• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Apple car play and Bluetooth

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I first got my car I connected to Bluetooth for the Apple car play without issue and 9 months later I can only get it to work if it’s plugged in with a cable. I reported it and was told they are not sure and to use the cable.
Does anyone else have this issue or even better know a fix?

I have the opposite, as in I can only connect with Bluetooth for Android Auto. I've tried several different cables in both of the USB sockets in the armrest to no avail.
The only issue is that the Bluetooth connection drops every now and then, annoying as I use the phone for navigation. A quick off/on for Bluetooth in the connection settings gets it going again but I'd rather not be doing it hence I would prefer a cable connection.

When I first got my car I connected to Bluetooth for the Apple car play without issue and 9 months later I can only get it to work if it’s plugged in with a cable. I reported it and was told they are not sure and to use the cable.
Does anyone else have this issue or even better know a fix?
Mine has also stopped working via bluetooth... I don't have a fix, so all I can offer is reassurance that you're not alone!

Mine has also stopped working via bluetooth... I don't have a fix, so all I can offer is reassurance that you're not alone!
Well I guess being a Lotus owner I can safely say I’m not alone with any of my issues. 😂

It should work if you manually disconnect bluetooth and connect again 2-3 times. It’s bonkers.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back