• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira alternatives

Selling at msrp a few places (mcmulkin ciocca a place in MD)
I truly enjoy my C8 and also have a Z06 deposit @ MM for MSRP. I'm in the low 200s for allocation so will be close if I get a '23 or not. I've moved ~70 slots so far but kinda hoping it will be next MY

I suspect at this point you'd have better luck getting on the list for a C9.
Lol $ wise I’m a stingray man (HTC $82k) every hater should go drive a pre owned post break in C8, you’ll dig it the most
I’d buy forged wheels, titanium cat back and paragon lowering springs BAMM fast GT with open roof

68ImXZj.jpg

Reactions: MPD
I truly enjoy my C8 and also have a Z06 deposit @ MM for MSRP. I'm in the low 200s for allocation so will be close if I get a '23 or not. I've moved ~70 slots so far but kinda hoping it will be next MY
I love this! They just let me back on the c8 forum are you over there?

Facts. Can anyone offer a good reason why I shouldn’t drop the Emira for a 570GT?

I can offer ~50-60k reasons. 😂 But in all seriousness, I've been strongly considering a 570 myself. Waiting for prices to drop a bit further though. Watch out for repair costs too... I know owners who've faced $10k+ repair bills out of warranty. Front brakes alone are ~$14k+ just in parts (that's for the CC on the 570S.. Pretty sure the GT has steel rotors).

Lol $ wise I’m a stingray man (HTC $82k) every hater should go drive a pre owned post break in C8, you’ll dig it the most
I’d buy forged wheels, titanium cat back and paragon lowering springs BAMM fast GT with open roof

68ImXZj.jpg

I did drive one, a Stingray 2LT, back to back with an Evora GT (both pre-owned) at the same dealership.

For me the choice was obvious.

The Corvette felt very well put together and like it would be a very nice car to daily and drive long distances. It felt big, heavy, and undramatic. Like a very focused Cadillac. The engine was not present enough for me, which was a surprise. The interior design was way too loud and I detest the HVAC happy trail. It felt totally competent and I’m sure it’s a sound foundation for a track weapon, but it wasn’t engaging. As far as sports cars go, it was the opposite of what I want, which is light, small, dramatic, and engaging. The stuff that has traditionally drawn people to Lotus.

The Evora was immediately more satisfying. I knew it from the moment I set off. The inputs were perfect, I felt like I had driven the car my whole life. Clutch was easy and natural, shift notchy and short, engine note was somehow better than the V8, screaming with joy and adding the very present supercharger wine. It felt more nimble, more eager and VERY alive. The interior is not as nice, it doesn’t have nearly as many comforts, but it was the much more engaging car.

I came away fully understanding why people buy this Vette, but I have no idea why people interested in Lotus would buy it when a) it’s a very different car and b) the Evora exists.

3243AE96-E5ED-4DD7-B2AB-DE46D4257113.jpeg1770B7D8-092B-4997-9B3D-93EA0E77B8D9.jpeg6ECDF203-09D9-4192-AAAD-58676C83C0FC.jpeg439F58FB-52AA-42FB-98CA-2D57197FBD1A.jpegI’m

Last edited:
No haters here, I’ve owned a C5 for 24 years and still grin every time I drive it. I just wish the C8 had a third pedal and was a little less Batmobile, thus my Emira order. But bang for buck you can’t beat Chevy.

I did drive one, a Stingray 2LT, back to back with an Evora GT (both pre-owned) at the same dealership.

For me the choice was obvious.

The Corvette felt very well put together and like it would be a very nice car to daily and drive long distances. It felt big, heavy, and undramatic. Like a very focused Cadillac. The engine was not present enough for me, which was a surprise. The interior design was way too loud and I detest the HVAC happy trail. It felt totally competent and I’m sure it’s a sound foundation for a track weapon, but it wasn’t engaging. As far as sports cars go, it was the opposite of what I want, which is light, small, dramatic, and engaging. The stuff that has traditionally drawn people to Lotus.

The Evora was immediately more satisfying. I knew it from the moment I set off. The inputs were perfect, I felt like I had driven the car my whole life. Clutch was easy and natural, shift notchy and short, engine note was somehow better than the V8, screaming with joy and adding the very present supercharger wine. It felt more nimble, more eager and VERY alive. The interior is not as nice, it doesn’t have nearly as many comforts, but it was the much more engaging car.

I came away fully understanding why people buy this Vette, but I have no idea why people interested in Lotus would buy it when a) it’s a very different car and b) the Evora exists.

View attachment 22423View attachment 22421View attachment 22420View attachment 22422I’m
I’m interested in the C8 partly cause I’ve never owned a car like it. I dd a modded Miata for 7 years which required ear plugs for road trips and now drive a tuned TT with yet another turbo 4.
it’s fun to try new things. As I said before if the emira had a targa top I’d 100% buy it. The htc and 718 Boxster are in contention cause of the open top.

Interesting comment .... as I am that person (and know many others). If you can only have one then I can see the point but if you are fortunate enough to be able to have multiple then they can serve different purposes. I have two other performance cars and when you look across them all, they all are different but yet I like each ... maybe some more than others though :)

I will say that I absolutely do not like the rear nor do I like the wall of buttons. I have a 3LT HTC and the quality of the interior is top notch though .... except the stupid plastic vent adjusters :)

The great thing is that everyone has their preferences and various cars can fill those itches, so we aren't forced into just one.... having choices are great. I can't wait to have the Emira on some backroad twisties and cause some strained necks from people trying to figure out what the heck just went by

I can offer ~50-60k reasons. 😂 But in all seriousness, I've been strongly considering a 570 myself. Waiting for prices to drop a bit further though. Watch out for repair costs too... I know owners who've faced $10k+ repair bills out of warranty. Front brakes alone are ~$14k+ just in parts (that's for the CC on the 570S.. Pretty sure the GT has steel rotors).
ditto what he said. I seriously considered the 570 but the repair costs (way too MANY stories of issues) kept me from jumping into the Mc pool

Interesting comment .... as I am that person (and know many others). If you can only have one then I can see the point but if you are fortunate enough to be able to have multiple then they can serve different purposes. I have two other performance cars and when you look across them all, they all are different but yet I like each ... maybe some more than others though :)

I will say that I absolutely do not like the rear nor do I like the wall of buttons. I have a 3LT HTC and the quality of the interior is top notch though .... except the stupid plastic vent adjusters :)

The great thing is that everyone has their preferences and various cars can fill those itches, so we aren't forced into just one.... having choices are great. I can't wait to have the Emira on some backroad twisties and cause some strained necks from people trying to figure out what the heck just went by

Yes thank you, the two cars are complimentary and I did assume one sports car. A bit of recently unemployed projection lol.

Reactions: MPD
Hilarious. Curious what the #confirmationbias #dodgedabullet #notanemiraownerbutheretobecritical members say.

This is very specifically the reason for non-rich people not to buy a McLaren. Unless you have the kind of "F you" money to drop $10k on basic maintenance without thinking about it for more than 10 seconds, it's probably not a smart buy.

One of the appealing things about Lotus to me is that they use mostly off-the-shelf components from major auto and motorsport manufacturers, which makes basic maintenance cost (mostly) normal car prices.

That's unfortunately not true for any of the supercar manufacturers.