• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

All those BMW times are pretty impressive. But living with that grille…

At current exchange rates, £80k is an absolute bargain!

All those BMW times are pretty impressive. But living with that grille…

At current exchange rates, £80k is an absolute bargain!
Yes, UK prices are a bargain compared to US.

At todays exchange rate 1 GBP = 1.11 USD

Very approx. back of the napkin examples for V6 FE (ignoring local fees)

Pre Tax
UK = 75995 GBP - 20% VAT = 60769 GBP = $67483
US = $93900
US Difference = +$26417

(International shipping costs have to be baked into that diff,
don't know what that costs.)

Post Tax
UK = 75995 GBP = $84354
US = $93900 + 4% car sales tax (varies by state) = $97656
US Difference = +$13303

Last edited:

Pre Tax
US = $93900
US Difference = +$26417

Post Tax
UK = 75995 GBP = $84354
US Difference = +$13303
8% tax in NY state.

Pre Tax
US = $93900
US Difference = +$26417

Post Tax
UK = 75995 GBP = $84354
US Difference = +$13303
Could easy say same about American cars.
Mustangs are an easy 40k pounds plus here and that was before the pound lost its arse

Is it me!? Are UK 2nd hand cars prices coming down already? We have quite a few of Boxsters/Cayman GTS/GT4/25th Editions on sale locally and it’s much lower than a few months ago! There are couple of 4.0 25th Edition Boxster locally for Emira FE money!

Last edited:
Is it me!? Are UK 2nd hand cars prices coming down already? We have quite a few of Boxsters/Cayman GTS/GT4/25th Editions on sale and it’s much lower than a few months ago! There are couple of 4.0 25th Edition Boxster locally for Emira FE money!
The wife was looking for a new car earlier in the year and the dealers were very “take it or leave it”. She chose to leave it, and several have rung recently to see if she was still looking.
I drove past the local Toyota dealer today and you don’t have to be an accountant to see that they have too much stock, mainly 1-2 year old Aygo’s and Yaris by the look of it.

Is it me!? Are UK 2nd hand cars prices coming down already? We have quite a few of Boxsters/Cayman GTS/GT4/25th Editions on sale and it’s much lower than a few months ago! There are couple of 4.0 25th Edition Boxster locally for Emira FE money!
nice, what Porsche dealer are you working at??

The wife was looking for a new car earlier in the year and the dealers were very “take it or leave it”. She chose to leave it, and several have rung recently to see if she was still looking.
I drove past the local Toyota dealer today and you don’t have to be an accountant to see that they have too much stock, mainly 1-2 year old Aygo’s and Yaris by the look of it.
Lotus have some stiff competitions in the used markets if prices were to tumble in the coming months…..
Used 911s / limited edition 718 GTSs / 981 GT4s…
Alfa QFs….. so much to fight off.

Lotus have some stiff competitions in the used markets if prices were to tumble in the coming months…..
Used 911s / limited edition 718 GTSs / 981 GT4s…
Alfa QFs….. so much to fight off.
Quite possibly, personally it’s the Emira or nothing for me, so no worries here.

I’m on the fence. The car feels like an exercise in compromises. It was sold to me as an Evora dialled up to 11 but it appears to be more a comfortable 9.

I’ll be looking to pick up GT410 or 430 if I can find one. History, I reckon, will judge these the better car.
I’m with you.

After a lot of soul searching, I decided to test out a few Exiges (410, 390 Final Edition & 380 Sport) & decided to jump down off the fence today.

The Emira is an absolutely stunning car & I’ve very much enjoyed the ‘ride’ with you all over the past 15 months. However, the Exige is an itch I simply have to scratch so I bought a 380 Sport in Signature orange today🏎🍊

Congratulations to the person who takes my place in the build queue. My build was DV, no black pack, black wheels, yellow calipers, tan leather, privacy glass, no home link, no tracker.

I wish you all huge amounts of fun & pleasure in your Emiras. I look forward to seeing your smiles from my rear view mirror 😜

Attachments

• 80C31CDD-AF04-4555-A658-977EF466CD10.jpeg
    80C31CDD-AF04-4555-A658-977EF466CD10.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 55F19454-AC22-4CBC-A857-CB4BA6434101.jpeg
    55F19454-AC22-4CBC-A857-CB4BA6434101.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 749E9BB9-2023-4EF6-A05A-91445EA7DE6F.jpeg
    749E9BB9-2023-4EF6-A05A-91445EA7DE6F.jpeg
    419.7 KB · Views: 95
I’m with you.

After a lot of soul searching, I decided to test out a few Exiges (410, 390 Final Edition & 380 Sport) & decided to jump down off the fence today.

The Emira is an absolutely stunning car & I’ve very much enjoyed the ‘ride’ with you all over the past 15 months. However, the Exige is an itch I simply have to scratch so I bought a 380 Sport in Signature orange today🏎🍊

Congratulations to the person who takes my place in the build queue. My build was DV, no black pack, black wheels, yellow calipers, tan leather, privacy glass, no home link, no tracker.

I wish you all huge amounts of fun & pleasure in your Emiras. I look forward to seeing your smiles from my rear view mirror 😜
Nice very nice, love that.
You will be happy with that for sure!
I went to check out an Evora GT410 today, but do wonder if I could live with an even rawer Exige.... 🥰
I just want 'something' now, it's been too long!
20221008_124936.jpg

Last edited:
Nice very nice, love that.
You will be happy with that for sure!
I went to check out an Evora GT410 today, but do wonder if I could live with an even rawer Exige.... 🥰
I just want 'something' now, it's been too long!View attachment 9576
She’s a beauty! I tried out an Evora 400 a few years ago & bought a 718 Cayman T instead. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Porsche, but I couldn’t get that Evora experience out of my head/heart. This led me to try out the Exige to see how it compared, but it’s impossible to compare it to anything else.

Coming from sports cars with loads of modern home comforts (Audi TT, Jag F Type & Cayman 718) I thought I’d miss the heated seats, heated steering wheel, Apple CarPlay, virtual cockpit, err even the cup holders but not one bit. I found that I’m far too busy in driving Nirvana to even think about any of that stuff.

The Exige is well worth a try!

I’m with you.

If I could get an Exige in Canada, I would have done the same. Beauty! Enjoy the drive.

She’s a beauty! I tried out an Evora 400 a few years ago & bought a 718 Cayman T instead. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Porsche, but I couldn’t get that Evora experience out of my head/heart. This led me to try out the Exige to see how it compared, but it’s impossible to compare it to anything else.

Coming from sports cars with loads of modern home comforts (Audi TT, Jag F Type & Cayman 718) I thought I’d miss the heated seats, heated steering wheel, Apple CarPlay, virtual cockpit, err even the cup holders but not one bit. I found that I’m far too busy in driving Nirvana to even think about any of that stuff.

The Exige is well worth a try!
I would trade my Emira for the Exige 380 in a heartbeat!!

I would trade my Emira for the Exige 380 in a heartbeat!!
At least in the US you can import the final Exige 430 Cup. It's allowed under the "bill gates" rule of rare and special cars importable. I would have done it if I could. I searched, there are a few for sale in Europe.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back