• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira alternatives

What are your thoughts on the A91 Supra? Same twin turbo I6, right? I've been strongly considering one (since my Emira is apparently never going to arrive) and for the Emira money, I could have a brand new Supra and ~$40k leftover for some serious upgrades.

View attachment 21099

Pretty lame you can only order it in 2 colors and only tan interior. And here I was thinking the 6 Emira FE colors were too limited. 🙃
I actually do not mind it. My problem is I hate all cars with long hood views in front of me. Once you get used to just seeing the road in front of you like rear engine cars provide it is hard to go back. There is a level of connection to the road that rear engine cars provide that others do not. I have seen the Supra on the road and it does turn my head.

My alternative that I collect 1st March - don’t diss it till you demo it - it gives the smiles at £30k less with a great spec 😉

Attachments

• 25532DBC-F40D-4AB9-9A4B-84AD9A477BE5.jpeg
    25532DBC-F40D-4AB9-9A4B-84AD9A477BE5.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 73
  • B362E566-0F83-4498-A454-86D1E405EE5A.jpeg
    B362E566-0F83-4498-A454-86D1E405EE5A.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 73
My alternative that I collect 1st March - don’t diss it till you demo it - it gives the smiles at £30k less with a great spec 😉
Oh just gorgeous! Great taste girl! If I was to wrap my TTS, it would be a purple.

I've got three BMWs and no issues so far (some are older). I like many aspects of the new ones but really struggle on the looks. I've been waiting for the G8X to grow on me...
The older BMWs (pre 2005 or so) were awesome. I had a 2001 BMW 525 Wagon with 275k miles. That thing was a tank. A work truck ran me off the road and totalled it. I loved that car.

Asked for my deposit back before a new credit card was issued. I sat in a 18 month old f type p450 and it looked good and the interior was just excellent, coupled with a 56k price for an 11k miler it seems a no brainer , provided it drives decent which I'll test soon. Plus it can be tuned easily to 600hp.
noooo don't do it, you can buy an SVR for that money and the interior components on the pre-facelifted f types are so much nicer. I had a 2015 AWD R and I was invited to drive the P450 and it seems like a pointless car to me

The older BMWs (pre 2005 or so) were awesome. I had a 2001 BMW 525 Wagon with 275k miles. That thing was a tank. A work truck ran me off the road and totalled it. I loved that car.
Nice, they were great. My E46M3 is doing great, I can see it reaching 150k miles without many issues.

Nice, they were great. My E46M3 is doing great, I can see it reaching 150k miles without many issues.

Those were the coolest! I briefly had a black E36 with the Vader seats. There used to be a Laguna Seca E46 M3 I'd see often and always wished I could have.

I met a guy at a car get together who got an Xdrive in a custom purple color. He thought it was great....me, not so much...ha.
Twilight purple perhaps

Attachments

• 8F3295B1-D5F4-44DD-BC4B-1E5763DA6BA0.jpeg
    8F3295B1-D5F4-44DD-BC4B-1E5763DA6BA0.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 42
Asked for my deposit back before a new credit card was issued. I sat in a 18 month old f type p450 and it looked good and the interior was just excellent, coupled with a 56k price for an 11k miler it seems a no brainer , provided it drives decent which I'll test soon. Plus it can be tuned easily to 600hp.
Don't do the f-type:confused:..... That is a significant step down from an Emira... Surely, the i4 would be the better option here. You can tune those AMG engines to some pretty good numbers as well....

Don't want to sound rude - as that wasn't my intention. Best of luck in any car you choose Tony!

Last edited:
Wow! That is sexy. Love those rims and the yellow calipers. This is my old 911 turbo below.

This is still the 911 to me. When I think 911, I think this. This is one of my all time favorite cars especially the Ruf Porsche 911s. Why did you get rid of it?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back