• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Are any i4 owners considering an oil change after running in?

yeah, sounds super sensible.

thanks for the tip about Bell and Colvill. could be a nice drive to head across and get the oils refreshed - do they use all the good quality ones?

also, do you know if there's any way to update the software yourself from home?
I didn't ask to be honest but I'd expect they'd be the one recommended by Mercedes.

I don't think you can DIY update the software as only Lotus have the source code. I've had a few panic moments home applying maps in previous cars where I thought I'd bricked it so I wouldn't want to go there again.

On a related note, I'm going to bug Lotus CC about getting a map update to 400bhp given it's becoming more the norm with the US rollout. I doubt it'll come to anything but the more i4 owners that raise it, the more they might listen?

yeah, totally worth trying!

what's your pitch on this one when you call them up?

what's your pitch on this one when you call them up?
Ha ha! You make it sound like Dragon's Den. I'm not sure I have a compelling argument other than to ask if they will offer the upgrade given that's being made the default now in the US too. At the end of the day, we got what we paid for I suppose but it doesn't stop you wanting more :)

Ha ha! You make it sound like Dragon's Den. I'm not sure I have a compelling argument other than to ask if they will offer the upgrade given that's being made the default now in the US too. At the end of the day, we got what we paid for I suppose but it doesn't stop you wanting more :)
Yeah OK! I read some rumours about the 400bhp in the USA but didn't know if it was real or not..

I'm going into the garage next week to try and fix an engine warning light that has popped up after only 3 weeks.. can certainly ask them whilst I'm in the garage if they can update the engine maps and see what happens :)