• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

Enjoy! Good to try different cars at least! And you have plenty of time to try a few more 😉 😅
So had a little demo of the Mighty Yaris GR - nice little Fun motor. There are circa 100 2021 and 47 from 2022 lots of private sellers trying to 💰 with a top price of £42k certainly would not pay over list price for a car
Between that and the Mini John Copper works Mini tops it overall as feel like the inside of Mini was a nicer place to be and sounded louder. I am actually starting to think even though I’ve ordered manual Emira I think I still prefer auto with paddle shifters - maybe I should change to the i4 ?

Attachments

• 0F2B94E2-13D8-4DC6-8D4E-E555656258BC.jpeg
    0F2B94E2-13D8-4DC6-8D4E-E555656258BC.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 33
  • A8CA1B3C-9088-4D04-84C2-924F4870B78C.jpeg
    A8CA1B3C-9088-4D04-84C2-924F4870B78C.jpeg
    426.9 KB · Views: 34
So had a little demo of the Mighty Yaris GR - nice little Fun motor. There are circa 100 2021 and 47 from 2022 lots of private sellers trying to 💰 with a top price of £42k certainly would not pay over list price for a car
Between that and the Mini John Copper works Mini tops it overall as feel like the inside of Mini was a nicer place to be and sounded louder. I am actually starting to think even though I’ve ordered manual Emira I think I still prefer auto with paddle shifters - maybe I should change to the i4 ?
The Mini does have a better quality interior but for driving the Yaris GR is pretty good. I had a deposit down for a delivery in 2021 but pulled it when i gathered my thoughts together. They are a great Q car.

I4 enlightened? Join the I4 gang!

Nice. You took the comfort one out though! 😉😋

I'm honestly starting to wonder what the advantage is in keeping my deposit down at this point. I am not getting an FE. I know this.

I also know the wait for a base spec will be long. But with UK FE cars now being pushed out until June '23 in some cases, what is that going to do to US cars?

So I honestly am asking...how does keeping a deposit down really benefit me? In one to one and a half years from now, which is when I anticipate base US cars to be delivered, will there still be a demand? Will they be that hard to get anymore? Will used ones be available? I could probably just order one when/if I'm ready, right? I can't see this frenzy lasting another year, year and a half.

Next on my hit list to demo BMW 2 series 3.0 M240 xdrive, although struggling to find a demo. Anyone driven one ?
I’m keeping a careful 👁 on vantage prices - although I said I wouldn’t be spending arm n 🦵 on car again for w/e toy 🧸

Attachments

• 6A549877-1967-46EC-81A6-557FF082C93F.jpeg
    6A549877-1967-46EC-81A6-557FF082C93F.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 26
Next on my hit list to demo BMW 2 series 3.0 M240 xdrive, although struggling to find a demo. Anyone driven one ?
I’m keeping a careful 👁 on vantage prices - although I said I wouldn’t be spending arm n 🦵 on car again for w/e toy 🧸
No but they look amazing in person and on paper. Only the price that puts me off.

No but they look amazing in person and on paper. Only the price that puts me off.
Yaris GR £40k (over list prices )
Alpine £55k
Mini 306bhp John Cooper
Works Countryman £43k
Golf R £50k
BMW Mi240 £50k - £55k
Audi RS3 £68k - £73k
You can’t order RS3 again prices are already increasing again way over list

Last edited:
Porsche called today. We can build your 718 GTS in Jan but your Bose option will be deleted as we can't get volume supplies of amps ( it will be in other models with it as standard spec). Can you retrofit it? No. What percentage of 718 HAVE Bose.......usually about 90%. All sounds familiar! Pun not intended
having had the Bose in the car, I appreciate people want it.. but its blind as the quality in sound is not much if any different......
maybe loose 2 k on resale value... but it costs about 1.2k to get bose anyway..
Personally, I'd go for it without....
same as I'd not get Kef in the emira if it was a choice as no one at all has said its great.... at best...decent

sorry, haven't seen any - but in a M440i currently (yes the piggy face one), but can vouch for the 3.0 engine and xdrive being incredibly potent all things considered, so image with the weight saving on M240, these would be great fun. Sadly only thing with BMW is you have to get over the looks these days, otherwise, very strong and well built

Alpine £55k
Mini 306bhp John Cooper
Works Countryman £43k
Golf R £50k
BMW Mi240 £50k - £55k
Audi RS3 £68k - £73k
I have 5 friends who bought the Yaris GR. Two are racing drivers, one won Le Mans in a LMP car. So they can handle a car, I guess. All say it's a hoot and intend keeping them. One recently went on tour with his wife and two sets of golf clubs, its big in the back, so its also practical......but £40k.....they all paid about £35 iirc. Another went a Mclaren day out and they couldn't shake him off across the York Moors.

I have 5 friends who bought the Yaris GR. Two are racing drivers, one won Le Mans in a LMP car. So they can handle a car, I guess. All say it's a hoot and intend keeping them. One recently went on tour with his wife and two sets of golf clubs, its big in the back, so its also practical......but £40k.....they all paid about £35 iirc. Another went a Mclaren day out and they couldn't shake him off across the York Moors.
But the GR Yaris doesn't feel special. Hence why I'm here 😭

But the GR Yaris doesn't feel special. Hence why I'm here 😭
This is the problem - the Emira looks so darn good and sexy with great road presence, if they was something which ticked all our boxes for similar 💰a lot of us would of left a long time ago - but there isn’t so we’re hanging on till test drives at least to know is she still deffo worth waiting for …..

Alpine £55k
Mini 306bhp John Cooper
Works Countryman £43k
Golf R £50k
BMW Mi240 £50k - £55k
Audi RS3 £68k - £73k
They are all crazy prices.
You would get a nice very low mileage GR for 33k mind which seems like a bargain in current climate. The rest bar the Alpine just aren't nice enough for a weekender in my humble opinion

Agree, GR Yaris is a bit of a bargain in terms of performance and running costs. I do struggle with justifying 1 Emira FE being worth 2 of them 😬
Almost 3 of them at FE level.... You could have an Alpine A110 and a GR Yaris. Which I'm thinking may be a good driveway option

Just received this. April now turned into July 23! FFS not sure how much of this I can take.

I’m seriously in two minds now on pulling the plug. No confidence in it going further back. It’s not unrealistic to think with current production that this could be Autumn 23.

FYI deposit 8th July 21 i4

Attachments

• D3AF07EB-2F38-4A26-BD75-DB598F79FF1F.png
    D3AF07EB-2F38-4A26-BD75-DB598F79FF1F.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 34
Just received this. April now turned into July 23! FFS not sure how much of this I can take.

I’m seriously in two minds now on pulling the plug. No confidence in it going further back. It’s not unrealistic to think with current production that this could be Autumn 23.

FYI deposit 8th July 21 i4
If I was a betting man it will definitely go back by at least a month. Especially autos...

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back