Eventuri development

So what’s the word on the eventuri intake? How’s it working? Any dyno results? Itching to get one!
Got the dyno results. The Eventuri is for real. I posted the results on my project journal thread,"Adding Lightness"

Just for the info, I got mine from @GRP.

Has anyone seen what filters the Emira Eventuri uses?

Is the performance improvement the result of a less restrictive air filter?
Partially but mostly it's the airflow speed through the intake. The Eventuri is just doing a better job feeding air into the supercharger.

Apparently the Emira uses type B Eventuri filters.

Asked my dealer about this:

"As with any modifications, warranty is voided if a failure is directly linked to it."

So the question is what possible failures could result from doing this mod?

"As with any modifications, warranty is voided if a failure is directly linked to it."

The filter could allow particulate though that the stock filter doesn't. Just spit balling. I'd love to see someone come up with a large particle screen for right behind the vent on that side.

Of course the vent screws in from behind, so you'd have to remove the wheel arch liner and the intake to access it. Maybe that's why there's that heavy duty of a filter.

Last edited:

As with anything in life, you ask different people a question you’ll get difference responses. Some dealers are fine with it, and others that go strictly by the book and say no way. This goes for the 3rd cat delete as well.

If you go by the book of lotus, it will void warranty. If your dealer is cool, they’ll do it on the down low.

As with anything in life, you ask different people a question you’ll get difference responses. Some dealers are fine with it, and others that go strictly by the book and say no way. This goes for the 3rd cat delete as well.

If you go by the book of lotus, it will void warranty. If your dealer is cool, they’ll do it on the down low.
My dealer was fine with cat delete, exahust, y-pipe, short shifter, transmission mount inserts

Got the dyno results. The Eventuri is for real. I posted the results on my project journal thread,"Adding Lightness"

Just for the info, I got mine from @GRP.
Nice! Still would like to see the dyno shoot out with drop in filter to see is the gain coming from Eventuri design or just a better less restrictive intake. Hopefully @GRP will get the test out for us so we can see the results.

Nice! Still would like to see the dyno shoot out with drop in filter to see is the gain coming from Eventuri design or just a better less restrictive intake. Hopefully @GRP will get the test out for us so we can see the results.
I believe GRP said they were planning a dyno shoot out the end of this month, i'm also curious to see the differences in gains from drop in filter/GRPs intake/Eventuri

Dyno day is scheduled for the 31st.
We have the annual Hot August Nights car event coming up here in town so all of the performance shops are slammed with work right now getting cars ready which put us way out on scheduling.

Dyno day is scheduled for the 31st.
We have the annual Hot August Nights car event coming up here in town so all of the performance shops are slammed with work right now getting cars ready which put us way out on scheduling.
While you've got the car on the dyno, here's what would be very useful.

Dyno run 1 - Stock: A baseline run with the car stock, including air filter, 3rd cat, muffler and all.
Dyno run 2 - GRP filter
: Next, the only change being your drop-in air filter.

Dyno run 3 - GRP filter and 3rd cat delete: Now with your drop-in filter still installed, remove the 3rd cat (leave the stock muffler).
Dyno run 4 - Stock filter + 3rd cat delete: Keep the 3rd cat delete, but re-install the factory air filter.

Dyno run 5 - Stock filter + 3rd cat delete + titanium muffler: Now add your titanium muffler.
Dyno run 6 - GRP filter + 3rd cat delete + titanium muffler: Now just switch the air filter to the GRP.

Dyno run 7 - GRP filter + 3rd cat + titanium muffler: Next, just put the 3rd cat back, and keep the titanium muffler.
Dyno run 8 - Stock filter + 3rd cat + titanium muffler: Now just switch the air filter back to stock.

The above series of runs will cover the combos for the differences with your products (GRP) versus stock. I didn't include the Eventuri due to the hassle of switching out the stock air filter system with it. However, after you've done the runs above, you already have all the data with the stock air filter. Now you just need to swap out the stock air filter system with the Eventuri, then do runs with your 3rd cat delete and muffler. If you've kept the car as it was in Dyno run 8, then you could do as follows:

Dyno run 9 - Eventuri + 3rd cat + titanium muffler. (only change compared to Dyno run 8 is the Eventuri)
Dyno run 10 - Eventuri + 3rd cat delete + titanium muffler (just delete the 3rd cat)
Dyno run 11 - Eventuri + 3rd cat delete + stock muffler (switch back to the stock muffler)
Dyno run 12 - Eventuri + 3rd cat + stock muffler (just put the 3rd cat back)

Unless I've missed something, all of that would cover all the possible combinations with air filters, 3rd cat and mufflers. It's a lot of wrenching, but if you follow the sequence outlined above, it would be the least amount of wrenching to get all the possible combos.

If you DO go through all of that, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND to anyone who makes their buying decision based on your work and results, to BUY FROM GRP. Even if someone can get the Eventuri for a few bucks cheaper from somebody else, if you've used Greg's tests to make your decision, do the honorable thing and support him. I can already tell you Greg, I'm halfway towards your titanium muffler. I like the tone and sound I heard on your website videos, but those were with the 3rd cat delete. I'm not going to delete my 3rd cat because I don't want the car louder. I want to hear your titanium muffler with the 3rd cat installed. If it sounds reasonably close in volume to the stock muffler, I'm in. I'll order one from you.

While you've got the car on the dyno, here's what would be very useful.

Dyno run 1 - Stock: A baseline run with the car stock, including air filter, 3rd cat, muffler and all.
Dyno run 2 - GRP filter
: Next, the only change being your drop-in air filter.

Dyno run 3 - GRP filter and 3rd cat delete: Now with your drop-in filter still installed, remove the 3rd cat (leave the stock muffler).
Dyno run 4 - Stock filter + 3rd cat delete: Keep the 3rd cat delete, but re-install the factory air filter.

Dyno run 5 - Stock filter + 3rd cat delete + titanium muffler: Now add your titanium muffler.
Dyno run 6 - GRP filter + 3rd cat delete + titanium muffler: Now just switch the air filter to the GRP.

Dyno run 7 - GRP filter + 3rd cat + titanium muffler: Next, just put the 3rd cat back, and keep the titanium muffler.
Dyno run 8 - Stock filter + 3rd cat + titanium muffler: Now just switch the air filter back to stock.

The above series of runs will cover the combos for the differences with your products (GRP) versus stock. I didn't include the Eventuri due to the hassle of switching out the stock air filter system with it. However, after you've done the runs above, you already have all the data with the stock air filter. Now you just need to swap out the stock air filter system with the Eventuri, then do runs with your 3rd cat delete and muffler. If you've kept the car as it was in Dyno run 8, then you could do as follows:

Dyno run 9 - Eventuri + 3rd cat + titanium muffler. (only change compared to Dyno run 8 is the Eventuri)
Dyno run 10 - Eventuri + 3rd cat delete + titanium muffler (just delete the 3rd cat)
Dyno run 11 - Eventuri + 3rd cat delete + stock muffler (switch back to the stock muffler)
Dyno run 12 - Eventuri + 3rd cat + stock muffler (just put the 3rd cat back)

Unless I've missed something, all of that would cover all the possible combinations with air filters, 3rd cat and mufflers. It's a lot of wrenching, but if you follow the sequence outlined above, it would be the least amount of wrenching to get all the possible combos.

If you DO go through all of that, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND to anyone who makes their buying decision based on your work and results, to BUY FROM GRP. Even if someone can get the Eventuri for a few bucks cheaper from somebody else, if you've used Greg's tests to make your decision, do the honorable thing and support him. I can already tell you Greg, I'm halfway towards your titanium muffler. I like the tone and sound I heard on your website videos, but those were with the 3rd cat delete. I'm not going to delete my 3rd cat because I don't want the car louder. I want to hear your titanium muffler with the 3rd cat installed. If it sounds reasonably close in volume to the stock muffler, I'm in. I'll order one from you.
I hope GRP have the dyno for the whole day because that is a lot of potential heat build up. :p

My Eventuri arrived. I'm honestly surprised that the inside is rough. From an airflow perspective smooth is better.

It just feels like rough carbon/fiberglass