• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

I thought about it but nothing else at that price point looks as good. If I could I would maybe get a 992.2 GTS manual.
Nice car but the reason why I am getting the Emira is that too many Porsches on the road now and a common car in Canada. Emira, for me, will be a great back country car and daily driver as I love the shifter in the Evora and the way Lotus handles on the road with driver feedback. I drove many Porsches and as great as they are, the new ones just do not have the same connected feeling as a 997.2.

So here’s were my thinking is today but remember I’m from Venus so I’m changeable on at least daily basis dependent on wind direction 🤭. This long wait has given us too much time to procrastinate, enthusiasm to wane & frustration with Lotus to grow.
Top 2 FUN cars were the Alpine and Mini JCW 306bhp all wheel drive. For practically Mini has the edge due to 4 seats. Yes no road presence but am I willing to pay almost extra £40k to get Sexy looks and have something rare ish on road for my 3k miles a year that I do 🤔 apart from all my NE Emira buddies lol 😝 I have been a car poser all my life it’s my special place but maybe it’s time to hang that hat 👒 up !
I think I am for the first time in my
life turning a corner of doing something more sensible as another investment 🧱 / mortar has presented itself.
Customer service at Mini so far brilliant and so refreshing I actually feel like a customer ✅🤗
I might wait till all the fuss dies down and pick a base one or used one in a few year - as I still have concerns of quality/ issues with living so far away from dealer.
Been automatic for donkies now I’m actually starting to think 🤔 maybe I’m fully converted and having both hands on steering wheel with paddles is my preference. From hearing that it’s not a slick but mechanical box and my test ride of the Evora I certainly didn’t like the heavy clutch.
Of course ALL this could all change on test drive if I’m blown away and like an excitable 🐇🐇🐇 of course I’ll still get her but from reading ALL the reviews I’m still 60 - 40 as I know I like torque and the little mini and Alpine had this.
Two things stick in my mind Lotus as a company total lack of customer care which has shown thro across numerous areas. 🚩🚩🚩
Old technology tarted up in a new frock 👗👘🥻
Maybe only one more week and I will know my fate 🤔

So here’s were my thinking is today but remember I’m from Venus so I’m changeable on at least daily basis dependent on wind direction 🤭. This long wait has given us too much time to procrastinate, enthusiasm to wane & frustration with Lotus to grow.
Top 2 FUN cars were the Alpine and Mini JCW 306bhp all wheel drive. For practically Mini has the edge due to 4 seats. Yes no road presence but am I willing to pay almost extra £40k to get Sexy looks and have something rare ish on road for my 3k miles a year that I do 🤔 apart from all my NE Emira buddies lol 😝 I have been a car poser all my life it’s my special place but maybe it’s time to hang that hat 👒 up !
I think I am for the first time in my
life turning a corner of doing something more sensible as another investment 🧱 / mortar has presented itself.
Customer service at Mini so far brilliant and so refreshing I actually feel like a customer ✅🤗
I might wait till all the fuss dies down and pick a base one or used one in a few year - as I still have concerns of quality/ issues with living so far away from dealer.
Been automatic for donkies now I’m actually starting to think 🤔 maybe I’m fully converted and having both hands on steering wheel with paddles is my preference. From hearing that it’s not a slick but mechanical box and my test ride of the Evora I certainly didn’t like the heavy clutch.
Of course ALL this could all change on test drive if I’m blown away and like an excitable 🐇🐇🐇 of course I’ll still get her but from reading ALL the reviews I’m still 60 - 40 as I know I like torque and the little mini and Alpine had this.
Two things stick in my mind Lotus as a company total lack of customer care which has shown thro across numerous areas. 🚩🚩🚩
Old technology tarted up in a new frock 👗👘🥻
Maybe only one more week and I will know my fate 🤔
You could have a DCT Alpine and a second hand manual mini GP as a daily for same price as Emira... 👀

You could have a DCT Alpine and a second hand manual mini GP as a daily for same price as Emira... 👀
Leonard I think with the mini GP I wud deffo end up in the bush - I’ve watched numerous u tubes and they say it’s almost dangerous you can literally see them fighting with the wheel you need 200% attention driving it - with my age now my attention span has decreased a a NAT 🪰 I also suffer road rage 😤 so not a great combination for driving the GP even though it does look so cool 😎

I find myself looking up Autotrader for AMG GTs….. or I might be lured into a BMW dealer soon….
that Dec 2023 production date is not doing Lotus any favours…

Heck, I’m even looking at BBR MX-5 conversions!

Last edited:
Leonard I think with the mini GP I wud deffo end up in the bush - I’ve watched numerous u tubes and they say it’s almost dangerous you can literally see them fighting with the wheel you need 200% attention driving it - with my age now my attention span has decreased a a NAT 🪰 I also suffer road rage 😤 so not a great combination for driving the GP even though it does look so cool 😎
Alpine/Yaris combo for the win then 🤣
Have you driven the 240i yet?
I can see you doing that, looking at the price and then considering the M2 before then looking at the price and buying an M4 😅

I’m liking the A110 at the moment and now I have to wait until July 23 (earliest no doubt with likely delays given what we have experienced to date) could well be tempted. Or an AMG GT for the 12 months

I’m liking the A110 at the moment and now I have to wait until July 23 (earliest no doubt with likely delays given what we have experienced to date) could well be tempted. Or an AMG GT for the 12 months
Least folk know about sizeable delays now so can get interim cars as required 🙂
GT be lovely

Alpine/Yaris combo for the win then 🤣
Have you driven the 240i yet?
I can see you doing that, looking at the price and then considering the M2 before then looking at the price and buying an M4 😅
Yes think maybe the ugly child M2 maybe the spot but not prepared to wait till then and you won’t get a penny off straight away. My M4 was a list of £86k ish and I got mine as a pre reg with no miles for £72k or £74k
Unfortunately no local dealers have 240i X drive in to try and yes for similar money is a much better looking car vs Mini . When I popped into Mini a customer car 240i was there full carbon looked nice 😊 - but will it be as much Fun to drive as the mini 🤔

The main problem here and why majority doubting Emira purchase is due to the delays, I started to feel this in myself also the hype is dying down in me, everything going for worse, some good deals also started to show in the market, M2 released recently, Z06 started production, Porsche made 911 T.... You get the point.

As time goes forward the hype dies, more competition appear, used car prices go down, you see enough of Emira on internet that you get bored of it, I know this feeling.

But I'm still in for one no matter the delay, unless they start pissing me off 🤣

Yes think maybe the ugly child M2 maybe the spot but not prepared to wait till then and you won’t get a penny off straight away. My M4 was a list of £86k ish and I got mine as a pre reg with no miles for £72k or £74k
Unfortunately no local dealers have 240i X drive in to try and yes for similar money is a much better looking car vs Mini . When I popped into Mini a customer car 240i was there full carbon looked nice 😊 - but will it be as much Fun to drive as the mini 🤔
Have you tried a last gen M2 Comp?

Have you tried a last gen M2 Comp?
I was thinking about one of these last night as I had an older M2 3-4 years ago as a daily great fun to be honest and nicely built. The comp was in the 110 pot of consideration
FD2340AA-8A06-4EEB-B379-FB788A1F56D2.jpeg

Lovely this Leonard… only issue for me would be I would want to
Drive it without fear of putting loads of miles on it and loosing big bucks. A normal comp with the carbon, big brakes etc would do me

Danny Behar came in for some criticism when he was at Lotus some years ago but he now heads Ares in Modena and this is their S1 Project
https___www.aresdesign.com_static_commons_imgs_s1-project-gallery-ext-03-n.jpg

I have just ordered a 718 GTS for Jan 23 build and March 1st delivery. PDK, 18 way sports seats, leather/alcantara , Burmester Audio ( no Bose) etc.....about £83k. I sold a GT4 earlier in the year when Lotus confirmed July build for my FEV6 Auto, so I know what I'm getting into(car wise). There are a number of attractions with the GTS, the naturally aspirated engine is a star, the seats and interior is a pleasant place to be, the engine is in the right place, the PDK is both smooth and fast. It's not a looker like the Emira but it is, relatively, compact. Steering is good but not in the Lotus class. The PDK 718 IS 4 seconds 60MPH. 2.6 seconds 50 t0 75 mph.

So my Emira may get built in April. If it does, then I will need to decide if stops or if it goes. Sorry for the pun.

I have just ordered a 718 GTS for Jan 23 build and March 1st delivery. PDK, 18 way sports seats, leather/alcantara , Burmester Audio ( no Bose) etc.....about £83k. I sold a GT4 earlier in the year when Lotus confirmed July build for my FEV6 Auto, so I know what I'm getting into(car wise). There are a number of attractions with the GTS, the naturally aspirated engine is a star, the seats and interior is a pleasant place to be, the engine is in the right place, the PDK is both smooth and fast. It's not a looker like the Emira but it is, relatively, compact. Steering is good but not in the Lotus class. The PDK 718 IS 4 seconds 60MPH. 2.6 seconds 50 t0 75 mph.

So my Emira may get built in April. If it does, then I will need to decide if stops or if it goes. Sorry for the pun.
We moved into a Boxster 25 year model, as you say, the Emira has the looks but there are quite a few more elements in the equation. Familiarity, size, support etc. etc.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back