• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira alternatives

Great for 80k or less but a bit like the Emira the engine is the limitation that detracts from the price tag (even at 80k)
I agree re the engine size, it's a tough sell....and it's actually £90k! But they will be a rare thing as they'll only produce 32 for the UK in 2023 and another 32 for 2024.

When you stretch past the power output and look at the stats, it p*sses all over a lot of other cars in the segment and the base Alpines are already brilliant drivers machines.

I agree re the engine size, it's a tough sell....and it's actually £90k! But they will be a rare thing as they'll only produce 32 for the UK in 2023 and another 32 for 2024.

When you stretch past the power output and look at the stats, it p*sses all over a lot of other cars in the segment and the base Alpines are already brilliant drivers machines.
Yes I know, it would be better at 80k! 😂
I REALLY liked my Alpine A110 test drive. Just not quite ready for an auto yet, otherwise there would be one on my drive now!
You can get a lovely one new for 55k so plus 40k for the R seems a stretch..... as nice as it is 😍 (probably be a future classic mind)

Last edited:
Yes I know, it would be better at 80k! 😂
I REALLY liked my Alpine A110 test drive. Just not quite ready for an auto yet, otherwise there would be on my drive now!
You can get a lovely one new for 55k so plus 40k for the R seems a stretch..... as nice as it is 😍 (probably be a future classic mind)
Yeah, it's a lot of money for sure....... if it was a V6 with a Porsche badge I'm sure people would be falling over themselves to pay 50-80 grand overs like the GT4 RS.

I think most people in the market just don't want to spend £50-£90k on a four banger but I think if it looked like the Emira and drove like the Alpine, they'd be selling like hotcakes!!

Manual would also be my preferred choice but as I have the GR for fun too, DCT isn't of the table for me

Yeah, it's a lot of money for sure....... if it was a V6 with a Porsche badge I'm sure people would be falling over themselves to pay 50-80 grand overs like the GT4 RS.

I think most people in the market just don't want to spend £50-£90k on a four banger but I think if it looked like the Emira and drove like the Alpine, they'd be selling like hotcakes!!

Manual would also be my preferred choice but as I have the GR for fun too, DCT isn't of the table for me
Just a dream, but I wonder if they would save yet more weight dropping the 3 pot out of the Yaris into the Alpine 🤔

All these blooming sports cars are slightly compromised in some way. More I think about it the more an Exige is calling to me (until I decide its too raw 😅)

Just a dream, but I wonder if they would save yet more weight dropping the 3 pot out of the Yaris into the Alpine 🤔
Good point! The Yaris engine and gearbox in the Apline would be 😍
All these blooming sports cars are slightly compromised in some way. More I think about it the more an Exige is calling to me (until I decide its too raw 😅)
And then in steps the Alpine again 😂

A similar price to the Emira’s on the market at the momen, what’s your thoughts?
Great car but running costs and McLaren foibles are well known!

On a different note, I never knew the racing driver helmet on the vent controls in the Emira were stolen from McLaren 😱

Attachments

• Image 15-01-2023 at 21.00.jpeg
    Image 15-01-2023 at 21.00.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 46
I had the opportunity to drive a 2021 Evora (auto trans) at a nearby BMW dealership, yesterday. The saleswomen is a real sportscar enthusiast and she was very happy to direct me to very curvy backcountry roads. The ride was firm and the acceleration surprised me. Seeing it in person is an amazing experience, but it was that test-drive that gave me immense respect for Lotus. The only thing I didn't like was the non-adjustable seat. I felt as if it needed to rise 2-4 inches to put me at the height to which I am accustomed.

I know right we need it bad. I mean NOBODY here will be happy with me if I buy a c8
Not true! The handful of people who have cancelled and bought something else, who want to pretend they've left Lotus but are still here (it's like Hotel California; you can check out anytime you like, but you will never leave), will immediately like your post as soon as you announce it!

I know right we need it bad. I mean NOBODY here will be happy with me if I buy a c8

I say if a c8 gives you the fizz, sign and drive.

Personally I can't trust myself with a c8. I think it looks like a Pokemon. If I bought one, I would not be able to resist the impulse to put Pokemon ears on it. Then I'd be the kind of person who drives a Pokemon car. I'm single, the consequences would be devastating to my personal life.

1675901441153.png

Not true! The handful of people who have cancelled and bought something else, who want to pretend they've left Lotus but are still here (it's like Hotel California; you can check out anytime you like, but you will never leave), will immediately like your post as soon as you announce it!

I say if a c8 gives you the fizz, sign and drive.

Personally I can't trust myself with a c8. I think it looks like a Pokemon. If I bought one, I would not be able to resist the impulse to put Pokemon ears on it. Then I'd be the kind of person who drives a Pokemon car. I'm single, the consequences would be devastating to my personal life.

View attachment 22404