• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira alternatives

I'm telling you. Black on black in person with the M4Comp looks bad azz.

Green doesn't look too bad either. That 0-60 is certainly impressive and I can vouch for AWD still being fun, but that was with my manual transmission STIs. I always want to like BMWs, but I've owned a couple in the early 2000s and spent plenty of time various M cars (some with 3 pedals). They just don't do anything for me for some reason. I always feel somewhat disengaged although there is more than enough power. And that was with RWD F8s.. Haven't driven the new G8s.. Or any with AWD. In the end, it's a heavy automatic luxury sports car and should be compared to other similar cars from Audi, Merc, and Lexus... Not a Lotus.

_1_22_bmw_m4_comp_xdrive_main.jpg

I’ve been building lots of these at 82k
I was anti vette for a while after a very short 1lt test drive. It just left me feeling unimpressed but I got to test drive a 2lt and really take it out for an extended time. I was able to push it and Rev it out. I officially admit I was wrong. The car is amazing. I just bought one 2023 2lt 78k little over msrp but best deal i could find. Had to get it shipped from NJ to TX. They are still listed in the 90s and 100s around me. Taking delivery today or tomorrow. Lotus probably won't be ready until 2030 so this will be my baby until then.

Attachments

• 694545106.jpg
    694545106.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 47
Green doesn't look too bad either. That 0-60 is certainly impressive and I can vouch for AWD still being fun, but that was with my manual transmission STIs. I always want to like BMWs, but I've owned a couple in the early 2000s and spent plenty of time various M cars (some with 3 pedals). They just don't do anything for me for some reason. I always feel somewhat disengaged although there is more than enough power. And that was with RWD F8s.. Haven't driven the new G8s.. Or any with AWD. In the end, it's a heavy automatic luxury sports car and should be compared to other similar cars from Audi, Merc, and Lexus... Not a Lotus.

View attachment 21097
I am early on the list for the Emira and should have mine this spring. Yeah, it's definitely a different car than an M4. I will say though you get a hell of a lot more car in an M4 than an Emira. Maybe it is scale of manufacturing, but the technology and drive train in an M4 is way above the Emira. I look forward to the Emira cause it will be unique and more fun to drive, but no doubt the BMW for $89k (which is what mine cost) is a way better bargain.

I am early on the list for the Emira and should have mine this spring. Yeah, it's definitely a different car than an M4. I will say though you get a hell of a lot more car in an M4 than an Emira. Maybe it is scale of manufacturing, but the technology and drive train in an M4 is way above the Emira. I look forward to the Emira cause it will be unique and more fun to drive, but no doubt the BMW for $89k (which is what mine cost) is a way better bargain.

What are your thoughts on the A91 Supra? Same twin turbo I6, right? I've been strongly considering one (since my Emira is apparently never going to arrive) and for the Emira money, I could have a brand new Supra and ~$40k leftover for some serious upgrades.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 122843.jpg

Pretty lame you can only order it in 2 colors and only tan interior. And here I was thinking the 6 Emira FE colors were too limited. 🙃

Not disagreeing with you, adding context that Lotus made direct comparison to the Base F-Type from the Emira i4 in their official U.S. press points literature at the Laguna Seca event August 11th, 2021.

Edit: Wow, August 11th, 2021 was ... forever ago :)

View attachment 21093
If you look at the F type colours available you can see where the Emira colour palette came from. Having sat in a 2021 F type today I can say the interior is much much better than the Emira, it feels solid and classy materials.

What are your thoughts on the A91 Supra? Same twin turbo I6, right? I've been strongly considering one (since my Emira is apparently never going to arrive) and for the Emira money, I could have a brand new Supra and ~$40k leftover for some serious upgrades.

View attachment 21099

Pretty lame you can only order it in 2 colors and only tan interior. And here I was thinking the 6 Emira FE colors were too limited. 🙃

I think that is a great choice.

I was anti vette for a while after a very short 1lt test drive. It just left me feeling unimpressed but I got to test drive a 2lt and really take it out for an extended time. I was able to push it and Rev it out. I officially admit I was wrong. The car is amazing. I just bought one 2023 2lt 78k little over msrp but best deal i could find. Had to get it shipped from NJ to TX. They are still listed in the 90s and 100s around me. Taking delivery today or tomorrow. Lotus probably won't be ready until 2030 so this will be my baby until then.
I’ve stood on that very spot ENJOY

I'm telling you. Black on black in person with the M4Comp looks bad azz. I wish I had a better picture with the front head on but I got nothing but compliments on this car.View attachment 21096
I luv the grill and the carbon bucket seats are 👌🏼Only thing with black it doesn’t show well the carbon exterior pack and roof it all just blends in. I had black but my two fav colours Isle Man green or Skyscraper grey
For the price you can pick up a 22 plate with low mileage your getting a lot of car for your money IMO

Attachments

• 883CD49C-30C9-41D4-A905-136996A45792.jpeg
    883CD49C-30C9-41D4-A905-136996A45792.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 0EA61EDE-4CEE-481D-A9AE-F3152E2B0E01.jpeg
    0EA61EDE-4CEE-481D-A9AE-F3152E2B0E01.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I luv the grill and the carbon bucket seats are 👌🏼Only thing with black it doesn’t show well the carbon exterior pack and roof it all just blends in. I had black but my two fav colours Isle Man green or Skyscraper grey
OK that looks pretty mean, I have to say. Beaver teeth and all.

For the price you can pick up a 22 plate with low mileage your getting a lot of car for your money IMO
The three colors you like are the same for me. I think any of those colors work well with the grill. Mine was $89k new. The only options it did not have that I would still consider was the carbon bucket seats, carbon interior/exterior pack. Someone who ordered it backed out so it wasn't a customer order by me.

I'm telling you. Black on black in person with the M4Comp looks bad azz. I wish I had a better picture with the front head on but I got nothing but compliments on this car.View attachment 21096
Over my dead body. My F80 in San Marino Blue will never be replaced by that monstrous thing. BMW has lost me as a client of new cars until they become subtle/classy and lose hundreds of pounds. Plus Emira and G80 are very different propositions.

Over my dead body. My F80 in San Marino Blue will never be replaced by that monstrous thing. BMW has lost me as a client of new cars until they become subtle/classy and lose hundreds of pounds. Plus Emira and G80 are very different propositions.
You know what they say. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Great you love your ride. BMW had lost me on quality. The last couple BMWs I had (550 and 750) were not good quality mechanically. Every BMW after 2007 seems to leak oil once you hit 70k miles. I will say though that I thought the M4 quality from what I can tell at the time seemed to be a very solid effort from BMW . Time will tell.

The three colors you like are the same for me. I think any of those colors work well with the grill. Mine was $89k new. The only options it did not have that I would still consider was the carbon bucket seats, carbon interior/exterior pack. Someone who ordered it backed out so it wasn't a customer order by me.
Oh agree the carbon seats are a must plus carbon exterior pack and the laser lights 👌🏼( mine wasn’t Xdrive as they were not released when I got mine, in UK they came a lot later ) but I wanted X drive
I’m UK they doing some very wild colours at the vivid orange 🍊 n green etc if u want to stand out in a crowd

Oh agree the carbon seats are a must plus carbon exterior pack and the laser lights 👌🏼( mine wasn’t Xdrive as they were not released when I got mine, in UK they came a lot later ) but I wanted X drive
I’m UK they doing some very wild colours at the vivid orange 🍊 n green etc if u want to stand out in a crowd
I met a guy at a car get together who got an Xdrive in a custom purple color. He thought it was great....me, not so much...ha.

You know what they say. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Great you love your ride. BMW had lost me on quality. The last couple BMWs I had (550 and 750) were not good quality mechanically. Every BMW after 2007 seems to leak oil once you hit 70k miles. I will say though that I thought the M4 quality from what I can tell at the time seemed to be a very solid effort from BMW . Time will tell.
I've got three BMWs and no issues so far (some are older). I like many aspects of the new ones but really struggle on the looks. I've been waiting for the G8X to grow on me...

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back