• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

DIY - Oil Change Reference for 2GR-FE

I have the ratchet and its great but very easy to over torque to 30ft lbs til it stops. If you have it set to tighten by mistake on a small fastener you'll regret it. (Done that more than once) I'd highly recommend their M12 cordless screwdriver/driver (or similar brand if have batteries for that brand). It has variable max torque settings so you dont accidently strip screws and small bolts out. For the undertrays I used about a '3-6' setting on the tool then go back and finish tightening them by hand.
Amazon link
Good idea however it depends how much room you have to work under the Emira. The screwdriver/driver you reference takes up more space, compared to the ratchet. If you're working under a 4-post lift, then for sure it's better to control the torque with the screwdriver/driver. If space is at a premium, the ratchet would likely work better and then you'll have to take extra care with torque.

Either way, your comments about overtorquing are a good warning and appreciated.

Note: one other difference, not that it'll matter much to most, is the ratchet weighs in at 16 oz (a pound) whereas the screwdriver/driver weighs 1.95 pounds (almost double).

BTW and I may have mentioned this before (?), I love your avatar, which reminds me of how I'm feeling while driving my Emira sometimes (lol).

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back