• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira alternatives

Test Drove this today. Base 2.0 PDK great car but I didn’t laugh the entire time like my Emira test drive
kmujZh7.jpg

Q2OdVnc.jpg

Test Drove this today. Base 2.0 PDK great car but I didn’t laugh the entire time like my Emira test drive
kmujZh7.jpg

Q2OdVnc.jpg
I was never a huge fan of the 2.0 718's. Some really like them. Emira is a much more exciting car than base 718's.

How did you compare the 718 to the Audi TT? Feel like those would be a bit more similiar.

I was never a huge fan of the 2.0 718's. Some really like them. Emira is a much more exciting car than base 718's.

How did you compare the 718 to the Audi TT? Feel like those would be a bit more similiar.
wrote this on 718 forum :
So, a few discoveries today, this is my second 718 test drive, first car was a base 19 manual this was a base PDK. Thanks Hunter for the 40 solo miles.
-ventilated seats are not too firm, I’ll spec them
-base seats are perfect 6 1 225. Headrest is perfect. Ever driven a car the headrest pushes your neck forward? THE WORST
-the base 4 is fast enough, with a JB4 it will fly
-sport exhaust makes it louder but **** I don’t dig it at all. I drive to LA every summer but sports button off I could drive forever (SOUL or AWE to the rescue)
-the seating position is LOW finally! Not quite low enough: C8 Emira TT
-the seats are beautifully made, the leather on the passenger seat was nice to look at
-steering wheel was perfect, everyday touch points 100% (so important)
-waved at by a twin turbo and a Hyundai N sedan. cool
-not put together as well as my TT (slight rattles only 13k miles)
-ride on Non PASM 20s mich 4s had a slight jitter (too strong a word) I’d spec 40 series tires on 19s like the 40 series on my TT 18”ers
-the interior reminded me of my Miata, so intimate, I’m guessing the top of the windshield is almost the exact distance in both cars from my face, I freaking loved it
-final most important discovery, my car needs a manual and needs to be as base as possible. It reminded me so much of my Miata I gotta keep it simple.
Cheers the rick

wrote this on 718 forum :
So, a few discoveries today, this is my second 718 test drive, first car was a base 19 manual this was a base PDK. Thanks Hunter for the 40 solo miles.
-ventilated seats are not too firm, I’ll spec them
-base seats are perfect 6 1 225. Headrest is perfect. Ever driven a car the headrest pushes your neck forward? THE WORST
-the base 4 is fast enough, with a JB4 it will fly
-sport exhaust makes it louder but **** I don’t dig it at all. I drive to LA every summer but sports button off I could drive forever (SOUL or AWE to the rescue)
-the seating position is LOW finally! Not quite low enough: C8 Emira TT
-the seats are beautifully made, the leather on the passenger seat was nice to look at
-steering wheel was perfect, everyday touch points 100% (so important)
-waved at by a twin turbo and a Hyundai N sedan. cool
-not put together as well as my TT (slight rattles only 13k miles)
-ride on Non PASM 20s mich 4s had a slight jitter (too strong a word) I’d spec 40 series tires on 19s like the 40 series on my TT 18”ers
-the interior reminded me of my Miata, so intimate, I’m guessing the top of the windshield is almost the exact distance in both cars from my face, I freaking loved it
-final most important discovery, my car needs a manual and needs to be as base as possible. It reminded me so much of my Miata I gotta keep it simple.
Cheers the rick
Nice, but I am confused? Are you ordering an Emira or a 718 Boxster? Or both? (not a bad idea haha)

Nice, but I am confused? Are you ordering an Emira or a 718 Boxster? Or both? (not a bad idea haha)
I’m buying an Emira, 718 Boxster or c8 htc in 3 years. I enjoy test drives but before you get mad, I always tip my host and chat up the sales managers. Did 40 solo miles, pretty great

I’m buying an Emira, 718 Boxster or c8 htc in 3 years.
Well the 718's are going electric in 2 years. 2025 I believe is the final model year.

All good choices, really comes down to personal preference. I would take an Emira out of the Lot.

Well the 718's are going electric in 2 years. 2025 I believe is the final model year.

All good choices, really comes down to personal preference. I would take an Emira out of the Lot.
Yup, p cars pre owned Covid prices are NUTSO but coming down. I image a certified 15k 2019 GTS 4 cylinder costing $65k or so in 3 years. I imagine a 20-21 T the same. My plan def includes pre owned 718s, money to fix the gearing! I keep cars a long time. I’d never buy a pre owned lotus or c8.

Yup, p cars pre owned Covid prices are NUTSO but coming down. I image a certified 15k 2019 GTS 4 cylinder costing $65k or so in 3 years. I imagine a 20-21 T the same. My plan def includes pre owned 718s, money to fix the gearing! I keep cars a long time. I’d never buy a pre owned lotus or c8.
never considered a Lexus LC500? Talk about owning a car for a long time.... I get why the UK guys don't see it has a competitor, it cost significantly more in Europe than over here. But, it is a very overlooked car. The interior is stunning. Not sure how it holds up in the pre-owned market, but that V8 is incredible.

Its a lot more GT than sports car tho... nevermind ahaha

never considered a Lexus LC500? Talk about owning a car for a long time.... I get why the UK guys don't see it has a competitor, it cost significantly more in Europe than over here. But, it is a very overlooked car. The interior is stunning. Not sure how it holds up in the pre-owned market, but that V8 is incredible.

Its a lot more GT than sports car tho... nevermind ahaha
Yo bro I’m 59 not 79 lol

just arranging a test drive in this

b97b8c8086bf421ea9f793d580aab82c.jpg

…. And this….

41ba97e7e99f4da0a9ce89141a27246b.jpg
Superb has the mag ride and all important button to keep depressed 💯 % if the time so that your neighbours will lov you even more . 🤣Let us know what you think of your demo ride you won’t be disappointed😁

what were the running costs like? yearly service or every 2? any common / major issues?
Hi had my 17 plate for 3 years sold it in beginning of 2021 after she was out of warranty. I think for such performance you can’t grumble at running costs (obviously car is thirsty ) Servicing was yearly think in region of £450 £650 depending if big or small although you can go thro a set of tyres in 10k miles suppose depends how you ride her. Only issue I had in 3 years is that two of the Shock absorber dust caps cracked and it doesn’t come as a separate part you need to replace the complete strut which was like £1350 -£1500 per strut. I never replaced them as I thought 💭 well same thing could just keep happening