• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

Yes but they’re nearly 4 years old and had someone else’s arse and who knows what else in there?
You’ve brought back memories of that top gear episode where they analysed dna etc in a used car and found lots of unpleasantries..

Yes but they’re nearly 4 years old and had someone else’s arse and who knows what else in there?
Plus the Honda looks like a kid has designed it and stuck everything they could find in Halfords on it 🤢

Evora FE for sale..............on ebay Germany.

LOTUS EMIRA First Edition (limited)​

135.000 € VB​

1665433511989.png

................"A Lotus EMIRA First Edition is offered, which has already been discontinued and is therefore limited.
The EMIRA has been configured exactly as shown in the photos.
Explicit equipment details will be communicated upon request.
It is still possible to change the configuration on request.
Technically, the vehicle is on the level of a Porsche Cayman GTS/GT4 - only nicer.
Current delivery date is 04/2023"...................

Last edited:
Yes get that used … regardless it’s a point on sports car and useable daily. Ultimately we have all made our decision but this post brings that decision into question given the title of it. The point I make is that there are alternatives out there that could turn heads.

Exige S3 and M2 Comp, M3 F80 and A110…. If a number start thinking twice lots of alternatives

If you don’t want to buy the Emira, you don’t need to justify your decision to bunch of strangers on a forum? Just do it 🤷‍♂️

Yes get that used … regardless it’s a point on sports car and useable daily. Ultimately we have all made our decision but this post brings that decision into question given the title of it. The point I make is that there are alternatives out there that could turn heads.

Exige S3 and M2 Comp, M3 F80 and A110…. If a number start thinking twice lots of alternatives
Do you sincerely believe that a BMW M2 would turn as many heads as a Lotus Emira? That's not a rhetorical question, btw, I'm genuinely curious. Because where I live, an M2 wouldn't get a second glance, at least not from me anyways.

I don't understand how anyone could consider an Emira and an M2 interchangeable.

Ha ha no not at all…

Subject title is “anyone thinking twice” point I made was for those thinking twice there are other options. A perfectly good daily that an M2 Comp is and A110’s or exige / Evora if some are concerned on used market prices / new pricing or general money market concerns. Suggestions / suggested already depreciated and maybe less of a risk to some as a result

Oh and “turning heads” a figure or speech I.e. may think twice etc 😉

Plus the Honda looks like a kid has designed it and stuck everything they could find in Halfords on it 🤢
I quite like the looks (I do own one though!) I feel like the extravagant, over exaggerated look is part of the appeal. It’s the best car that I have owned, just does everything so well. It might go when the Emira eventually comes though as 5 cars is probably a little too much!
FFF9D1FC-C646-4316-A2FF-E3053F7834F9.jpeg

I quite like the looks (I do own one though!) I feel like the extravagant, over exaggerated look is part of the appeal. It’s the best car that I have owned, just does everything so well. It might go when the Emira eventually comes though as 5 cars is probably a little too much!
It is a cracking car to drive, but I think at 55 years old, I would look silly and feel embarrassed to drive it?
Age and taste dependant I suppose(y)

The FK8 is a great car to drive. I daily drive one for a while before selling it for a 4C when Mrs bought SQ7.

I’ve looked at the FK8 again more recently for the driving dynamics. Put it up against a new golf R / AMG A / RS3 and it’s hard to ignore the near 50% cost difference. Makes a sensible daily albeit yes looks divide to a point. Great capable B road machine that can get your family back and forth at the same time.

71602710-245B-4E39-99BA-70CAF3600104.jpeg

This is my everyday car, a ‘18 CTR FK8 that I bought new (took some work but I finally bought one at MSRP back then). Even though I’m 54 yrs old (gulp!), I gotta say that for the money there’s no better car, at least that I’ve had/driven. It’s an amazing piece of engineering for certain! It is certainly boy-racer-y, but once behind the wheel it never crosses my mind!!

Do you sincerely believe that a BMW M2 would turn as many heads as a Lotus Emira? That's not a rhetorical question, btw, I'm genuinely curious. Because where I live, an M2 wouldn't get a second glance, at least not from me anyways.

I don't understand how anyone could consider an Emira and an M2 interchangeable.
They’re both designed as two door sports driver’s cars.

Is how much attention you get in your car really the best measure of a sports car?

View attachment 9680
This is my everyday car, a ‘18 CTR FK8 that I bought new (took some work but I finally bought one at MSRP back then). Even though I’m 54 yrs old (gulp!), I gotta say that for the money there’s no better car, at least that I’ve had/driven. It’s an amazing piece of engineering for certain! It is certainly boy-racer-y, but once behind the wheel it never crosses my mind!!
Great daily and if you hang on long enough a great collector's car!

It is a cracking car to drive, but I think at 55 years old, I would look silly and feel embarrassed to drive it?
Age and taste dependant I suppose(y)
I’m sure age could be a factor, whilst I think I’m, relatively, young (27) I wouldn’t think anything of someone older driving something like an FK8. I hope when I get to that age I’ll still be driving something like it!

View attachment 9680
I drove the last of the FK8 GT around Wales and Scotland for a couple of weeks a few years ago, I think one of the best drivers cars that has ever been built. Challenging looks personally but its an absolute weapon, I've never covered countryside as quickly.
Im strongly tempted to go for the new Type R next year over the Emira, I'd guess c1/2 the price and I think it'll be epic, with a GR86 on order the Emira might be a bit too much of a 'nice to have'.

I drove the last of the FK8 GT around Wales and Scotland for a couple of weeks a few years ago, I think one of the best drivers cars that has ever been built. Challenging looks personally but its an absolute weapon, I've never covered countryside as quickly.
Im strongly tempted to go for the new Type R next year over the Emira, I'd guess c1/2 the price and I think it'll be epic, with a GR86 on order the Emira might be a bit too much of a 'nice to have'.
I took mine around Wales, Lake District and 2 weeks in Scotland for the NC500 and it was amazing.

I quite like the look of the new Type R maybe toned down a bit too much, I’m waiting to see the price. That + a GR86 would be a pretty fantastic setup. I wanted a GR86 (and a GR Yaris to be fair) but dithered too long over placing an order because of the Emira and now the UK allocation has sold out.

When you think about the £80k+ for a FE V6 and what else you could get for the same price it does give me second thoughts. Even a Manual GR Supra + Type R would be ballpark same price as an Emira.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back