• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Custom MagSafe Wireless Charger

Hey guys, I’ve been out these last few days for LOG43 but I’m back in town now. I’ll post some updates on the chargers tomorrow!

Updated list:

1. @alxcrlsn - what phone do you have?
2. @LSemira - iPhone 15pro
3. @Sandalwood - Pixel 8 Pro
4. @Idalee07 - 16 pro max
5 @vishalshahis - what phone do you have?

@Strmshdow84 I have not checked fitment for Galaxy fold phones, give me some time to look into that. Do you use a case, if so, which one?
@Gooner yes, I can ship to the UK but it will add $70 to the price to cover shipping

Now for the updates:

- This concerns Apple users only. I purchased Apple's new faster 25W charger and installed it in my car. It did not work. It seems the CoolGear USB power supply is having issues negotiating the right voltage profile needed by the new MagSafe charger. I am working with the guys from CoolGear on this and hopefully we will have a solution soon. My theory is that this is just a programming issue but we will see.

- If you don't have an iPhone 16 you will not benefit from the new MagSage Charger, older iPhones will charge at the same rate regardless of which MagSafe charger you use. If you do not want to wait I can put together a kit with the previous gen charger.

Updated list:

1. @alxcrlsn - what phone do you have?
2. @LSemira - iPhone 15pro
3. @Sandalwood - Pixel 8 Pro
4. @Idalee07 - 16 pro max
5 @vishalshahis - what phone do you have?

@Strmshdow84 I have not checked fitment for Galaxy fold phones, give me some time to look into that. Do you use a case, if so, which one?
@Gooner yes, I can ship to the UK but it will add $70 to the price to cover shipping

Now for the updates:

- This concerns Apple users only. I purchased Apple's new faster 25W charger and installed it in my car. It did not work. It seems the CoolGear USB power supply is having issues negotiating the right voltage profile needed by the new MagSafe charger. I am working with the guys from CoolGear on this and hopefully we will have a solution soon. My theory is that this is just a programming issue but we will see.

- If you don't have an iPhone 16 you will not benefit from the new MagSage Charger, older iPhones will charge at the same rate regardless of which MagSafe charger you use. If you do not want to wait I can put together a kit with the previous gen charger.
I don’t need to rapid charge. I just don’t want my phone to die in the car

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back