged out. Even have carbon fiber seats and custom inserts for Style. Arrives in 3 weeks!

This Emira is taking a very long time. Now i hope it takes a longer amount of time so i can save up some extra beans to pay for it if and when my allocation appears. Unsure about it? Yes. Now it does not matter though as I will possibly have two cars that I own. A Boxster T and an all seneca blue Emira :D

lol nice and impractical :D

I know it's not as sexy as the Lotus .... but manual, RWD, 450+ HP, starting at 63K USD.... Let the debate begin

Modern BMWs just donā€™t do it for me. Iā€™m sure they are very capable cars, but the stereotypes of BMW owners, and the boring design language just stops me getting excited about them.

This is an interesting contender? @Leonard maybe right up your alley. Civic type R power and handling in a RWD lighter convertible. Looks of a small NSX. This would be a very cool car. Even @emiraspain might appreciate it....even if he dislike Japanese cars.

Obviously nowhere as nice looking as Emira, but technically on paper itā€™s a sound proposition and prices in Emiraā€™s price range. Two things put me off, weight and not really special any more. I donā€™t mind the looks, just meh and I am jealous of the drive train.

This came to meā€¦..
M2 = BMW M3
M3 = BMW M5
M4 = BMW M6
M5 = BMW M5/M6 GT

Obviously nowhere as nice looking as Emira, but technically on paper itā€™s a sound proposition and prices in Emiraā€™s price range. Two things put me off, weight and not really special any more. I donā€™t mind the looks, just meh and I am jealous of the drive train.

This came to meā€¦..
M2 = BMW M3
M3 = BMW M5
M4 = BMW M6
M5 = BMW M5/M6 GT
I agree... I don't think any M competes with Emira.... different kind of cars IMO, but I can see how someone would cross shop the M2 and Emira.

This came to meā€¦..
M2 = BMW M3
M3 = BMW M5
M4 = BMW M6
M5 = BMW M5/M6 GT
Wayyy cheaper for Americans too.

Another note - the 2023 BMW Z4 will now be offered with a manual transmission. That is a more interesting comparison to an Emira even if its a cab. FYI - I still don't think it competes with Emira either tho.

If the m2 werenā€™t so ugly Iā€™d consider one over the Emira seeing as both will be delivered to the US market at the same time. Both are driverā€™s cars but the M2 is like 30k cheaper than an FE.

The z4 m40i however is garbage, Iā€™ve rented one on Turo for a weekend. Iā€™ve never understood the comments about flexy converible chassis till I drove one with a couple thousand miles on the clock. Iā€™d hate myself if I had bought a z4 m40i for the price they start. Really disappointing car.

Attachments

• 011787C0-6B80-48B6-B150-777B19CC8387.jpeg
    011787C0-6B80-48B6-B150-777B19CC8387.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 22
If the m2 werenā€™t so ugly Iā€™d consider one over the Emira seeing as both will be delivered to the US market at the same time. Both are driverā€™s cars but the M2 is like 30k cheaper than an FE.

The z4 m40i however is garbage, Iā€™ve rented one on Turo for a weekend. Iā€™ve never understood the comments about flexy converible chassis till I drove one with a couple thousand miles on the clock. Iā€™d hate myself if I had bought a z4 m40i for the price they start. Really disappointing car.
hahaha, I agree... not a fan of the z4. However a 2024 Honda S2000... I may be tempted... depending on what they do with it. That car was legendary. Not as an Emira replacement... but along side.

I donā€™t believe there will be another petrol S2000, last time the Elise wiped the flaw with it too in all areas except quality control.

Modern BMWs just donā€™t do it for me. Iā€™m sure they are very capable cars, but the stereotypes of BMW owners, and the boring design language just stops me getting excited about them.

Why does BMW have to keep the same design language for every car? This whole "corporate face" thing is getting out of hand with the evolving buck teeth. For exampe, look at Chevy. You have a C8, CT5-V Blackwing, and a Camaro. None of these cars look alike. With the size of BMW I don't understand why everything needs to look similar?

Is it so that everyone will know I am driving a BMW?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back