• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira and Quick Jack

Does anyone have any experience with air bag jacks? It could be a handy solution to jack up an Emira easily.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 3.03.19 PM.png

Does anyone have any experience with air bag jacks? It could be a handy solution to jack up an Emira easily.

View attachment 49589
So this Vevor air bag jack in its deflated position is about an eighth of an inch to a quarter of an inch too tall to fit under the Emira jack pad. I think the three-quarter of an inch rubber pad that comes on the airbag jack could be replaced for a shorter rubber pad so it would work.

IMG_1201.jpeg
IMG_1200.jpeg

So this Vevor air bag jack in its deflated position is about an eighth of an inch to a quarter of an inch too tall to fit under the Emira jack pad. I think the three-quarter of an inch rubber pad that comes on the airbag jack could be replaced for a shorter rubber pad so it would work.

View attachment 49921View attachment 49922
"If you can't raise the bridge, lower the river".

Just drive the Emira up on to 1 or 2 inch tall storage blocks like these or similar. Or make your own. Should work, right?

When I took the car off the lift I realized the crossbeam would have worked better in the back with no need for toe in. It would mean the lift would be closer together though.

This is specific to the 6000 ELX

"If you can't raise the bridge, lower the river".

Just drive the Emira up on to 1 or 2 inch tall storage blocks like these or similar. Or make your own. Should work, right?
I went ahead and purchased some Race Ramps Scale Ramps. I figured they would be handy for jacking low ground clearance vehicles and make it easier to drive up on my scales.

Where did you get these schwaben? Can’t seem to find them.
Sold by ECS Tuning:

Mine are the 67" low-profile set. When spaced properly for the front wheels, the Emira has clearance between the ramps and front splitter.

Nothing special about Schwaben name. They are probably identical construction to RaceRamps or Megan Racing products as well.

I have just read through this whole thread…. What is the consensus for the best fitting Quickjack in regards to the Emira. Buy the 5000TL or the 5000TLX? Or is there another brand that seems to fit even better for the Emira?

I have just read through this whole thread…. What is the consensus for the best fitting Quickjack in regards to the Emira. Buy the 5000TL or the 5000TLX? Or is there another brand that seems to fit even better for the Emira?
are you buying ONLY for Emira use, or for other cars as well?

Back