• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

The economy and £s tanking in the UK and the inevitable interest rates rising, and the extended supply chains led delays, anyone here in the UK having second thoughts on the Emira purchase?

For me, I’m still in, but that really depends on interest rates not being crazy high and how my other investments are doing to be honest! It’s a real shame Lotus has been caught bang in a middle of the economics woes!
No. Not second guessing my decision at all. Looking forward to taking delivery. No matter how long the wait.

It's difficult for a thread about finances and the economy to avoid crossing over into politics, but please keep posts non-political. I have removed posts the admin/moderator team felt were inappropriate, and posts quoting or replying to those posts.
It's a struggle with so much material to work with but ok... at least you don't toss me in jail like Fakebook..:)

Still in. Second guessed many times. I have so long to wait(Or do I now that it seems people are dropping like flies?), I'd really like to let the final decision wait until I can take it for a test drive.

Rich man’s folly changing a gear set on a $80k p car
If I find a perfect CPO, my fav is an 18-19 911T. I’m in zero hurry but I gotta pull the trigger before moms talks me into a bigger boat

UxSGngD.jpg
I'm soooo coming over for a beer and a boat ride 🍻

What new sports cars are you seeing being launched since the Emira that you see as moving things forward? Genuinely interested, as all I see coming out are fast mainstream saloons and coupes, not sports cars.
Ford Mustang Dark Horse GT 2024 V8 500hp
Nissan Z- 400HP
Porches 911 GT 3 -500 HP
Corvette Z06 V8 -670HP
BMW M4 ,M5
Mercedes Benz AMG Gt

Last edited:
The economy and £s tanking in the UK and the inevitable interest rates rising, and the extended supply chains led delays, anyone here in the UK having second thoughts on the Emira purchase?

For me, I’m still in, but that really depends on interest rates not being crazy high and how my other investments are doing to be honest! It’s a real shame Lotus has been caught bang in a middle of the economics woes!
On all seriousness, I will make a final decision on the Emira after I test drive it, right now is up in the air, I may be the first one to pull the deposit...

For me, probably a few factors that will determine whether I take the Emira FE.
- Im due a Toyota GR86 soon, will I feel the need for another coupe / 2 new cars within a year?
- Job/economy etc, self employed/contractor can lead to some shaky times when the economy falters.
- My mortgage fixed rate ends next summer so will depend whether I pay down that with the Emira money or what rate I get that enables both
- In 2008 and I hope we're not heading that way, the sports car market crashed for c1 year and you could get some great deals on used, when times are tough, 2nd/3rd weekend cars are the first for the non rich to offload.
Keeping my finger in the pie:
- Last of a line manual, non EV/Hybrid, hydraulic steering sports car
- Will I regret not having one if the chance allows in 2-5 years etc...
- Base costs and options might enable Emira ownership at a lower price point.

Lets face it the world is looking very different from when the Emira launched at Goodwood 2021!

For me, probably a few factors that will determine whether I take the Emira FE.
- Im due a Toyota GR86 soon, will I feel the need for another coupe / 2 new cars within a year?
- Job/economy etc, self employed/contractor can lead to some shaky times when the economy falters.
- My mortgage fixed rate ends next summer so will depend whether I pay down that with the Emira money or what rate I get that enables both
- In 2008 and I hope we're not heading that way, the sports car market crashed for c1 year and you could get some great deals on used, when times are tough, 2nd/3rd weekend cars are the first for the non rich to offload.
Keeping my finger in the pie:
- Last of a line manual, non EV/Hybrid, hydraulic steering sports car
- Will I regret not having one if the chance allows in 2-5 years etc...
- Base costs and options might enable Emira ownership at a lower price point.

Lets face it the world is looking very different from when the Emira launched at Goodwood 2021!
Thats the concern for me, the used market drops and all of a sudden there's a lot of tasty cars for 80ish k cars that currently are residing at 95k +. I do remembe rin 2008 I had just bought a 6 month old BM630i for 46k (a saving on list). Within 6 months my money would have bought me a used 1 1/2 year old Aston Vantage - such was the decline of the used car market then.