• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira alternatives

I love it too but I’d GASP do this instead

vNhp01Y.jpg

I love it too but I’d GASP do this instead

vNhp01Y.jpg

I forgot these exist. I routinely see supras but can't recall the last time I saw a Z4. Very interesting alternative to the supra. No manual, a little bit softer, yet you get the top down experience. That would be a hard choice for me.

Edit: Just googled the Z4 and I take that back; I'd take the supra. Z4 looks a little bit hairdressery.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the A91 Supra? Same twin turbo I6, right? I've been strongly considering one (since my Emira is apparently never going to arrive) and for the Emira money, I could have a brand new Supra and ~$40k leftover for some serious upgrades.

View attachment 21099

Pretty lame you can only order it in 2 colors and only tan interior. And here I was thinking the 6 Emira FE colors were too limited. 🙃
Drive one, the most disappointing car I've driven in ages. I Soooo wanted it to save me 30k

Drive one, the most disappointing car I've driven in ages. I Soooo wanted it to save me 30k

Yeah, I need to. A friend has an automatic one that's a couple years old but lives ~3hrs away and I really want to test one with a manual trans. Do you know if it's the same that was in the M3/M4? What was so disappointing about it? There are lots of aftermarket upgrades that should enhance nearly every aspect of it... Easy/inexpensive power upgrades from a simple tune and properly dialed in coilovers should have it performing great!

One of the best 991 wheels. After market wheels on these is just a massive no for me but I understand its WAY more popular in the states.
Huh...ya I'm just not a fan of the stockers. As to aftermarket wheels, I never keep any of my fun cars stock. You'll probably be horrified to hear it has a Techart drop as well. And also some upgraded aero parts that are not all on the car yet.
Most all mods I do can be put back to stock any time.

Huh...ya I'm just not a fan of the stockers. As to aftermarket wheels, I never keep any of my fun cars stock. You'll probably be horrified to hear it has a Techart drop as well. And also some upgraded aero parts that are not all on the car yet.
Most all mods I do can be put back to stock any time.
Porsche people are notorious for stock Is cool. I agree with you and the rims you installed look a million times better than stock and the drop is perfect. There is a blue Techart 992 turbos s on you tube that is drop dead gorgeous.

Yeah, I need to. A friend has an automatic one that's a couple years old but lives ~3hrs away and I really want to test one with a manual trans. Do you know if it's the same that was in the M3/M4? What was so disappointing about it? There are lots of aftermarket upgrades that should enhance nearly every aspect of it... Easy/inexpensive power upgrades from a simple tune and properly dialed in coilovers should have it performing great!
Nothing wrong with it as such, Just pure arcade game, no feedback or emotion about it, reminded me of my B9 rs5 but slower.

Not sure as making it faster would improve matters

I forgot these exist. I routinely see supras but can't recall the last time I saw a Z4. Very interesting alternative to the supra. No manual, a little bit softer, yet you get the top down experience. That would be a hard choice for me.

Edit: Just googled the Z4 and I take that back; I'd take the supra. Z4 looks a little bit hairdressery.
Well I drove a Miata every day for seven years then moved straight into a TT. You could say I’m immune to sissy slurs (and 6 1 225 :) )
people don’t really talk to me much
d9bFAX7.jpg

Yeah when you consider how much BIG power you can cheaply get from the b58 and all the aftermarket support, I’m guessing you buy a used one for $47k give a race shop $15k let them know street and race percentage, you’d gave a VERY capable car. Now imagine how sick that would be with the z4 version (and purple)

Well I drove a Miata every day for seven years then moved straight into a TT. You could say I’m immune to sissy slurs (and 6 1 225 :) )
d9bFAX7.jpg
I love that you're considering a purple Z4! Kinda like Matt Farrah with his "strawberry shortcake" Spyder. Who's gonna dare give him crap?

I love Matt and Z so much 2 years ago I drove my TT cross country to visit son1 in LA and reached out to them. They used to drive randos tuned rides and I asked them if they wanted to drive my TT.
Surprisingly Zack sent a message back in a day saying they no longer do that. That didn’t stop me from f ing about in the hills :)
Ycy4byt.jpg

Last edited:

I'd talk to you and compliment those locks! I can't fit comfortably in miatas / most of the small roadsters and find some of their proportions stubby (Miata RF is beautiful!! I'd squeeze in) but I still respect their performance! The mid-size / full size convertibles are more my flavor but my opinion isn't worth much any how!!

I'd talk to you and compliment those locks! I can't fit comfortably in miatas / most of the small roadsters and find some of their proportions stubby (Miata RF is beautiful!! I'd squeeze in) but I still respect their performance! The mid-size / full size convertibles are more my flavor but my opinion isn't worth much any how!!
My college roommate rocks a scat charger it’s SO MUCH FUN

ouO3WO6.jpg

Right out of school he got a 5.0 then a cobra with DOOM license plates. Did some family stuff then back to muscle

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back