• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Baggy seat base

Really like the diamond pleating. Wish that was an option.
These were even better - now do you do feel like somewhere really special getting into these - although the high sides will start to show wear and tear - maybe Lotus will offer buckets in the future

Attachments

• 09D2C5DD-114A-4CBB-AB52-2187BE39B116.jpeg
    09D2C5DD-114A-4CBB-AB52-2187BE39B116.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 113
  • 4C18DACC-053E-4420-B1BD-CCF64A874D9E.jpeg
    4C18DACC-053E-4420-B1BD-CCF64A874D9E.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 110
What do you all think about the Alcantara trimmed seats? Will they show a similar behaviour or won't it be a problem as Alcantara has a more elastic behaviour?

Alcantara will hold up exponentially better than leather. But it looks drab and the crunch can be annoying.

Is it a coincidence that all the examples I have seen so far are tan🤔? Anyone know if the alcantara trim have the same issue?

These were even better - now do you do feel like somewhere really special getting into these - although the high sides will start to show wear and tear - maybe Lotus will offer buckets in the future
Yes please!!!!!

Yeah, if my tan leather seat looks like that after 400 miles, Lotus is replacing the seat. I have 2 Porsches with leather (18 way adjustable sport seats) not the buckets, one with 70K miles, the other with 4500 miles, no sagging what so ever. Had a 2014 Aston Martin Vantage S. Finer leather than Lotus is likely using given it was their highest grade version. The base of the seat had 2 lines of stitching down the middle of the seat, either side of the stitching had a large piece of leather. No sagging during the 8800 miles I had it. 2011 M3 coupe, 66K miles put on it, no sagging of that sort, etc.

That is not normal due to wear and tear at 400 miles... Lotus can't claim that's "normal for leather" when dozens of other high end car makers don't have it happening to their seats immediately after sitting in them.

What do you all think about the Alcantara trimmed seats? Will they show a similar behaviour or won't it be a problem as Alcantara has a more elastic behaviour?
I'm not so sure, the carbon buckets in my porsche had Alcantara and that was a little creased and saggy tbh, had 16k mls on it

Last edited:
Sat in these in my mates m3 touring last week, really nice seat from bmw.

I find that the BMW and Porsche buckets look terrific but are absolutely impractical unless the car is purely a weekend toy or track day car. In a daily or semi-daily they quickly become a nuisance.

I wouldn't say there's much in it tbh, the base if those ferrari buckets is quite well padded, really comfortable seat.
I find that the BMW and Porsche buckets look terrific but are absolutely impractical unless the car is purely a weekend toy or track day car. In a daily or semi-daily they quickly become a nuisance.
Agree. My neighbor has a G80 and it's laughable to see him get in and then up an over over that center thing close to the private parts.

I had no problem dailying the porsche buckets tbh. I'm pretty flexible though 😁

I had no problem dailying the porsche buckets tbh. I'm pretty flexible though 😁
At 5'2" I can't even imagine having to get in and out of Porsche buckets all the time. C
I considered a GT4 with buckets and between the sliding the manual seat forward and back and the high bolsters, it was super awkward.
There's a reason people buy bolster protectors.

At 5'2" I can't even imagine having to get in and out of Porsche buckets all the time. C
I considered a GT4 with buckets and between the sliding the manual seat forward and back and the high bolsters, it was super awkward.
There's a reason people buy bolster protectors.
I am 6ft2 and have no problem with the Porsche buckets. At first it seemed tricky but everyone finds their way of entry and exit! Once in I find them as comfy as "normal" sports seats.

The Porsche buckets are AMAZING once in.. but are painful if you get the entry wrong.

I had had a look at my 3 leather seated cars:

Ferrari - 15 years old - very mild sag, no crease
Bentley - 14 years old - ditto
C63 - 7 years old - 100% perfect

So... yeah, Lotus has an issue. 🫢

The Porsche buckets are AMAZING once in.. but are painful if you get the entry wrong.

I had had a look at my 3 leather seated cars:

Ferrari - 15 years old - very mild sag, no crease
Bentley - 14 years old - ditto
C63 - 7 years old - 100% perfect

So... yeah, Lotus has an issue. 🫢
All the demo cars seats were baggy. That was my first impression and 1 car had only done 800 miles. I think alcantara is the way to go with the Emira to save baggy seat!

I am 6ft2 and have no problem with the Porsche buckets. At first it seemed tricky but everyone finds their way of entry and exit! Once in I find them as comfy as "normal" sports seats.
Well it probably is easier for you to get in and out at 6'2". At my height, I have to scooch the seat up all the way just to get the clutch pushed in. Then getting out is a bit awkward cause the steering wheel is right there, so seat needs to be scooched back a bit. Then getting short legs up and over the bolsters.
Just not my idea of fun if there are other options. To each his own. Again, they do look amazing!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back