• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira alternatives

Oh right silly me, nice 👌🏼
No it's my fault. Everyone with a Turbo S shorthands to "TTS" so it's pretty much a habit at this point.
So much of a habit I ended up naming the car...are you ready? Teets! 🤣🤣🤣
But I'm female so it's all good, right? Lol!!

I had a '22 F-type R on order last year. Well, shoot....I guess it was Sept 2021. My have the Emira years flown by!
Anyway, it was gonna be Firenze red with ivory interior. All options checked. I changed my mind about it as I really felt I may have been convincing myself I loved the new front end more than I did, I was reading about all kinds of JLR issues (possible bankruptcy), and at $120k new, I didn't feel like taking a huge depreciation tsunami in a year, especially with the Emira on order. So I backed out and they wouldn't even refund my $5k deposit. Nice, huh?

I do still wonder about that car... The R's I test drove were extremely fun and although the pops and gurgles of the last gen were not nearly as raucous, the car still sounded unreal.

****Shoot! I just realized this isn't the right thread. Mods...please redirect all of these F-type convos to the right thread. Sorry about that, again!
May as well move this one as well 😘 (thank you) 😘

I think the Ftype is pretty bomb proof for a JLR product.

Harry says on his review that it's built and benefitd from the same in house quality checks as the 4x4s but is a 'lightweight' 2 seater so comes out well.

Also says in 3 years he's only spent 800 pounds on routine servicing.

Last edited by a moderator:
New 75th (and final) edition coming out this year at some point, might be worth something down the line?

The F type used to be one of the most beautiful designs on sale in my opinion. But the facelift made the front end anonymous and fugly. That V8 is a monster though.

May as well move this one as well 😘 (thank you) 😘

I think the Ftype is pretty bomb proof for a JLR product.

Harry says on his review that it's built and benefitd from the same in house quality checks as the 4x4s but is a 'lightweight' 2 seater so comes out well.

Also says in 3 years he's only spent 800 pounds on routine servicing.
How many miles on the car? Daily driver?

No it's my fault. Everyone with a Turbo S shorthands to "TTS" so it's pretty much a habit at this point.
Are the rims on your turbo S stock? If not can you share what they are? Thanks.

Can't recommend a vette enough as a nice alternative. It was delivered yesterday. I couldn't stop smiling whipping this thing around town. Definitely get a 2lt if finances allow for it. The upgraded features are so nice like heads up display, sound system and all the tech stuff. It's also faster than I expected, made my 911 (base model) and my 2018 f type R (supercharged v6) feel like a hyundai. It's going to pair nicely with the Emira if it ever comes lol.

Attachments

• 20230112_155615.jpg
    20230112_155615.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 62
  • received_1223200875218747.jpeg
    received_1223200875218747.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 61
Can't recommend a vette enough as a nice alternative. It was delivered yesterday. I couldn't stop smiling whipping this thing around town. Definitely get a 2lt if finances allow for it. The upgraded features are so nice like heads up display, sound system and all the tech stuff. It's also faster than I expected, made my 911 (base model) and my 2018 f type R (supercharged v6) feel like a hyundai. It's going to pair nicely with the Emira if it ever comes lol.
Time for an exhaust, forged wheels and paragon springs.
start here

Yey someone else from Venus wonder 💭 how many of us on here 🤣🤣🤣
Never really name my cars other than one I would refer to as “beast” lol

definitely snagging some upgrades in the future. I bought this thing cash, so I am poor now lol. Have to wait until I recoup some funds. I Might have to sell some feet pics or start an only fans. Anyone want to subscribe to a 33 year old dude? I can take some shirtless photos on top of the vette haha
Hard pass cause you’re a guy

definitely snagging some upgrades in the future. I bought this thing cash, so I am poor now lol. Have to wait until I recoup some funds. I Might have to sell some feet pics or start an only fans. Anyone want to subscribe to a 33 year old dude? I can take some shirtless photos on top of the vette haha
Oi I don't need any competition, this is my patch 😤 🍆🍒

Yey someone else from Venus wonder 💭 how many of us on here 🤣🤣🤣
Never really name my cars other than one I would refer to as “beast” lol
You were the only female I knew of, tbh.

Never used to name ours either, but names are starting to stick for some reason now. We have names for all of them.🤣

What are your thoughts on the A91 Supra? Same twin turbo I6, right? I've been strongly considering one (since my Emira is apparently never going to arrive) and for the Emira money, I could have a brand new Supra and ~$40k leftover for some serious upgrades.

View attachment 21099

Pretty lame you can only order it in 2 colors and only tan interior. And here I was thinking the 6 Emira FE colors were too limited. 🙃

I absolutely love my Supra.

20230114_153000.jpg
20220313_154714.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back