• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First Emira Breakdown?

It's sad that Lotus are losing a lot of customers and potential customers through pure apathy at the way things are handled by them 🙁

🕷🥰
Just curious do you have a speadsheet for all these customers that lotus has lost? You do realize people on this forum are a drop in the bucket if that. It is funny how people just state opinions like facts on here.

Bejesus , how long before you reject the car and retrieve your cash ?

Just curious do you have a speadsheet for all these customers that lotus has lost? You do realize people on this forum are a drop in the bucket if that. It is funny how people just state opinions like facts on here.
Exactly. There are 10,000 deposits, about 1,500 registered users on here and about 50-100 active posters. Some of those active posters don't have deposits.

Exactly. There are 10,000 deposits, about 1,500 registered users on here and about 50-100 active posters. Some of those active posters don't have deposits.
There is merit to it, though. There are people on here with an Emira that have never posted, so many others are reading/lurking they have not yet purchased. Word travels quickly online, which is why it's shocking Lotus isn't handling this better.

How many views does this forum receive from non-members? I am sure there is some analytics on that. I would think that number is far higher than 10K unique views per month. Just because we have 1,500 members does not truly show the impact of an online forum has. More so for English speaking countries/people of course.

I agree in that context forums are public and visible, so Lotus does have a choice about whether to tackle issues raised on here and should ideally take some notice. Historically they have tended not to engage directly on forum discussions but I know LCC, PR and senior management read stuff.

We can't assume forum membership or number of reported issues on cars are representative of the Emira-buying population.

I'm new to the forum and my initial impressions are that there are a few proper bell*nds in here who seem to be rejoicing in some early adopter issues - and the fact they have cancelled. You don't know what you are missing chaps. More fool you. I couldn't be more happy.
SPOT ON

One would hope Geely could at least line up a Volvo as a courtesy car when a Lotus needs service, but maybe there are too many moving parts to juggle there.

How many views does this forum receive from non-members? I am sure there is some analytics on that. I would think that number is far higher than 10K unique views per month. Just because we have 1,500 members does not truly show the impact of an online forum has. More so for English speaking countries/people of course.
My original point was about forum members as a representative cross-section of Emira owners. And hence whether posts about issues from owners on here are a reasonable sample of issues actually occurring.

I agree the forum has a wider audience than the 1,500 registered members - probably 10x that in terms of visitors. Perhaps Lotus ought to take more notice of what gets posted here. But they’ve decided not to. And they have field reports from customers and dealers as a more accurate way of deciding whether an issue is widespread or not.

It would be great if Lotus engaged more with customers, including appreciating the role of forums and other social media, but we’ve been saying that for the last 18 months and it’s isn’t happening.

Nope. That's the problem with shit customer service, it's actually really hard to measure unless you put yourself in the consumers shoes and benchmark your level of service against the competition. They definitely aren't doing this.
Plus they don't want direct feedback. Communication isnt scored so.....

Love your enthusiasm for the brand and willingness to let things slide, but as someone that's dedicated themselves to actually delivering a best in class level of customer service I cant let it slide. Especially when we are talking basics...

Really? So now you are implying that the level of Service Lotus have given has NOT affected your choice to defer your order (possibly indefinitely)

If you think this is a microcosm that isn't reflected throughout the whole Lotus depositer list then i am afraid you are definitely mistaken.

Forum members should be banding together to make it known to Lotus about the level of service they expect, not burying their heads in the sand and dismissing the obvious

My original point was about forum members as a representative cross-section of Emira owners. And hence whether posts about issues from owners on here are a reasonable sample of issues actually occurring.

I agree the forum has a wider audience than the 1,500 registered members - probably 10x that in terms of visitors. Perhaps Lotus ought to take more notice of what gets posted here. But they’ve decided not to. And they have field reports from customers and dealers as a more accurate way of deciding whether an issue is widespread or not.

It would be great if Lotus engaged more with customers, including appreciating the role of forums and other social media, but we’ve been saying that for the last 18 months and it’s isn’t happening.

Agreed! Some companies would pay good money for focus groups who are as enthusiastic as we are! Meanwhile all this great constructive feedback from real customers appears to fall on deaf ears (or blind eyes).

It'd be amazing to arrange an AMA with someone qualified from upper management at Lotus, but I know that will never happen.

Agreed! Some companies would pay good money for focus groups who are as enthusiastic as we are! Meanwhile all this great constructive feedback from real customers appears to fall on deaf ears (or blind eyes).

It'd be amazing to arrange an AMA with someone qualified from upper management at Lotus, but I know that will never happen.
100%

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back