• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

Your Main concerns about the Aston also apply to the Lotus, correct? So if that was enough to dissuade you from that car, how would you have ever been comfortable buying an Emira in the first place? :cautious:
You just keep after me, just because my review didn't concur with yours. We all have opinions, most are different. This was one of my factors for canceling Emira deposit, and it is rational seeing how they can barely crank out 100 cars that are 3+ months behind schedule. If I damaged a wheel or needed something repaired I may have had to wait months for a replacement and miss another driving season.

You just keep after me, just because my review didn't concur with yours. We all have opinions, most are different. This was one of my factors for canceling Emira deposit, and it is rational seeing how they can barely crank out 100 cars that are 3+ months behind schedule. If I damaged a wheel or needed something repaired I may have had to wait months for a replacement and miss another driving season.
@NicolasB You are not wrong for thinking this. When picking your next sports car, the service, dealer experience, company ethos and CS all matter. It is a very important question. For example, I really enjoyed the Emira drive and I am excited to get mine, however I would never own a Lotus as my only vehicle. I just don't have that kind of faith in it's operations in North America, yet. I hope that changes, but so far, it is not looking promising.

You bring up an important fact, ownership experience matters.

It’s started to depreciate already but I’m still still in 👍

Attachments

• 9C07EE1A-023A-4F3D-96E3-124454F2774B.png
    9C07EE1A-023A-4F3D-96E3-124454F2774B.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 60
They are a lovely car.
Fact they were 40k 2 years ago busts my balls too much to commit to at that money 😅
Agree with you on this one, I fancied a 981 GTS but current prices are at or near the top of the curve.

Brings back memories of test driving the Impreza vs Evo 8 - and of course I bought the Evo 8 didn’t like the turbo lag in the Impreza

Attachments

• 08F2A2B9-D0DC-492E-8D86-23353CD71D92.jpeg
    08F2A2B9-D0DC-492E-8D86-23353CD71D92.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 19
I love my Yaris, easily the fastest car on a B road I've ever been in. Drove it on a nearly 3h drive (according to Google Maps) home from Fort William on hilly highland roads, did it in 2h 18 on a clear run on a dry day, one of the best drives of my life! And it makes a satisfying "psshh" when you let off the throttle. Well worth a test drive!
and you sit so high up, you can see over the top of the highlands... haha

Anybody watching the Porsche Cayman GT4 RS on top gear?
not since the current 3 idiots joined..not watched one episode...Chris is ok, although tries a bit too hard on there...the other two... NOOOOO.... will go watch Harrys, new video on the best car on the road instead haha

and you sit so high up, you can see over the top of the highlands... haha

I have the seat as low as it will go, and when I sit up straight my head touches the roof, so you're not wrong!

I have the seat as low as it will go, and when I sit up straight my head touches the roof, so you're not wrong!
i know...one reason why I didnt keep it.....
other reasons, awful, awful interior...
its a toyota....which as my friend said... no me pega bien.... which means, it doesnt suit me..(car snob)
its a yobs car...and Im too old to be one of them.....
The honda E I had was so much better in everyway..... it never stood a chance.

Rest my case....

not since the current 3 idiots joined..not watched one episode...Chris is ok, although tries a bit too hard on there...the other two... NOOOOO.... will go watch Harrys, new video on the best car on the road instead haha
GT3 Touring...Harry...

its a "joy to drive" "a drivers delight"....."Ive enjoyed my time in this car immensely" .. ."fantastic"
he likes the Emira.. but you can tell he loves the touring..... who wouldnt..... my aspiration..... case arrested

@NicolasB You are not wrong for thinking this. When picking your next sports car, the service, dealer experience, company ethos and CS all matter. It is a very important question. For example, I really enjoyed the Emira drive and I am excited to get mine, however I would never own a Lotus as my only vehicle. I just don't have that kind of faith in it's operations in North America, yet. I hope that changes, but so far, it is not looking promising.

You bring up an important fact, ownership experience matters
Yep parts and reliability are always a consideration when buying a low numbered production car. I used to repair commercial blueprint equipment that had a lot of mfg specific parts. When I went independent I discovered that I could source many parts from manufacturers and could have some parts custom made. If I somehow ruin a rim that'll be an excuse to buy new wheels..:) You're right though I'd never own a car like this as my only transportation!! Some things like a windshield will have to be sourced from Lotus.....for the time being. I know it didn't take long for other windshield mfgs to make replacement glass for my Corvette.

GT3 Touring...Harry...

its a "joy to drive" "a drivers delight"....."Ive enjoyed my time in this car immensely" .. ."fantastic"
he likes the Emira.. but you can tell he loves the touring..... who wouldnt..... my aspiration..... case arrested
Saw the episode today too. "Aspirational" is the exact word I used. What a car!

Saw the episode today too. "Aspirational" is the exact word I used. What a car!
im a bit let down with the rear design....thats what put me off my allocation and foolishly cancelled it .....
nothings perfect, but that car is close enough!

im a bit let down with the rear design....thats what put me off my allocation and foolishly cancelled it .....
nothings perfect, but that car is close enough!
If you sell your ridiculously good looking classic 911, then you have to get another allocation on the Touring. It is probably the one car you could have for life, drive daily and never feel the urge to change

If you sell your ridiculously good looking classic 911, then you have to get another allocation on the Touring. It is probably the one car you could have for life, drive daily and never feel the urge to change
yes, but in spain, even selling my beautiful bride, 911, will not be enough to get the insanely expensive touring.... but where there is a will......
i just dont know if I want to be that Porsche guy..... you know, designer faded jeans, italian sports sneakers.... ray ban or even worse, porsche sun glasses.....
Still, thats better than being the overweight ferrari guy I guess... haha

yes, but in spain, even selling my beautiful bride, 911, will not be enough to get the insanely expensive touring.... but where there is a will......
i just dont know if I want to be that Porsche guy..... you know, designer faded jeans, italian sports sneakers.... ray ban or even worse, porsche sun glasses.....
Still, thats better than being the overweight ferrari guy I guess... haha
Pretty sure you are already that man ha ha 😂

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back