• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

The price of the USD vs EUR actually makes it a pretty good deal. I will say the Exige Cup 430 is a serious track weapon. Not a friendly daily driver at all. For raw driving feel and serious performance it would be my choice. Instant classic. I wouldn't be surprised if it fetched double that price in the US market. I don't know if there is a quicker manual sports car around a track for that price. 3.3 Sec 0-60 time in a manual is very quick.

Last edited:
She’s a beauty! I tried out an Evora 400 a few years ago & bought a 718 Cayman T instead. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Porsche, but I couldn’t get that Evora experience out of my head/heart. This led me to try out the Exige to see how it compared, but it’s impossible to compare it to anything else.

Coming from sports cars with loads of modern home comforts (Audi TT, Jag F Type & Cayman 718) I thought I’d miss the heated seats, heated steering wheel, Apple CarPlay, virtual cockpit, err even the cup holders but not one bit. I found that I’m far too busy in driving Nirvana to even think about any of that stuff.

The Exige is well worth a try!
Totally agree, when you find a car that engages all of your senses in the way that an Exige does, then you simply don't require all the trappings and unnecessary 'trinkets' of a modern car

Totally agree, when you find a car that engages all of your senses in the way that an Exige does, then you simply don't require all the trappings and unnecessary 'trinkets' of a modern car
Agreed, I have had 2 Caterhams and an S2 Elise. Not once when driving them did I think I wish they had this that and the other. I personally was to much in the zone of the driving experience to think about those things.

The longer I wait and every time I drive my Alpine I think twice. Didn’t help when I was given this as a loan car last week! Awesome to drive.

Attachments

• 6A0D08DF-2C6B-45EA-AE82-BBC7A68D1F38.jpeg
    6A0D08DF-2C6B-45EA-AE82-BBC7A68D1F38.jpeg
    621.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 86F873B9-DB8D-46B0-AA88-46391ADB753A.jpeg
    86F873B9-DB8D-46B0-AA88-46391ADB753A.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 3B26A818-CFF6-4868-A1F8-41C5D49BC5A9.jpeg
    3B26A818-CFF6-4868-A1F8-41C5D49BC5A9.jpeg
    591.7 KB · Views: 97
I went to look at an Emira alternative today.
At 8.8% Apr for a brand new RS3 is simpley ludicrous for a new car even in this day of age of inflation.
it was coming out at £40 per month more with the same deposit as my "future" Emira.
An RS3 won't be happening and I have no plan C so looks like I'll be waiting another 14/18 months or so.......

20221010_131624.jpg

I went to look at an Emira alternative today.
At 8.8% Apr for a brand new RS3 is simpley ludicrous for a new car even in this day of age of inflation.
it was coming out at £40 per month more with the same deposit as my "future" Emira.
An RS3 won't be happening and I have no plan C so looks like I'll be waiting another 14/18 months or so.......

View attachment 9661
You say that.. but I was quoted 11.1% when I was looking at an Evora GT410 at the weekend and the dealer (BMW) said this is going to rise again to 14% middle of this month. This was all underwritten by Lloyd's.
Big changes coming and this has to effect the market negatively as most people buy on finance now.
More worrying I'm not sure Lotus will be able to hold the 6.9% Apr either. We shall see if they take the hit and subsidise the 3rd party supplier.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back